Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    I'm very upset with myself for stupid things I'm doing that I can't control.
    I know that feeling. Step back. Take a breath. Ask yourself why you think you can't control it. Technically, you can control it. You just don't really really reaaaaaaaally want to.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

None of my hours worked have been recorded at my store. My boss says my new boss has to take care of it. I keep getting the runaround. How am I supposed to care about working when work is not caring about me? I'm going to put my best happy face on tomorrow and work it out with my new boss. I'm guessing each week till I transfer I'm going to have to do this. Which sucks.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

ForumRunner is doing this thing again, where it says there is another thread to load, but there isnt, which I'm pretty sure means someone has posted in a thread I can't access and FR is being a butthead about it.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
          I'm pretty sure means someone has posted in a thread I can't access and FR is being a butthead about it.
          That would imply a sizeable flaw in VBulletin's PHP and SQL code. The queries to the database shouldn't be picking up items that you don't have access to so ForumRunner shouldn't have any idea what if anythings exists outside your permissions. I'm hesitant to go with that explanation. It could happen but it'd require some strange code in VBulletin.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            People that don't act like that can't get on the show, in most cases. The game show won't be able to sell ad space if the excitement level on the show is anything less than "sensational". Put a few people on the air that have a very calm nature, about them, and a whole ton of people that are way too easily excitable, and you have a Hit TV Game Show.

Sod the lot.
            It's true. If they can't find enough "real" people who will act sensationally, they'll pad the contestants with actors. I did a couple of jobs like that back when I did bit parts. The same is also true for any casting type show. I tried out for X-Factor once and I can tell you that of the people who got through, 2 were genuinely talented and the rest were just crazy.

Comment

My entire family (except for my dad, whose working) went to October fest without even asking if I wanted to come. According to dad they expected me to say no so, they didn't bother asking. There was just no one here and no explanation as to where they went until I started asking. I'd be more upset if they didn't do this constantly. Although, I'm kinda bummed. I would've liked if I'd at least been asked.
              Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                My entire family (except for my dad, whose working) went to October fest without even asking if I wanted to come. According to dad they expected me to say no so, they didn't bother asking. There was just no one here and no explanation as to where they went until I started asking. I'd be more upset if they didn't do this constantly. Although, I'm kinda bummed. I would've liked if I'd at least been asked.
                Save up your money, travel, and then make sure your trip coincides with the real Oktoberfest (in Munich). Then, send them lots of pictures and tell them they weren't invited

Comment

I have seen pics of real German beer mugs,damn things look like they hold half a 6 pack each...Now that a freaking FEST!

Like this.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Most average sized beer mugs are 500 mL, so I guess 17 ounces? The Oktoberfest/Hofbrauhaus mugs are 1 Liter, so double that. Most people don't drink those on a regular basis, unless they're going to Oktoberfest. A regular beer is 500 mL, a small beer is 330 mL.

Comment

I would love to actually visit Germany but I'm not much of a beer person. I just feel like I'm being purposely excluded from things.
                      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        Save up your money, travel, and then make sure your trip coincides with the real Oktoberfest (in Munich). Then, send them lots of pictures and tell them they weren't invited
                        This reminds me... I must take Torey to Adelaide's Oktoberfest this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                          I've always wanted to go, but Munich feels far away when you live in Germany. Berlin has kind of an "Oktoberfest" for tourists (in Germany, only the one in Munich is considered the real deal), but it's one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.

Comment

My rant: Freaking commercials on TV for such bogus stuff,makes me wonder are people so stupid about anything. One is a device called"Radio frequency skin tightener". reminds me of the OLD electric healing machines sold as snake oil cures.

Such as.
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quackery
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

Is it on the same time as cheesefest, or are you talking about schutzenfest?

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post

That would imply a sizeable flaw in VBulletin's PHP and SQL code. The queries to the database shouldn't be picking up items that you don't have access to so ForumRunner shouldn't have any idea what if anythings exists outside your permissions. I'm hesitant to go with that explanation. It could happen but it'd require some strange code in VBulletin.
                                Thats what I would think, but it says theres another post to view and when I click load more, it tells me there aint more, even if I refresh it all
                                Attached Files

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment