Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    First rule of food club. Never shop when hungry..
    I specifically waited until after lunch, AND I brought a tea in a mug with me.

It wouldn't be so bad, but I'm not supposed to eat wheat. And I nommed two cupcakes. After over a month of not having any wheat at all. So I already feel sick and bloated, because I'm an idiot.

Now there is four cupcakes left in the house, and I dunno what to do with them...

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      Now there is four cupcakes left in the house, and I dunno what to do with them...
      Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and throw them away.

Comment

I specifically waited until after lunch, AND I brought a tea in a mug with me.

It wouldn't be so bad, but I'm not supposed to eat wheat. And I nommed two cupcakes. After over a month of not having any wheat at all. So I already feel sick and bloated, because I'm an idiot.

I take them to the neighbors
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Consolation prize: my bf has Win8 as well, and it sucks balls. So...you're not alone.
          Why does everyone hate Windows 8? I don't understand OTL I personally love my windows 8. I like the format and design.

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
            Why does everyone hate Windows 8? I don't understand OTL I personally love my windows 8. I like the format and design.
            Most of the new OS have gaming issues when they come out. The way some people use their computers, just is not always in line with the lowest common denominator computer knowledge goal of the developers. That does'nt mean everyone will hate it, just people who rely on certain functionality, that may not be usable yet...
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

One big problem with any software be it an Os or any other is the attempt to make it do EVERYTHING. I have seen some browsers do this,and they become to involved. Mainly what an Os is for is simple and direct,but all the "Features" bog down the usefulness of the system. They want to be the Swiss Armey knife of the computing world.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I wish I knew how to get rid of my anxiety once and for all. It just doesn't make any kind of sense sometimes.
                [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                  I wish I knew how to get rid of my anxiety once and for all. It just doesn't make any kind of sense sometimes.
                  I would be anxious too if I were in the eyeteeth of a civil war. Try passion flower and valerian if you can get hold of them.
                  Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                  -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by WinterTraditions View Post
                    You want the list? Alright, I got the list.

It's not very functional for a PC owner who's used to... well, more functional. In the old days, you could shut the computer down with a couple clicks in pretty much the same small area that you started almost everything else from. The mousing was short, concise, neat. Everything was neatly packaged in one small area. Then if you didn't like that, you COULD relocate things to your desktop.

I find that 'desktop icon' users are the ones who like this the most. Us picklist users are SOL.

Win 8 isn't made for end-user convenience, it's made for the convenience of companies who want to buy your information and track you. It's one of the most invasive tracking platforms I've ever seen. I hate being tracked. "If you're not doing anything wrong it shouldn't bother you" is just crap. Having dirty underwear isn't wrong or illegal, but I don't like anyone seeing those, either. Some things are simply private and don't belong to anyone else.

I can't STAND the fact that I have been forced to use an old outdated email address that has been hacked like 40 times as my "primary" email on pretty much everything now. I am even forced to use it to log in on my computer before desktop... and all of my attempts to dislocate from this ancient, outdated email address has met with abysmal failure because MS is so infatuated with it that removing it borks everything. I do NOT want to have to operate EVERYTHING from a single email address that MS chose! For no apparent reason! I've tried changing it, but as soon as I did, the PC froze up and would do all of nothing. 5 restarts and a switch back later, and it finally works again. Suspicious? I think so!

Not to mention that, as a writer, a lot of what I research is misinterpreted by their stupid trackers. Hell, sometimes my research on other people's behalf is misinterpreted by it. At this point, MS and google both still think that I'm searching for a plastic surgeon to do trans-gender surgery. Nothing wrong with getting trans-gender surgery, but it's singularly unhelpful to have 5 ads a day touting it. Are they trying to tell me something?? Am I not womanly enough in my online endeavors??

It's not desktop-gamer friendly at all. I stuck with XP for a long time simply due to ease of accessing the many files that I need and want to change in order to game the way that I like. Win 8 is "multi-platform user" friendly, which is great for the multi-platform non-gamers. But MS sacrificed significantly in the ease-of-access and ease-of-use in order to dumb it down for the iphone/ipad crowd. My desktop should be desktop PC focused, not "ease of integration everywhere ELSE" focused. Integration is great, and very important, but it should be something that is done AFTER full desktop functionality has been established. They went about it all backwards. Integration is secondary, ease-of-use for the primary is... well, primary. Except in MS's little world.

They have made it very picky with the whole mousing business. If you don't hit JUST the right spot to get the start bubble, or JUST the right spot to get the right-side panel, you can spend a frustrating few minutes trying. It's like... seriously? The "pop up on mouseover" is NOT helpful. Give me a concrete place to click. Especially since this s*** keeps popping up when I DON'T want it and won't pop up when I DO want it. Let me turn it On or Off... none of this mouseover crap ON KEY COMMANDS ON MY PC. Please, beat the idiot who came up with this soundly about the head and shoulders with a wet noodle, and send him back to his cubicle with a stern reminder that KEY COMMANDS SHOULD NEVER BE MOUSEOVERS, and they shouldn't GET IN THE WAY, either.

A lot of things won't uninstall. They won't run. They won't uninstall, either! Yay??

It's slow. And by slow, I don't just mean that it's a little bit slower than XP. I mean, it is dead-boring slow. Pages take forever to load. Changing from one place to another means waiting and waiting as the seconds tick by... and tick by... and tick by. Like seriously?

The new IE won't load a lot of websites. Others can get on the same websites no problemo. But me on Win 8? Says "page cannot be found". Really? Like, seriously? It isn't just a "cannot display elements of this page" or things like that. No, it's "page cannot be found." The hell you say!

Never mind. I'm worn out now. That's the short list.

Comment

and that is why I always wait until someone else u-g first, I will never say, "Ok I will give it a try", not after my happy happy fun windows vista times...

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Clive View Post
                        I would be anxious too if I were in the eyeteeth of a civil war. Try passion flower and valerian if you can get hold of them.
                        Nope, that kind of thing doesn't make me anxious at all. I get more anxious when I have to go attend a conference where I'd have to register first. Make no damn sense!
                        [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                          Nope, that kind of thing doesn't make me anxious at all. I get more anxious when I have to go attend a conference where I'd have to register first. Make no damn sense!
                          Ah, understood. The herbs I mentioned will help curb anxiety regardless of its source, though.
                          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                          -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                            and that is why I always wait until someone else u-g first, I will never say, "Ok I will give it a try", not after my happy happy fun windows vista times...
                            I can't blame it on my husband, but he got it for me for Mother's Day. And I have been on XP for a long time and struggling a lot with certain games and stuff. So I [should have known better] thought that upgrading would make those games that are getting too advanced for XP run better. Like Minecraft, which was really struggling on my XP build.

Of course... not so much. And I'm not surprised, just beating MYSELF about the head and shoulders with a wet noodle.

Comment

Originally posted by SPhoenix View Post
                              I can't blame it on my husband, but he got it for me for Mother's Day. And I have been on XP for a long time and struggling a lot with certain games and stuff. So I [should have known better] thought that upgrading would make those games that are getting too advanced for XP run better. Like Minecraft, which was really struggling on my XP build.

Of course... not so much. And I'm not surprised, just beating MYSELF about the head and shoulders with a wet noodle.
                              Maybe you can downgrade to 7 without alot of trouble? I am having 0 issues with my games, and I do it way too much... I'm fairly pleased with the functionality of 7, there were a few minor annoyances, but nothing like what you have described below.

~Jim Butcher

Comment

All the things that people complain about, I'm having no issues with. I'm a writer myself and I do use plenty of programs on this computer (Such as Snowflake). I do play many different types of games, even those from say, Japan. They all work perfectly fine without a hitch. The whole "Mousing over the right side to get the pop-up is not a big deal, either. Mouse to the top right, and it pops up. It's not that inconvenient.

I have no issues accessing websites on IE, either. The only issue I had concerned Adobe Flash, but I fixed it within a few minutes of properly tinkering around with the controls xD

Comment

Working...
                                X