Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
    What did you expect setting a keyboard to canadian english would do besides give you french characters? Add extra "U"s or "E"s as needed?
    It's been set to Canadian English for 3 years and been totally normal! I lived the first 21 years of my life in Canada and have bought all of my computers there and can attest that the keyboard layout is the same as a US keyboard.

I sorted out the problem though. Turns out that the keyboard -can- be adjusted to Canadian French with a click. My boyfriend or cat must have done it by accident. Now I can type @?' like a normal person!

Comment

Are you sure it was not the ghost of a French skunk???
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        Are you sure it was not the ghost of a French skunk???
        Haha I won't rule it out!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
          It's been set to Canadian English for 3 years and been totally normal! I lived the first 21 years of my life in Canada and have bought all of my computers there and can attest that the keyboard layout is the same as a US keyboard.

I sorted out the problem though. Turns out that the keyboard -can- be adjusted to Canadian French with a click. My boyfriend or cat must have done it by accident. Now I can type @?' like a normal person!
          The first keyboard I ever had was Canadian, I guess it was specifically a french Canadian keyboard? I just assumed that all Canadian keyboards were like that. With all the crazy accent keys.
          Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
            The first keyboard I ever had was Canadian, I guess it was specifically a french Canadian keyboard? I just assumed that all Canadian keyboards were like that. With all the crazy accent keys.
            Nope...definitely not all like that! But I think French Canadian and English Canadian keyboards are different. I think they make the layout different on the French ones so that the accent keys are more accessible, sort of like the German ones have the umlauts really accessible. English Canadians don't really use those keys unless their life/job requires them to use French as a second language, so we have the same layout you do.

You can change it, though. The computer that was affected came with a German keyboard, but you can implement any keyboard input into Windows/Mac OS. I touch type, so I really don't care if the keys have different letters printed on them. That being said, if the software AND the keyboard are not English, I have no hope!

Comment

What I'm capable of doing vs. what I would ideally be doing vs. financial obligations vs. time constraints.

I know the basic understanding of most, not necessarily the polished skill set or a healthy environment to implement any of it at this very moment. Maybe one day, but right now all it accomplishes is me looking at my options, looking at my goals, and wanting to just curl up in a corner with a bottle and a book and ignoring the next 3 days. Perhaps the solution will present itself in time. I hope it does. I'm getting sick of digging under rocks for enough money to feed myself.

Comment

I'm in that awful in between stage of sickness where I'm too sick to do anything, but just well enough to feel restless about doing nothing.

I'm restless sitting down and resting, but everytime I get up and start doing stuff, I feel really sick.

Ugh!

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                  What I'm capable of doing vs. what I would ideally be doing vs. financial obligations vs. time constraints.

I know the basic understanding of most, not necessarily the polished skill set or a healthy environment to implement any of it at this very moment. Maybe one day, but right now all it accomplishes is me looking at my options, looking at my goals, and wanting to just curl up in a corner with a bottle and a book and ignoring the next 3 days. Perhaps the solution will present itself in time. I hope it does. I'm getting sick of digging under rocks for enough money to feed myself.
                  You and me both :/

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    You and me both :/
                    Yeah I feel like you and I have a lot of common in that regard. :P

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      I'm in that awful in between stage of sickness where I'm too sick to do anything, but just well enough to feel restless about doing nothing.

I'm restless sitting down and resting, but everytime I get up and start doing stuff, I feel really sick.

Ugh!
                      Ugh is right.

I really hate that feeling.

...also, goober had a bad day at school.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I remember using a german keyboard once. It was very frustrating. Z is up where y is I think. Drove me mad, because I toucb type too.
                        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                        Seen the desert and the birds
                        You cut your hair short
                        Like a shush to an insult
                        The world had been yelling
                        Since the day you were born
                        Revolting with anger
                        While it smiled like it was cute
                        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

From my fb because I don't want to type it out.
                          OMG, I was almost attacked walking home tonight! By 3 very large RACCOONS! My street has no street lights and it's only lit by porches. I was walking down the street and saw what I thought was a cat. Then I noticed it was a very large cat. The size of a dog. Then I thought oh, a dog. Then the dog stood up on its hind legs. And then I saw Wolverine claws! And then one started coming towards me. And then one was coming down the side of a tree. I freaked the fuck out. It was like rabid little children chasing me.
                          I was thinking of macing it. Then I just thought I'd sorta RUN. What exactly is the protocol to rabid dogs on hind legs chasing you with wolverine claws?
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            From my fb because I don't want to type it out.

I was thinking of macing it. Then I just thought I'd sorta RUN. What exactly is the protocol to rabid dogs on hind legs chasing you with wolverine claws?
                            I hear 1 in 10 people are immune to mace. I wonder if that qualifies for rabid dogs too? Hrmmm

Comment

Better to run Duce. There was a case in Northern Calif where people let their dogs run in the mornings and they packed up and went after raccoons. Normally Raccoons are solitary,but when the dogs went after the Raccoons they packed up and killed several of the dogs. It hit the news because this is NOT normal behavior for raccoons...
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                                I hear 1 in 10 people are immune to mace. I wonder if that qualifies for rabid dogs too? Hrmmm
                                Is mace the same thing as pepper spray? Because I was in a holding cell for a few hours that had pepper spray on the walls and it was terribad.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X