THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

A mod can move a post if appropriate or you can edit yourself within about 5 minutes of posting it. Within an hour of posting and provided that no one else has posted since you, you can make a new post and when the site automerges it with your previous post, you'll gain the ability to edit the original text. Normal users can't edit after the 5 minute window without using the automerge loophole and only staff can move, hide or delete posts.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I gave a massage as an interview today and have absolutely no idea if this lady liked it or not. I hate being made to wait, hate not knowing. If you didn't like it, why not just say something?! You asked for the full body in 60 minutes, that's a damned Swedish massage without much time for any specific work anywhere once you break the body down into parts and then front and back!

-_-
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I despise writing psuedocode even if it is very useful to have.
        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

I regret registering for a morning class so much.

I. Can't. Sleep.

Maybe it's time to just throw in the towel and accept that I'm a night owl.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post

I. Can't. Sleep.

I am a night owl too
            Unfortunately,I start learning at 7:45 am 5 times a week :ffff:
            So I must wake up early (6.10 am) in order to arrive to school on time.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I've only been at work three hours and I've reached murderous rampage level anger. This will be a very long day...

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post

I. Can't. Sleep.

I had a dream you had cancer. :/

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I had a dream that *I* had cancer last night... and my friend was reading about cancer last night apparently... wth?

-Valhalla

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    Well, that is unsettling considering that this is the day after the third anniversary of my close friend, Michael's, death. I've been a bit of a wreck about it, honestly. I think it's been contributing to my insomnia an awful lot. I can't even sleep very well during the day. I also made a really huge mess of my room under the pretense of "cleaning it". This was before my friend Emily reminded me of the Deathaversary. The funny thing is, the day before Michael died I did a huge room cleaning. Maybe this was my unconscious way of trying to protect everyone else from death and feel in control. I dunno. Also, the morning of the anniversary this poster I've had solidly on my wall for years just fell. The right tack somehow popped right out. It's sill hanging lob-sidedly from the wall. Michael died from a falling accident. I skipped my first period class to try and get some more sleep today, but I couldn't get any, as is clear by the fact that I'm typing this right now, haha.
                    I'm hoping I can get it together soon. I'm sure things will get less crazy as this date gets further away. This is a hard time of year for a lot of people.

But medically I'm just fine and have no symptoms of cancer, Vol, don't worry about that <3 I'm sorry you had a nasty dream like that. My bodily areas are doing just fine, pinkie promise.
                    Last edited by iflewoverthecuckoosnest; 20 Feb 2014, 08:39.

Comment

Most gas stations have a few pumps that serve both gasoline and diesel, while the rest of the pumps (usually the majority of the pumps) serve only gasoline.

WHY when I need to fuel up a truck (Peterbilt or Mack), drill rig, or other equipment, do I ALWAYS find myself waiting in line because all of the diesel pumps are occupied by gasoline vehicles, while the gas pumps are all empty?

I can understand using those pumps if the others are taken... but why in the hell do people seem to make a beeline for those pumps unnecessarily?

Today, I was at a station that had 8 pumps that serve gasoline only, and 2 pumps that serve both diesel and gasoline. The diesel pumps were set off to the side in a location that made it obvious that they were intended for trucks to have room to get in and out of the bays... thus they were also further away from the store, and thus more inconvenient to use... all 8 of the gasoline pumps were unoccupied... but there was a LINE waiting to use the pumps that serve both... a minivan and two mustangs and me... As the mustang in front of me pulled up to the pump, then the driver got out of the car, went in the store, piddled around for a while, then came back out and started pumping his gas, I was fuming.

When he came back, I asked him, "hey, that car burn a lot of diesel?"

He looked at me like I was retarded, and said, "Mustangs all have gasoline engines."

So I asked him why he felt it necessary to use the diesel pump, making me wait, when he could have gone to one of the other pumps, and we both could fill at the same time.

He just chuckled.

I am so damn tired of inconsiderate people.

I swear, damn near every time I need diesel, the diesel pumps are blocked or being used by non-diesel vehicles... it is getting old.
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Ok, first. No one dream about me unless it involves Wolverine!

Second. It's my day off. And I wake up at 6am. WTF?
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

S.N.O.W.

So Nearly Obscenely White. And wet. And heavy. And my truck is stuck IN it. In the driveway. The damn storm has only just started rolling.

This is where I bitch about feeling, or being, helpless, or pretty much worthless. I can't do a damn thing to get the Durango UN-stuck. FML!

What little I did, like walk back to the house in merely 6 inches of snow, from the previous snowfall and what's fallen this afternoon, has me drenched, in pain, and trying not to bawl. Gah!!!!

In other news, seems I suddenly have an appointment next week to see my doctor because I apparently displayed some symptoms - being rude and extremely vulgar - that were WAY out of character.

Wait, what?! Like I reached a whole new level of crude and lascivious?? No. Just the SSDD stuff I already do but this time it wasn't received well.

Uh... Duh! Who are you and what did you do with ma?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
                            I hate people who quit on zero notice from jobs. Seriously. People who do this annoy the hell out of me-and mostly because I'm the one who gets stuck last minute covering every single one of their shifts until they manage to hire someone else to replace the people who can't hack it.
                            I had to do this the other day, and I felt horrible about it.... The job forced me to do it, but the employees did not deserve it. I spent WEEKS with 0-8 hours a week. I got an interview for a new job and suddenly I get 16 hours a week... which I can work around if I get this new job, which I got. It is going to be full time, but the store has not opened and we are still trying to get the store ready. As soon as I found out I was working a new job and needed at least 30 hours a week, my manager at the original job schedules me for 40 hours, and says that will now be normal for me for a while, AFTER I told her I needed to remain around 8-16 hours a week, until I had a permanent schedule for her to work around. She did not do that, and then told me that I didn't tell her anything... Sometimes it is not the fault of the person who quit, I couldn't count on the old job too provide hours, because I had seen them fail to do that, I had to choose, and I chose the new job.... I still felt bad about my former co-workers, but my boss had to know it was going to happen, she absolutely must have known I would have chosen the other job... friggin weeks with no hours, then sudden massive switch, and just expect me to pick it up? she can suck it...

but yeah, sometimes, people get screwed because one person wants to be an asshat....
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I've quit without warning once. I should probably feel bad about that but mostly I feel bad for taking the position in the first place and not dropping it the instant I knew that I had another position I wanted more. The company in question and I have slightly differing opinions on their legal obligations and as their training manager so kindly pointed out individual employees are replaceable. Exempting that c-f, I've only left positions when either

1) the position was temporary to begin with and the funding ran out or
                              2) with a couple weeks warning when I was replacing that job

EDIT: Forgot, the exception of a store closing but since I stayed with it till it closed and did some work for the owners after it closed, I'm hard pressed to call that a case of me leaving the position.

Comment

I quit one job without notice. It was a tiny company and the dictator/owner was a crazy person. I knew he'd make my last week or two more hellish than normal if given the chance, so I left my key and a note. I was there about two years and it was probably the worst time of my life.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X