Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
    No, but it was rebooting itself for hours and hours again. Each time installing new updates. One time the computer even had to use the latest restore point. So some of my apps disappeared and I had to reinstall those which I could find....
    Yeah, it's been quoted that 8.1 is almost like a virus. Technology is a great thing... sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
      Yeah, it's been quoted that 8.1 is almost like a virus. Technology is a great thing... sometimes.
      Thankfully I'm still on Windows 7. I also have set all my updates to manual. Yes I know it's "unsafer", but it beats having to deal with craps like this.
      Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
        Thankfully I'm still on Windows 7. I also have set all my updates to manual. Yes I know it's "unsafer", but it beats having to deal with craps like this.
        I'd rather check on pending updates every day than spend 3 days trying to fix a warped computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRaven View Post
          I wanted Windows 7 from the vary beginning. But the laptop was already with Windows 8 installed.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
            I'd rather check on pending updates every day than spend 3 days trying to fix a warped computer.
            Thankfully some of the programmes I've got have a feature where they alert to new updates but ask if they should install them before doing so. Makes my life a bit easier, but yes I'd rather check manually each day too when it comes down to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            I wanted Windows 7 from the vary beginning. But the laptop was already with Windows 8 installed.
            I am just glad I changed laptops before they switched from 7 to 8. Honestly if I had to get a new computer today and it had Windows 8 I'd be switching to Linux. Linux isn't my favourite but I'd prefer it to 8.
            Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

And people wondered why I stuck with Windows 2000 for so long. I understood all of its quirks,and was comfortable with it.
              Right now I am on WinXP,and learning all of its quirks all over again.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I dont know if this is a rant or more of a vent or whatever. My life has not gone anywhere I have wanted it go. I moved up to NC with a $25/hr job promised to me. I left my son in Mississippi for this job. I git a six month lease and found out a week later the job was gone. I was stuck. There is nothing in WNC in regards to making money. I was stuck in my apartment drinking every day. I also have military related mental health issues and a really bad back. I finally hit bottom about three weeks ago and almost took my own life. I spent a week at the VA Hospital and now live it a homeless shelter for veterans in Asheville. Nothing is right and I dont see anywhere but down from here. No one knows Im here. I wont tell my family about my issues or homelessness. They cannot know.

I guess thats my rant for the day.

Comment

So an Tuesday I was sick... Body aches, pain, head, throat, could barely move and talk, all of it. By Thursday it had cleared up mostly and I was feeling better, but hubby had started coughing, but he never gets sick so thought nothing of it.... Now he is coughing so much neither one of us can sleep, literally not sleeping, he has to get up and go to work in an hour and a half, which means I will sleep but I know he has not.... I told him to call his boss, he never gets sick and never calls out, she will understand... He won't do it, he says impossible, which is stupid, because it know his boss is competent, and I know the other pastry chef is competent as well they can make due for one bloody extra day.... It's just a Monday, they will be more worried than upset about your not being there. Nope impossible....
                  also you did not go buy cough syrup like you said you would.... I got out of work at 9, I work next to a pharmacy, why didn't you call me? I could have gotten it for you.... But by the time I get home the local pharmacy has closed and now I could drive an hour to get you some, but by the time I get home you will be going to work...
                  I can't fix this for him....
                  I want to, but at some point he has to help himself a bit... Right?

He he has seen me sick often enough to know this, I guess it's a product of "never getting sick..."
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by ThePaganMafia View Post
                    I dont know if this is a rant or more of a vent or whatever. My life has not gone anywhere I have wanted it go. I moved up to NC with a $25/hr job promised to me. I left my son in Mississippi for this job. I git a six month lease and found out a week later the job was gone. I was stuck. There is nothing in WNC in regards to making money. I was stuck in my apartment drinking every day. I also have military related mental health issues and a really bad back. I finally hit bottom about three weeks ago and almost took my own life. I spent a week at the VA Hospital and now live it a homeless shelter for veterans in Asheville. Nothing is right and I dont see anywhere but down from here. No one knows Im here. I wont tell my family about my issues or homelessness. They cannot know.

Holy shit, Chris. Is there any way I can help?

Mostly art.

Comment

Please reach out to your family. You are in a bind my friend. And it's not your fault. Things like this can happen to anyone in a matter of weeks. Please reach out so you can turn this temporary down in your life into just that...a temporary down.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

You have to tell your family about it, Chris. Otherwise it will get get only worse. If you tell your family about it, they will try to help you somehow. It's the better option.
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Im working with the VA to get better.

Comment

I agree with everything that's been said. Take care, Chris. I'm so sorry that this happened, but I'm sure it will pass, especially if you reach out.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Please reach out to your family. You are in a bind my friend. And it's not your fault. Things like this can happen to anyone in a matter of weeks. Please reach out so you can turn this temporary down in your life into just that...a temporary down.
                              I second this. Sometimes it's hard to get out of a bind alone. Reaching out can help you get through it.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                                I second this. Sometimes it's hard to get out of a bind alone. Reaching out can help you get through it.
                                Thirding (is that even a word?) this. While it often seems like we're in these situations alone, that's really not true. Even just talking to friends/family about what's been going on can make a world of difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X