Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
    Sometimes, being single for a while is awesome. I think it helps to have a good relationship with yourself before you can have one with someone else

I was pretty much totally single until I was 28. I just dated a bunch of crappy guys who didn't really want to commit and had a long distance flirtation that went on wayyy too long before that. I always wondered if I would ever meet anyone, but in hindsight, all that time alone did me a lot of good, if that means anything.
    Thanks, Danie. That actually does make me feel better. I suppose it might be best to get comfortable with my loneliness. I do enjoy the freedom and self discovery that comes along with being single. There's a lot more to life than relationships, after all, and heartbreak fades eventually.

Comment

I hate office politics. I hate living in modern society. I really just want my wife and I to be crazy cat people hermits - with maybe some goats and chickens, and perhaps also alpacas...

Comment

Banks. I called to cancel an automatic digital check withdrawal that's on my account monthly. Pretty much I'm too poor to pay my credit collector any more. That's another rant I don't even need to rant about. They were nice. Said don't pay. That it would go to judgement. And they would go against my property etc. I laughed. And laughed. And laughed. I rent a room. I have no car. I am on food stamps. When and if my court date shows up, I'm going in looking like an oakie from miskokie. Lol.

Anyways the lady can stop the expected check with a stop payment fee. I explain there is no check to stop. Just make it so no one has authority to take money out of my account. If you can't do that, close my damn account. She says we can put on a timed stop payment type thing. I say I want one till the end of time. I tell her go for 2098,2024 etc. She says she can't because there is no money in the account that equals to the stop. I laugh and get angry. CLOSE MY ACCOUNT IF YOU CANNOT MAKE IT THAT ITS ONLY ME ALLOWED TO USE IT.
        Well the cc collection did say they would not do any more auto checks from my account. So I should trust them, right? FUCK NO!

So she said don't close the account. If they do pull it out, we can call it fraud. I will note on your account you had them stop today. And what proof do I need? Oh just your word. You are OUR customer, not them!

If I'm your customer, how come you can't make me the only one able to use my account?

I'm calling a time out. I'm going to see what happens next month. Then shit will hit every fan.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^Been there. Not very long ago, even.

With a twist, though. The stop payment cost 35 bucks. The withdrawal was going to be $12. I told them, to hell with it. Let the withdrawal go through. It's cheaper to take THAT loss, instead.

3 weeks later, I get a check in the mail for $12. Refunding the withdrawal. Meager deposit.

But now I still owe $16 more for the $28 OD fee. Hmm. And I'm still out that other 12 bucks! Really?? This system is hacked.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
            Thanks, Danie. That actually does make me feel better. I suppose it might be best to get comfortable with my loneliness. I do enjoy the freedom and self discovery that comes along with being single. There's a lot more to life than relationships, after all, and heartbreak fades eventually.
            There are a lot of good parts to being single as well. Even though I love my boyfriend very much, there are some things I actually miss about being single, like traveling alone (I like traveling with my boyfriend, but he loves to plan -everything- and I like to just hop on a train and see what happens), watching musicals and trashy TV shows without judgement, and not getting woken up by his snooze button 5 times at 5 am in the morning.

Comment

Yeah so screw cops. I was arrested last night for walking home from the bar. I wasnt even doing anything but walking. Nothing stupid or crazy. This cop pulls up and stops me. So he told me he cant let me walk intoxicated so I said well give me a ride. So he did give me a ride. To jail. So this morning after being released I had to walk 9 miles back to where I live and go pick up my car from the bar.

I wasnt even charged with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                There are a lot of good parts to being single as well. Even though I love my boyfriend very much, there are some things I actually miss about being single, like traveling alone (I like traveling with my boyfriend, but he loves to plan -everything- and I like to just hop on a train and see what happens), watching musicals and trashy TV shows without judgement, and not getting woken up by his snooze button 5 times at 5 am in the morning.
                All very excellent points

Comment

At 3ish "We may extend your shift."
                  At 3:15ish "we aren't extending your shift"
                  At 4:50ish "you're being extended till 10 PM"

Because we couldn't call in more than one person when we called in more closing staff today, really...
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I just solved my mother's computer issues by updating the BIOS, making sure the windows updates completed and cleaning out the insides (we're talking dust bunnies clogging up the fans).... while Geek Squad told her that she can send it in for service for $89.00 just to get looked at and probably need to pay for a CPU fan replace for $$$ but that she'd be better off buying a new computer instead. WTF is wrong with these people? It took me minimal effort to figure this out. Really, I did a Google search and some instruction following that averaged out maybe an hour, including the cleaning which involved taking off the back cover AND I'M NOT EVEN A COMPUTER EXPERT. I have very (read: nearly non-existent) faith in Geek Squad after this and they were already running pretty low before. Either they have their head up their ass or are taking advantage of non-computer savvy folks. Pisses me off.
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Juni, they are taking advantage of non computer savy folks....
                      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

They're taking advantage :/ ... Yeah....
                        hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

I think it's both. Taking advantage whilst having their head up their ass.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

70 and sunny yeasterday freakin snowin' right now.

Comment

Burping tuna breath.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

My friend is back with her abusive tweaker boyfriend. The one who tried to strangle her to death and gave her two black eyes. Because "HE LOVES ME." He's kind of the biggest douche in town. Everyone hates him, and for good reason. Not only is he a narcissistic, lying, thieving, man whoring son of a gun, he also likes beating small, defenseless women. My friend weighs in at a grand 90-something pounds. She's even tinier than me. He's beaten her before, he'll do it again. He'll threaten to fight dudes, but he won't go through with it unless they are
                                A) Way, way smaller than he is.
                                B) Currently incapacitated for one reason or another
                                I feel so frustrated with her and scared for her. God. What the hell is she doing?! But even more so, I feel like I'd like to use his face as a door stop for a revolving door.
                                How is this scumbag still getting laid?!! Why does he even exist?!!

Comment

Working...
                                X