Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
    State of emergency declared for a month, and curfew from 7 PM till 6 AM.

Great times.
    Stay sharp, man.

Comment

Gave cousin headphones specifically so cousin would listen to awful music all night with headphones plugged in so I didn't have to hear before mentioned awful music on repeat all freaking night long. Cousin took headphones.

Cousin did not use headphones.

Same song has been on repeat for three hours.

Someone please get me some earplugs before I go in there and shake her or break that damn nook.
      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

The last few days have been stressful. I have to move my car (the broken one that has the motor shaking to the frame) from one side of the street to the other because of street sweepers.

My commute to work is 3 buses *though the first bus is exactly 3 minutes down the street*long and 2.5 hours in duration.

I have to figure out all the bus schedules so I can give my boss the exact hours I can work and hope he's ok with that. I don't want to lose any hours.

Two men were yelling up a storm and about to punch each other out while in line. I just kept yelling GENTLEMEN PLEASE STOP! over and over. I wanted to burn the store down today.

(on good news no fast food means I've lost 2 pounds) yay. Boo. Hiss hiss
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The little girls across the street started talking about the younger one's baptism. The older one kept saying she didn't mean to offend me if I was a different religion. I told her it was all good - But, I sure hope they aren't gonna invite me to this event. Then they asked all kinds of questions about Catholic baptism, etc., since they know I was raised Catholic.
          I just know that in a few years they're gonna be asking me stuff about boys. Why me? LOL
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

A crazy/insulting parental combination and a sinus infection/6-day migraine. Plus 11 days of work straight with a few internship shifts spliced in between. Joy. I am totally going on a tea spending spree when I get paid...

Comment

If I have my headphones on, please don't try to start (and continue) a conversation with me on the bus. I hate to look like a bitch. But if I say 'Sorry, couldn't hear you, I'm listening to a podcast on these here thingamajiggies called headphones' then that probably means I'M LISTENING TO MY HEADPHONES!

Comment

Why is there so much bickering on PF lately?

Gonna put this in rants rather than having to touch the thread again.

I think the conversation has reached the closest to a conclusion it can now. The OP has discussed their feelings and will continue to deal with them in their own way. Maybe we helped, maybe not, but we tried and that's what counts. Sometimes I think people post things with a particular response in mind and when that response doesn't come, they will keep trying and trying to elicit that response. It can make those who posted well-thought out and possibly time consuming replies, to feel a bit.. well, rejected maybe, but it's rarely the OP's intention to come across this way. It's more a case of crossed wires, or crossed intentions.

I too was slightly taken aback when I was replied to with 'I'm not a fluffy', despite me never making that suggestion, but I appologised and then chose not to add any more opinions to the conversation, as I decided there was nothing I could say that the OP would find useful. However, I don't think any less of them over this and will gladly engage with them in other threads over topics we maybe can share ideas about.

At the end of the the day, we all say and do strange things online from time to time. It doesn't make us bad people, just poor writers. I know I've made many faux pas on the Net, and even on this forum, and I'd like to think the people I got tangled up with don't still hold a grudge. If I expect, or hope, that others will show me some compassion and understanding when I am irrational, snappy, immature.. always going on about Japanese (^.^), then I think I should also give others the benefit of the doubt until I have a real cause not to. That means, simply walking away and not attacking people when I feel they aren't giving me the reactions I hoped for.

If someone appears to have rejected or challenged your advice or opinions, then why waste any more of your precious time on that subject? Can't you just be the mature one and ignore the thread? If you notice they behave like that other threads, then if you must, ignore the person. You can even block people on PF if they bother you so much. I won't lie, there have been a few members on this forum who I wouldn't touch with a barge-poll for exactly this reason: because I felt all they wanted to do was insult other members and draw people into arguments. It doesn't have to keep turning into personal attacks, and while I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, it only takes a moment to step back and ask yourself, 'what will people really think of me when they read this, and do I really want to be that person?'

Sorry for the rant. I deliberately didn't want to put this in the thread itself because that would probably just ignite things more. Besides, I think Medusa did a better job of banging heads together than I ever could! ^^ (I wanted to UP your post, but it would be like p*ssing in the ocean to reduce it's salinity).
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Although for a few posts there I joined in on the bickering. I try to stay reserved, and I don't get offended nor intend to offend. But I do agree that recently there has been an influx of bickering and arguing on a few specific threads. I know exactly why its happening, a lot of it has to do with certain users having their own opinions and getting mad when others dont agree with them, and then wording their responses and posts very venomously to urge responses from people.

I take it in stride. Thats why I'm on these forums, to enjoy myself. When I stop enjoying it, I'm gone.
                  White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                  And planted firm Britannia's flag
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  And joined in love together,
                  The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Oh please let that thread die. I'm about to go walk on my grass just to spite people.

Comment

I have a weird feeling there will be one more post.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                        Besides, I think Medusa did a better job of banging heads together than I ever could! ^^ (I wanted to UP your post, but it would be like p*ssing in the ocean to reduce it's salinity).
                        Medusa's rep is largely an in-joke. Her actual earned rep is higher than mine most likely but she enjoys being infamous and staff can set rep by decree when it suits us instead of using the normal +/- option so Juni set her so far down that getting it back to green requires an act of mod or a dedicated campaign by most of the board. Lets us give +s for her better posts without detracting from her infamous status.
                        Life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                          Medusa's rep is largely an in-joke. Her actual earned rep is higher than mine most likely but she enjoys being infamous and staff can set rep by decree when it suits us instead of using the normal +/- option so Juni set her so far down that getting it back to green requires an act of mod or a dedicated campaign by most of the board. Lets us give +s for her better posts without detracting from her infamous status.
                          Yeah I was confused about that for a long time, then I asked her and it all made sense. It was weird because I never seen her make a bad or nasty post.
                          sigpic
                          In Days of yore,
                          From Britain's shore
                          On Canada's fair domain.
                          Here may it wave,
                          Our boast, our pride
                          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                            Yeah I was confused about that for a long time, then I asked her and it all made sense. It was weird because I never seen her make a bad or nasty post.
                            Oh, just wait. Eventually you will. And they are epic.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              Yeah, I was online the day it happened and remarked that it looked a lot like a cross-section of colon. I still see a colon whenever I look at it. It really suits her.. not the colon, I mean, the fake bad rep. Juni has mentioned before (or I think it was Juni), that we really couldn't do any harm to it's appearance by giving her likes, but still.. I wonder if there's really much point. ^^
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                                Oh, just wait. Eventually you will. And they are epic.
                                Well, I've seen her make a few blunt and realistic posts. But she usually only does it when it needs to be done.
                                sigpic
                                In Days of yore,
                                From Britain's shore
                                On Canada's fair domain.
                                Here may it wave,
                                Our boast, our pride
                                The Maple Leaf Forever.