THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

On a side note, I've always wanted to piss myself to see what it feels like.....
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

In the bigger of the two camps this rotation. My shitty "Oh look at us, we get our own rooms with TV's in it" room isn't big enough for me to do yoga in. My arms touch the bed and the wall, before they are spread out.

I miss my tent camp.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        In the bigger of the two camps this rotation. My shitty "Oh look at us, we get our own rooms with TV's in it" room isn't big enough for me to do yoga in. My arms touch the bed and the wall, before they are spread out.

I miss my tent camp.
        How is it going otherwise?
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

So much to do for this damned exhibition and now enough time! And what am I doing?
          Sitting on pf and facebook... Ah, procrastination thou art a heartless mistress! x
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

A couple of nights ago, I had a nightmare that I missed a deadline weeks ago and forgot about it until now. Now, the actual deadline is approaching. I'm almost done, but I'm not really happy with how it's going. It's a deadline for a first draft, but still....

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
              On a side note, I've always wanted to piss myself to see what it feels like.....
              Highly uncomfortable, I imagine.

Comment

get to my girlfriend's college, find I left my charger at home...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                wet and warm, then wet and cold.
                hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I am so uncomfortable when people I don't know come talk to me to and try to make me join activity and want to shake my hand. It is very uncomfortable to be conversed with so familiarly
                  Circe

Comment

I had to tell off the DHL guy today, and I feel bad. When you're not home, the courier or postman either leaves your package with a neighbour, with a nearby local business, or takes it back to the post office. They do it in that order too....first they check the neighbours, and if no one is home, they ask the businesses, and if they don't have space for it, they take it to the post office. At some point, they've ALL figured out that I'm home in the day, which means that I get my doorbell rung several times a day. Now, there are four types of people who are home in their PJs at 11 am in the morning: the unemployed, stay-at-home parents, retirees, and the self-employed. I am the latter. I am not here loading the dishwasher or watching tv. I am WORKING. I have freedom to get up and move around during my work, but that doesn't mean that I like to be interrupted while I'm in the middle of writing down a thought (I might lose it!) I LIKE working from home BECAUSE I have fewer interruptions. It's a huge reason why I'm strongly considering freelancing for the rest of my career and accepting the insecurity and high social security costs that go with it.

Now, I don't mind taking a neighbour's package if I'm receiving one for myself or my boyfriend. When we order stuff, I generally anticipate the interruption, because I asked for it. But today, that didn't happen. The DHL guy rang my bell and asked me to take packages for TWO different neighbours, which not only interrupts me now, it interrupts me TWICE when they come to pick it up. I just flat-out told him that I don't really think that's cool. I explained that I work from home, and that I'm happy to take on packages when I have something coming, but I hate getting my bell run and my work interrupted all the time for other people. If it was just once a week, it would be fine, but it's all the effing time. Also, the trash collectors, people who drop off flyers, people who check on things in the building ALL seem to know I'm at home.

I think I'm going to ask my boyfriend to notify me each and every time he is expecting a package (he orders stuff off the internet a lot) and just not answer the door unless we're personally expecting things. This building has a few stay-at-home parents and some retirees.

Comment

Late night TV commercials(This it seems is when the snake oil comes out). Some of these things are so much BS that I just want to scream,do you think people are that stupid? I know they pay to put that stuff on,but some of them are border line con jobs. I wonder sometimes if the TV people have any Moral qualms(I would imagine they should screen them before allowing them on). So I rant about their absolute BS claims of curing all sorts of pain,or the instant weight loss claims that are pure flimflam.
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        I had to tell off the DHL guy today, and I feel bad. When you're not home, the courier or postman either leaves your package with a neighbour, with a nearby local business, or takes it back to the post office. They do it in that order too....first they check the neighbours, and if no one is home, they ask the businesses, and if they don't have space for it, they take it to the post office. At some point, they've ALL figured out that I'm home in the day, which means that I get my doorbell rung several times a day. Now, there are four types of people who are home in their PJs at 11 am in the morning: the unemployed, stay-at-home parents, retirees, and the self-employed. I am the latter. I am not here loading the dishwasher or watching tv. I am WORKING. I have freedom to get up and move around during my work, but that doesn't mean that I like to be interrupted while I'm in the middle of writing down a thought (I might lose it!) I LIKE working from home BECAUSE I have fewer interruptions. It's a huge reason why I'm strongly considering freelancing for the rest of my career and accepting the insecurity and high social security costs that go with it.

Now, I don't mind taking a neighbour's package if I'm receiving one for myself or my boyfriend. When we order stuff, I generally anticipate the interruption, because I asked for it. But today, that didn't happen. The DHL guy rang my bell and asked me to take packages for TWO different neighbours, which not only interrupts me now, it interrupts me TWICE when they come to pick it up. I just flat-out told him that I don't really think that's cool. I explained that I work from home, and that I'm happy to take on packages when I have something coming, but I hate getting my bell run and my work interrupted all the time for other people. If it was just once a week, it would be fine, but it's all the effing time. Also, the trash collectors, people who drop off flyers, people who check on things in the building ALL seem to know I'm at home.

I think I'm going to ask my boyfriend to notify me each and every time he is expecting a package (he orders stuff off the internet a lot) and just not answer the door unless we're personally expecting things. This building has a few stay-at-home parents and some retirees.
                        You are a lot nicer than me. I'd refuse holding anyone's packages (unless they are a good friend) and would totally get ticked off if I found out that the delivery company was giving my package to other people.
                        I just don't trust people that much.
                        Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Late night TV commercials(This it seems is when the snake oil comes out). Some of these things are so much BS that I just want to scream,do you think people are that stupid? I know they pay to put that stuff on,but some of them are border line con jobs. I wonder sometimes if the TV people have any Moral qualms(I would imagine they should screen them before allowing them on). So I rant about their absolute BS claims of curing all sorts of pain,or the instant weight loss claims that are pure flimflam.
                          "But wait! The first 100 people to call will get not one, but TWO for the same price! CALL NOW to avoid disappointment and future regret!" LMAO!!!!
                          The commercials on TVG (the horseracing network) kill me - it's all Joe Theismann and his miracle prostate cure, or some basketball guy whose name escapes me pitching a testosterone supplement.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                            That sucks so much. Do you have any empty bottles handy?

((hugs))
                            Actually? I still have a plastic urinal from my wheelchair days.

I didn't use it, though. Brian helped me get to the bathroom and then waited to help get me back to bed. Which is way awkward, in itself, too. But at least I don't need help dropping my drawers or lifting my willy to aim.

But I'm too young for this nonsense! I'm 47, not 97!

I tell ya all, this big ol' get together, next year, is going to be really, really, interesting.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I hate everything about myself today.

Comment

I am so underprepared for this art show! I feel so freaked out in case I make a mess of it!
                                Arg. :-(
                                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
                                X