X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    Tried soaking them in napisan?
    No. I probably should get some, but that stuff is hell expensive. We can afford it, but I have a really hard time justifying the price for that tiny little tub.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

No. I probably should get some, but that stuff is hell expensive. We can afford it, but I have a really hard time justifying the price for that tiny little tub.
      Oh, I didn't know it was expensive. I don't buy cleaning products lol
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Found out from my boss today that the place I'd submitted my job application to months ago (while still employed with my current company, because I was fed up) told her recently that I'd applied for a job with them. WTF. I feel like my rights have been violated in some way. I never even interviewed with these people. I didn't get the job. What motivation would they possibly have, months later, to tell her that I'd applied for a job with them? Other than they just want me to lose my job. Fuck people.

Comment

Originally posted by Torey View Post
          Found out from my boss today that the place I'd submitted my job application to months ago (while still employed with my current company, because I was fed up) told her recently that I'd applied for a job with them. WTF. I feel like my rights have been violated in some way. I never even interviewed with these people. I didn't get the job. What motivation would they possibly have, months later, to tell her that I'd applied for a job with them? Other than they just want me to lose my job. Fuck people.
          I don't know how those things work in Australia, but here in Belgium that's called violation of privacy! Those people had no right to do that! IMHO, if they go around sharing private info on their (potential) employees, you're actually better off not working for them!

I sincerely hope your boss won't give you any trouble for this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagazusa View Post

I don't know how those things work in Australia, but here in Belgium that's called violation of privacy! Those people had no right to do that! IMHO, if they go around sharing private info on their (potential) employees, you're actually better off not working for them!

I sincerely hope your boss won't give you any trouble for this.
            Unless you listed your boss as a referee?

RIP

You cut your hair short
            Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Yes, but that is an exception. And what Torey experienced is something completely different.
              Last edited by Hagazusa; 22 Sep 2014, 04:46.

Comment

He didn't list her as a referee, and no one but me knew he was applying for the other job. As far as I know you can only call referees when checking up on potential new staff. But I could be wrong. He emailed the Fair Work Ombutsman to find out.

Comment

He didn't list her as a referee, and no one but me knew he was applying for the other job. As far as I know you can only call referees when checking up on potential new staff. But I could be wrong. He emailed the Fair Work Ombutsman to find out.
                  Then it's bullshit. Ombudsman is the way to go. Or union? If you have a union.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Well, I hope for you guys that he will take this seriously. Even I know It's just not right. And I'm still a student!

Comment

Very high anxiety day for some reason.

I hoped I was done with this crap...

Bad genes suck big time.
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                        Very high anxiety day for some reason.

I hoped I was done with this crap...

Bad genes suck big time.
                        Anxiety is the worst!

- - - Updated - - -

I got dressed at 5am this morning and now in the light of day I can tell my leggings don't match my dress. Oops.

Comment

I can't put it all into words. At least, not coherently and not without monstrously excessive obscenity. So...

@#$%^&*!!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

dag nab it! I got my flu shot today no problemo. Talked to the nurse while she shot me. No biggy.

Now my arm feels like I got socked in it my Wolverine.

owie.:=(:
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                                English (Canadian) is basically the same as a US keyboard as far as layout goes. But suddenly it`s set to French.
                                What did you expect setting a keyboard to canadian english would do besides give you french characters? Add extra "U"s or "E"s as needed?

- - - Updated - - -

^Sounds a bit harsher than I intended it to on second reading. Basically the problem seems to be you are using canadian english programming on a US english keyboard. If it was a canadian english keyboard there would be accent characters on it. The question mark is shift-6 on canadian keyboards.

CTL-alt-2 for @.

Shift-< for apostrophe.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X