THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Youse guys are getting to smart for me....Must generate more humor.....Two cows walk into a bar....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

How many people do dogs kill?

Cos I'm a bitch...
      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
      Seen the desert and the birds
      You cut your hair short
      Like a shush to an insult
      The world had been yelling
      Since the day you were born
      Revolting with anger
      While it smiled like it was cute
      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I'm un idiota!

I just banged the bridge of my nose on the stationary bike. All I need is to show up to work with a big black and blue nose. I'm so pissed.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

But it looks GOOD on ya Duce.....You wear it well....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

You wait Duce, everyone else will have one...c#trendsetter
            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
            Seen the desert and the birds
            You cut your hair short
            Like a shush to an insult
            The world had been yelling
            Since the day you were born
            Revolting with anger
            While it smiled like it was cute
            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Ugh, I've had such a long, frustrating week. And it's spilling over into my weekend, and I soooo need the mental break. So, so, so badly. I can barely even write coherent sentences anymore.

Today, I actually walked into the supermarket, filled my basket with fresh produce, and then forgot why I wanted to go there in the first place. That's where I am after this week.

Comment

My mom is stuck in stewertsville mn. She's out on the street and afraid and i have no way to help her and she's angry at me for that. She wants me to borrow money to come get her but that's a line i drew a long time ago and told her i would never cross. She needs to be responsible for her own actions but she's my mother and on the street. I don't know what to do anymore.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Shahaku--is there a shelter near there? any sort of social services that you could contact?
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    Shahaku--is there a shelter near there? any sort of social services that you could contact?
                    Apparently all the shelters in the Midwest are full. At least, every shelter in Rochester, Waterloo, and Cedar Rapids is full. Waverly, I guess, had a couple spots, but she doesn't know anybody out there and it would be hard for her to get stable. I finally agreed to take a bit off my credit card to help her get in a hotel for a week here and she found a ride back, but after that, she's going to have to take care of herself. She says she's been in contact with the assistance people but we'll see how that turns out.

ETA: She's said she's been in contact with various assistance programs for the last 6 months trying to get out of this relationship she's been in and be independent and nothing has come of it. I really don't know what to do. There have been some allegations of drug use from various family members, she smokes (which I hate because she'll ask me for money while buying cigarettes), everyone says she's manipulating me, but I don't know where to draw the line between pushing her to take care of herself and the fact that she's family and we're supposed to take care of family.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Shahaku. I hope things resolve for you guys.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I have a piece due today. Nothing huge, but took me a good hour or so to write. I did it yesterday, but I wanted do the finishing touches today because I was tired and burnt out and I figured that it would be better to give my brain a bit of a break. Of course, my computer crashed. I can't get it started. I have another computer, but I'd already saved it to the one that doesn't start (and let's be real, who saves every little day-to-day thing on a stick or external?)

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          (and let's be real, who saves every little day-to-day thing on a stick or external?)
                          The ones who aren't willing to risk losing money by trusting a single machine to work reliably 100% of the time.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I am guessing you are the backup king of the world Mask..

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              I am guessing you are the backup king of the world Mask..
                              nope, I'm a rank amateur. I keep backups and in some cases, I keep many backups. By the end of the year, I will have more backups and I will have systems configured to back themselves up with no input from me but nope, if you want a back-up king then go find an organization where failure to have relevant data or an exceptional reason not to opens them up to prosecution. There's a difference in point of view between "I secure data because I can" and "I secure data because the Federal government will open up my bank account and start writing checks to itself with my money if I don't keep my data secure and intact". There's yet another pov for "I secure data because my paycheck is dependent on it." I am very much in the first category. I've worked with people who fall more into the third and I can find you sectors of the economy who fall into the second.

The amount of backing up people do tends to be a mix of
                              1) how trusting they are in their computers
                              2) how much of a problem they're faced with if they lose data

businesses tend to do a lot of it because data tends to = money and because there tend to be record keeping requirements imposed by the government. The government tends to keep backups because it imposes record keeping requirements on itself for a variety of reasons (and IRS officials break said regs but that's for another day). Private citizens tend to keep backups based on their individual personality, technical skill and what they use their computers for. Well that or they keep backups because they use netbooks designed to save everything to a google or apple server instead of a hard drive.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

For the record, I do backups. I do them on a regular basis and I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS back up long term projects that take me a ton of time. But I do a lot of content writing that is high turnover and low paid. To be honest, I just churn it out, and that's what's expected of me. I don't back that up because on a 24-hour turnaround period, it's not even worth thinking about – usually.

Anyway, I got my computer started. This computer is kind of like an old car. Sometimes it just needs a bit of time and patience to get going.

Comment

Working...
                                X