X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    I can imagine Medusa saying this. With her most beautiful smile
    Lol. I chastised a man today for not buying a warranty when we told him to 2 years ago. Gave him a good yelling at for 10 minutes. Then sold him another power washer and a $35 warranty.

We get commissions for each one we sell!

So my boss is like yeah, I saw you yelling at him. And I walked away giggling.

This is why I love my job. I get to yell at mean men and get paid to do it. AND my bosses are totally ok with it!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Lol. I chastised a man today for not buying a warranty when we told him to 2 years ago. Gave him a good yelling at for 10 minutes. Then sold him another power washer and a $35 warranty.

We get commissions for each one we sell!

So my boss is like yeah, I saw you yelling at him. And I walked away giggling.

This is why I love my job. I get to yell at mean men and get paid to do it. AND my bosses are totally ok with it!
      Sounds sweet. Clearly I'm in the wrong field
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Speaking of work, I'm sick of it.

A few weeks ago, they assigned this dude (who is generally a swell guy) to be our 'task manager' aka 'tell us the eff what to do'. And...he's not any good at it. I've spent two weeks being bossed around, day in and day out, being told things like "I told you to stay upstairs, I don't care if you want a drink of water" and the such. Well, today, I was downstairs using the washroom, and he came storming down there, and said "how many times do I have to tell you, get the eff upstairs and STAY there!" ...and when I told him he wasn't the boss of me, he said that he was, and that he has been for a long time.

You're a 24 year old kid. I swear to god I'm going to punch you in the face and then quit.

I mentioned it briefly to my boss, and told him I'd be coming in tomorrow on my day off to talk to him about it, because I'm unhappy with my job, and said we need to talk about it. Basically, if this kid keeps mouthing me off, I'm going to quit. And I'm going to tell my boss that.

Mostly art.

Comment

My lunch break isn't long enough. I don't know why I even bother trying to check PF at lunch...

Not really a rant but eh.

Comment

Vicodin sweats.

No. I did not piss myself in my sleep.

This is not a fair price to pay in order to get a smidgeon of shut-eye.

Well. No, it probably *is* a fair price but having to wash 2 loads, bedding and pj's, thereby needing even more pain relievers, to mess up even more laundry, and wash more, take more pills, soak more sheets, wash more....

Grrrr.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My partner is on disability now, after a car accident.

He will be out indefinitely. I am not getting a replacement partner. Hello, ENDLESS PAPERWORK ALL BY MYSELF.

You know in all those movies, where the detective "works alone"? Those are ALL BULLSHIT. Working alone is like trying to swim while you're hog-tied.

Comment

Originally posted by Luce View Post
                My partner is on disability now, after a car accident.

He will be out indefinitely. I am not getting a replacement partner. Hello, ENDLESS PAPERWORK ALL BY MYSELF.

You know in all those movies, where the detective "works alone"? Those are ALL BULLSHIT. Working alone is like trying to swim while you're hog-tied.
                ouch......
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  ouch......
                  He'll be fine. Busted his legs. But that's at LEAST 14 weeks off the street.

Comment

I'm an utterly terrible person. I was responding to the extra paperwork...

It is good to know he'll be fine though.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Oh, yeah, lol. I wouldn't worry about it. He's an asshat. On the other hand, so am I.
                      If I were a better person, I'd think about arguing the point. Unfortunately for all, I'm not a better person.

Comment

I'm an utterly terrible person. I was responding to the extra paperwork...

It is good to know he'll be fine though.
                        Oh, yeah, lol. I wouldn't worry about it. He's an asshat. On the other hand, so am I.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the new girl thinks I'm crazy. She'll learn. This is Tucson...Crazy isn't optional.

Comment

If I were a better person, I'd think about arguing the point. Unfortunately for all, I'm not a better person.
                          No worries. You have to be a bit of an asshat to do this job. Not complaining, it's really a good fit for me.

Comment

heh, that was an odd forum hiccup.

Mandatory insanity is always nice though.

Comment

heh, that was an odd forum hiccup.

Mandatory insanity is always nice though.
                              I believe I have mentioned that I take naps down in the morgue. It's quiet, and the coroner doesn't mind.

This seems to utterly freak the new girl out. Why? If zombiepocalypse happens, I'll never know it. And if not, who's gonna complain about me taking up a gurney?

Comment

I believe I have mentioned that I take naps down in the morgue. It's quiet, and the coroner doesn't mind.

This seems to utterly freak the new girl out. Why? If zombiepocalypse happens, I'll never know it. And if not, who's gonna complain about me taking up a gurney?
                                I approve of half of this statement and don't worry about the other half (zombies are not a sufficiently entertaining doomsday scenario, bad things happen to entities that try and take away my pizza supply without providing entertainment :cthulhu: )

Comment

Working...
                                X