Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
    Fixed for you.
    LET ME IN.....please?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
      LET ME IN.....please?
      That generally requires a PM sent to a Mod or Admin. Not a request posted in the RANT thread.

In any case, you're welcome.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
        I'm honestly surprised this still happens, in this day and age. You can communicate with someone on the other side of the planet as easily as you can holler out of a window.
        Yeah, but when it comes to sensitive topics (sensitive for my mum and my grandmother), it often ends with asking me to relay things to one and then to another. They just can't stop arguing.

- - - Updated - - -

Perhaps I just need to stay stubbornly out of this business.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
          I'm honestly surprised this still happens, in this day and age. You can communicate with someone on the other side of the planet as easily as you can holler out of a window.
          When I'm forced to do this I know it's because they just don't want to communicate with one another, but information still needs to be relayed. They just want a buffer so they don't need to deal with one another.
          Circe

Comment

I have an acquaintance IRL, who thankfully lives far away. I saw her a couple of weeks ago. The short version - she lives in a 3 fam. house - she has 1 apt., 1 is rented to a non-related tenant, and the other is her dad and her ex-husband. Yes they're roomies. Everything is 100% dysfunctional with her. So the ex dies a while back, meanwhile she's had 1 or 2 bf's that went nowhere. SO she meets this guy on facebook and he lives about 4 hours away. She goes to the Preakness and meets him. He comes to NY a weekend, she goes to see him a weekend, and he comes up for the Belmont. So it's a weekend thing since the Preakness which was May 17.

THEY JUST GOT ENGAGED. She's 35 and very clingy. She thinks she can sing. She can't. She's very delusional. A bunch of us met the guy at the Belmont and he has that aura of violence about him.
            Why are people so stupid and so desperate? Or am I insane for being a loner?
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I spent weeks working on a giant castle in minecraft. Griefers found it and destroyed my storage room. That was okay, I guess, that room was explosion proof so the structure itself was fine but I lost my items. A bit annoyed but I can get those back. Today I logged on and fell into a creator where my ballroom used to be. They were in the process of blowing it up when I found them. I don't bother anyone, I moved to the edge of the server so I would be alone. Why can't I have nice things?

I'm just going to find a new server.
              Circe

Comment

I still have a hard time dealing with the fact that everyone laughed at me while I was being shoved and screamed at. I was being shattered, humiliated, intimidated, and put in danger, and yet all that any of them did was laugh, and then go about their business as if everything was normal. It made me feel so worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
                  I still have a hard time dealing with the fact that everyone laughed at me while I was being shoved and screamed at. I was being shattered, humiliated, intimidated, and put in danger, and yet all that any of them did was laugh, and then go about their business as if everything was normal. It made me feel so worthless.
                  Totally unacceptable. I don't feel much different about the spectators than I do about the antagonist. I've a whole string of epithets for the entire lot, the greasy shit stains.

And just so you know, Cuckoo, I think you are great. It's them others that are worthless.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Did i miss a post? What's this in relation to?
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Thanks, Chain. That really does mean a lot. Medusa, this is still about the whole incident from my last relationship where my ex shoved me down a hall and screamed names at me while his friends stood around and laughed like nothing was wrong. I've just been dealing with a lot of the issues surrounding it, lately. Trying to move on and get some healing, but that keeps coming up.

Comment

Thanks, Chain. That really does mean a lot. Medusa, this is still about the whole incident from my last relationship where my ex shoved me down a hall and screamed names at me while his friends stood around and laughed like nothing was wrong. I've just been dealing with a lot of the issues surrounding it, lately. Trying to move on and get some healing, but that keeps coming up.
                        A bit of advice from a woman who's been there long ago. There is nothing for you back there in memories. That does NOT define the woman you want to be. YOU define it.

Don't carry that baggage with you or else you will start to shove it on to other people. And after a while that is all they will see of you. You deserve respect and happiness and not to be abused.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I agree with Medusa, too.

There's a ton of fitting cliches, there, too. That dog won't hunt. People in your past are there, and not here in the present, for a reason. That fish won't swim. Wounds won't heal if you keep picking at them. The best treatment for abusive ex'es is to start living happily. That bucket won't hold water. Negative attachment is still an attachment. The first step to moving forward is to look forward.

And, my favorite, a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.

Particularly, if the bicycle draws blood.

Comment

My sister went through a divorce, her daughter deciding to leave and live with her father, an abusive relationship that put her in hospital, followed by being stalked by said abusive fuck, all very recently. Through it all, she still managed to graduate as a registered general nurse this month, is now in a stable relationship with a sane man, and is on good terms with her daughter.

If she can get through all that, then anyone can do anything. Chin up Cuckoo, you'll be alright.
                            Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Thanks, guys. I've been focusing on getting into the rhythm of my life, building up self esteem, and doing things that I'm interested in. It does seem to be helping. They were just really screwed up people, I guess. Not my problem anymore.

Comment

I feel like walking into traffic today.... The most useless, vapid, waste of space piece of anal refuse of a coworker of mine just got a raise (and called to gloat about it too) i do not like the feeling that this mess of a pathetic excuse is more valued than I....

maybe be I should just run away, wait tables in Arizona and live out of a truck..... Then this won't seem so crappy
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X