THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Why do bus stop benches have to be so damned cold? It's not even a very cold day. Yet my butt is sitting on ice.

*frowny face*

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      So and old geezer and his lovely wife came in during our parking lot sale. It's like Christmas crammed into 3 days. It's nuts. We have a bin that says $1.00 items. It always has misc nuts and bolts from when customers return stuff or open packages. We just throw it all into a little bin and sell them individually. We do this every.single.day.

Man brings the whole bin up. Wants the whole bin (with like 30 pieces in it) for $1. I explain no, that it's each item. He yells at me. That's not what it says! I say yes, it says that. He says YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG!!!

So I snap. Look. I work here. I know how it works. You are wrong. And I don't got time for you. NEXT!
      He wants to talk to the manager (who slyly slipped away smiling) and I'm like go to him! And he waits and he waits. Because you know, we have a line to the back of the store and curbing around. No lie. And he's like I WANT TO MAKE A POINT!!

He left. F him. Hope he gets a stroke. For realz.
      This made me lol, because it's not just me who gets these customers! haha I swear there's been something in the air the last few months that makes people think... less? o.0

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
        This made me lol, because it's not just me who gets these customers! haha I swear there's been something in the air the last few months that makes people think... less? o.0
        On a daily basis someone is telling me the correct price on something. The return policy. The hours of our store. The correct procedure on this or that. I'm like do YOU work here? Because my name tag says I work here. Sooo I should know that coupon is expired mother trucker!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I hate waking up early during holiday...
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            On a daily basis someone is telling me the correct price on something. The return policy. The hours of our store. The correct procedure on this or that. I'm like do YOU work here? Because my name tag says I work here. Sooo I should know that coupon is expired mother trucker!
            Lol, no kidding. Lately we've been getting told how we should be pricing things and how we should be organizing them (i.e. which part of the store said item should go to).

We've been getting some weird... not-all-there-mentally behaviors. People who want to take the item out to their car before purchasing it, without leaving collateral and then getting mad when we refuse that request; weird complaints about how we're undercharging people or how our computer's math must be wrong. Just... weird.

Comment

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

My brother-in-law is getting married on Thursday and we decided to give homemade gifts. We were on vacation in a place that is known for its high quality wool fabric, so we decided to give some decorative throw pillows as a gift. Well, I started chipping away at them last week (we haven't been back all that long) and decided to finish them today. But then my sewing machine blew out. I'm not sure if it's the heat or what, but I heard an electrical popping sound and then smoke started pouring out of the thing! Why does this always happen to me when I'm sewing gifts???

I don't really know what to do. I'm trying to find a machine I can borrow before Thursday so I can sew. It's really tough too because I had a good block of time today to sew and am busy next week

I've only had this machine for 6 months. The electrical component blew out of my last one as well and I replaced it. It's a second hand machine and it's the same model as the last one, but it's NOT a bad machine...I know other people who have the same model who have zero problems and it has rave reviews online. WHY ME???????????? And why twice?

Comment

It's the last week of school and I get sick. Do these pathogens not know how much crap I need to do?
                Circe

Comment

Why is she so crazy? o.0 It can't be that hard to look at how your behavior affects the ones around you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    WHY ME???????????? And why twice?
                    Just a thought but have you had both machines in the same electrical socket? If you have it might not be the machine but the socket that's the problem. Sometimes a specific socket has too high a voltage (is this how you said that the current in the socket is too strong in English, I honestly don't know. I hope you get what I mean anyway) and continuously blow things that you connect to it.
                    Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
                      Just a thought but have you had both machines in the same electrical socket? If you have it might not be the machine but the socket that's the problem. Sometimes a specific socket has too high a voltage (is this how you said that the current in the socket is too strong in English, I honestly don't know. I hope you get what I mean anyway) and continuously blow things that you connect to it.
                      Seen that with improperly grounded ones as well. The old arc and spark when you pull it out or plug it in at times.
                      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghsd'[fogtrnb srt#########assssssssssssssf[uisdf nmj nmm m 79praaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag;psdbvgfsbnfnsf nsgfsgnsfgtnsrtp[snhhs stl;hdfshsssssssssssssssssssss k k l l; ;nkl nk n;l nl; ;nlk s;n a erng;aroa;ggaioae;rag l/agrga'iahhaerag#aerlyaghe0[h a'jyopgare'pgioaheipugaregahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Edit:
                        Sry, late at night, feel better now
                        Work hard Play hard.
                        What is history?

Comment

I still love him, and it hurts every day that I can never have him in my life again. At the same time, love this pure and deep is kind of a beautiful experience now that I've removed myself from the toxic situation. Now it can sit restfully, even when it aches that I will never hold him again. I still hope he's happy more than anything. It's agony to think of him moving on, but deep down I want that for him. I hope he gets help, I hope he doesn't hurt for me, and I hope that someday he finds a beautiful woman who he can love in a non-abusive, healthy way. It's agony to think of him being in love with someone else, but it would be for the best. Even if he does all of the difficult, time consuming inner work he needs to do in order to heal and become a decent partner, I could never give him another chance. I could never take that risk.
                          I hope that I move on as well. I don't know if I'll ever forget about him, but I hope that someday it hurts little enough that I can find someone new to love who treats me with respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post

Learn from my mistake. Be up front. Stand up for yourself. Make the transition to the adult-to-adult relationship while it is still easy... don't do what I did.
                            So much this... I am living in my inlaws, not due to my own ability to support myself, but due their inability to support themselves, My family doesnt get it, My mom has actively accused me of "playing house." Be your own person, don't let them drag a rope around you...
                            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                              Seen that with improperly grounded ones as well. The old arc and spark when you pull it out or plug it in at times.
                              Oh my, yes. Grounding issues wreak havoc on all planes, too. From causing fires to burning out appliance to killing fixtures. Some of the worst, though, are some of the most obvious.

And my personal favorites: cutting the ground pin off a three prong plug, and incorrectly using an adapter to plug a three-prong into an outlet with only two slots. The latter, adapter issue is less stunning than the outright cutting off a protrusion but still... do people not know what the little metal loop is for, on the base of one of those adapters? It's meant to have the faceplate screw driven through it, to ground the plug. Nah, we just use it to get around the need for three-prong outlets. Who needs a ground?

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm really sick of people vilifying authors because they are LHP, trans, queer, into BDSM, affiliated with the CoS, in a polyamorous relationship or any other number of TOTALLY IRRELEVANT things. You know what... it IS possible to write legitimately about runes and be a LHPer. It IS possible to be into BDSM and still have a legitimate spiritual practice. If you want to discredit someone, how about we try discrediting the things they've actually written on the subject you're talking about rather than your irrelevant bigoted opinions. Ironically enough, there are things these authors have written that I don't agree with or that I think is downright bullshit. So use that in your criticism. Why do you need to go into their sexual preferences? Everyone has faults. The above list of things are not faults. Being a bigoted, narrow minded asshole is a fault.

Grow up, people.

Comment

Working...
                                X