THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I just hacked up a hedgehog. This is awesome....if you enjoy mucus.

Right now, I'd just really like to be able to breathe out of some orifice or another. Maybe a tracheotomy. Whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      My husband wears size 16, apparently that is the wrong size for shoes, buying him shoes requires the internet and a pike of money for buying and returning.... We can't even usually find him socks that fit...

People who make shoes, (and frankly clothing in general,) seem to be unaware that everyone is not built to fit within a specific size category or shape... friggin clothing people....
      I know, because I wear an odd size, that size 13 is the largest that normal shoe stores stock. And, the standard width (D) is the only width that they keep in stock (with the exception of western wear stores, and Johnston & Murphy: the former occasionally having some variety in widths, and the latter tending toward narrow widths... thankfully for me)

My foot stopped growing in 6th grade... wearing a size 13 in 6th grade kinda panicked my parents, since 13 is the biggest shoe you can get without special ordering. As difficult as a 13B is to find, I'm SO glad that I stopped at 13.

(believe it or not, I have a pair of Nike's from 6th grade that I still wear occasionally... it occurs to me, now, that they are 20 years old... I've had them for more than 2/3 of my life).
      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post

(believe it or not, I have a pair of Nike's from 6th grade that I still wear occasionally... it occurs to me, now, that they are 20 years old... I've had them for more than 2/3 of my life).
        Holy. ...how? My shoes at BEST last me two-three years, tops, before I totally wear them right out. And I don't buy cheap shoes. The only shoes I own that I've had for longer than 2 years is my italian suede boots, and that's because I only wear them for special occasions. Everything else though....3 years max.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
          I feel like I have spent the last six years of my life looking for shoes. I have really fat ankles but my feet aren't long enough to make up how wide they are, and so they just don't freaking make shoes for me, and I have no idea how to deal with this. I've just worn flip-flops year round for years, but now with plantar fasciitis, I'm forced to find shoes that have arch support, which wouldn't be so bad, but I can't freaking reach my feet anymore!! I won't be able to tie my tennis shoes until after this baby is born!

So today, I did what I always end up doing: I stood around at the shoe store, trying on everything that's not high heels, failed to get my feet into ANYTHING, then turned around and found some ugly, heavy men's shoes that only kinda fit, and took them home even though I hated them.

It's depressing as hell.

I'm a bit late in this, but my mom has super wide feet (E width, I think). She can't find shoes in most of Canada, but there are a few affordable options. Look out for German brands. More Germans have wide feet (they must...the availability is WAY higher here than anywhere else, and the selection in Germany for most products is much smaller than everything else...if people didn't buy them, they wouldn't be here. I can't find shoes easily here because I have small feet, for example).

Look out for a brand called Marc (not Marc Jacobs!) My mom loves them.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            Holy. ...how? My shoes at BEST last me two-three years, tops, before I totally wear them right out. And I don't buy cheap shoes. The only shoes I own that I've had for longer than 2 years is my italian suede boots, and that's because I only wear them for special occasions. Everything else though....3 years max.
            I wear them very rarely.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

I ordered pizza. They forgot the jalapenos. They are sending another one.
              Grrrrr....
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                I ordered pizza. They forgot the jalapenos. They are sending another one.
                Grrrrr....
                mail me the other pizza! I'll put my own jalapeno's on it!

Mostly art.

Comment

My friend just texted me. Our good friend's father (she's a bi polar mess, but we love her) just committed suicide. I don't even know what to do at this point. We are going to watch her. Because she's prone to bouts of rash decisions without thinking. My heart just goes out to her. All of us are now talking to each other to come up with some sort of plan on what to do.

Comment

My friend just texted me. Our good friend's father (she's a bi polar mess, but we love her) just committed suicide. I don't even know what to do at this point. We are going to watch her. Because she's prone to bouts of rash decisions without thinking. My heart just goes out to her. All of us are now talking to each other to come up with some sort of plan on what to do.
                    Oh no .... I'll be praying... I hope she stays safe. Take care...
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Holy shit. Maybe just go over and..hang out? No suicide talk, no blubbering unless she's blubbering... with some popcorn or something? I have no idea. I'm useless.

I'm sorry your friend is going through this.
                      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Sorry to hear this......
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Oh, holy cats! My heart goes out to her, too, and I've no idea who she is.

This is going to make time crawl, now.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Thanks guys. We don't want to all surround her. I know how that can freak people out. We are there for her. And one friend is talking with her now. We might rotate. She's just had such a crappy time this year. Makes my lonely little life over here feel not so bad. At least all the people I love are already dead. :=I:

Comment

My heart goes out to her. Try not to make too much of a plan, if she feels herded she may react badly. Just react calmly as you need to and be as nearby as possible, within hugging distance is good. Watching= also good. Right now I just imagine she feels alone, and I think that's what she will need help dealing with.
                              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Oh wow, Medusa, that sounds like a rough situation. Sending good vibes your way.
                                I hope your friend pulls through. Good on you for supporting her and showing her you care.

Comment

Working...
                                X