THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I am terribly worried. I wish I could could do *something*, anything. At least to combat this feeling of utter helplessness and impotence!

Perze! <3

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Aaaand...I think I'm getting a cold. DO NOT WANT.

Comment

So, while at the market I bought six regular bananas and was given a free bunch of apple bananas, which are smaller than regular and have many more on a bunch. Since they were free and already a little brown I told a couple of my housemates they could take "a couple" if they wanted. I got up for work last night to find that, not only are half the apple bananas gone, but four of the regular bananas which were not offered were gone as well. Six bananas and I got to eat two. Dill holes. I'll be dipping into the old guy's butter.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Winter can leave now. I'm sick of my throat being too dry to do much vocal work.

Comment

Really? Another snow day? REally?

It feels so unnecessary.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              Really? Another snow day? REally?

It feels so unnecessary.
              I was going to rant it's 61 degrees out today and chilly. I should not do that. I should not do that.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I was going to rant it's 61 degrees out today and chilly. I should not do that. I should not do that.
                I feel bad about ranting about having a paid day off. But its my 4th paid day off in 2 weeks...cooped up in the house with the kids...while my work piles up in the office. Don't get me wrong, I'll probably get an extension, but that's still a weeks worth of work that I need to get done that I can't do from home. Because, even though I'll get due date extensions, my start dates on new surveys won't get pushed back, I'll just have to do twice as much work to catch up.
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

It's exam week every day except friday. As in we only need to come in if we have tests, except friday where we need to come in as normal. What is the purpose of this? what advantage could it possibly give them?
                  Circe

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    I am terribly worried. I wish I could could do *something*, anything. At least to combat this feeling of utter helplessness and impotence!

Perze! <3
                    The pshrink gave me Zoloft. And assigned me playing with the dog & watching action movies as my therapy homework.

I can probably do that
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                      The pshrink gave me Zoloft. And assigned me playing with the dog & watching action movies as my therapy homework.

I can probably do that
                      I like the part about spending time with your baby. The movies, meh. If they help, that's really cool! I think it's been months since I've watched a real action movie. Monty Python at the Hollywood Bowl, I'm certain, doesn't qualify.

And hey, Perze! You got the same stuff I take! We're like siblings now!

-----------------------

Rant: 48. Damn.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I like the part about spending time with your baby. The movies, meh. If they help, that's really cool! I think it's been months since I've watched a real action movie. Monty Python at the Hollywood Bowl, I'm certain, doesn't qualify.
                        It's the distraction factor. I have atrocious taste in movies. I love big robots, fire, guns, shooting and things that go asplodey that normally wouldn't go asplodey. Big on collateral damage, low on plot or moral value. Man, when they flew the tank in The A-Team movie, it was like they did it just for me

Ooh, I have a drug-brother, lol. I'm just hoping it works without making me sick.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Try watching

-----------------------

Rant: 48. Damn.

Monty Python's "The Life Of Brian" Chain there's action in that! I put this in with my wife's selection of Christmas movies each year just to watch her roll her eye's.

Management doesn't get it, if you have me doing most of my time working the floor then I have much less time to repair things in the shop. Floor time = lower output on the bench. (Shakes head and mumbles under his breath)
                          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Gaaahhhhdammit. Apparently a realtor is coming over today with a potential buyer to look at the house at 4:30ish. It is currently 9:13 and I just got home from work a bit ago. I have to be up no later than 11 tonight for work again. I'd love to go to sleep right now, but there are people standing right outside my window, talking loudly and revving a motorcycle. Where are my bullets?
                            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                            -Erik Erikson

Comment

Springpad y u down?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Yeah, I'm a cynical, judgmental, bitchy, angry woman. At least I can admit my many, many faults.

I'm so effing sick of people pretending to be so full of light and intention that they refuse to see that they're entirely full of shit.

I hate them all and I won't be nice any longer.
                                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X