THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

A couple of weeks ago, I talked to my aunt, and we talked about how I don't eat sweets. So she sent me a tin of cookies. Um, hello. I was a vegetarian for about 10 years long ago and my mother could never remember that. What is is with relatives and selective memory? It's a very small family - not like there are lots of people's details to think of.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      A couple of weeks ago, I talked to my aunt, and we talked about how I don't eat sweets. So she sent me a tin of cookies. Um, hello. I was a vegetarian for about 10 years long ago and my mother could never remember that. What is is with relatives and selective memory? It's a very small family - not like there are lots of people's details to think of.
      My grandmother forgets that I'm allergic to nuts... and lactose intolerant. The rest of my family forget about the lactose too. It's funny, all hell would break lose if i forgot that my cousin doesn't eat swine, and my mother dislikes garlic.
      You remind me of the babe
      What babe?
      The babe with the power
      What power?
      The Power of voodoo
      Who do?
      You do!
      Do what?
      Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I really think it is a thing...The last time I quit smoking(for about 6 months) people who would NOT front me a smoke if I was out suddenly were offering me full packs,knowing I had quit.

Someone said they could not stand that you had quit,when they could not,so the trying to get you to restart.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Is monday night random rage-frustration some kind of a thing? I'm ready to throw things at walls for no reason at all. (Well, I do have a small reason: I can't get myself off this damm chair and away from the internet. But no-one throws a tantrum about such a thing.)
          And I'm not even a teenager. No offense to teenagers, they behave better than I do.
          baah.

Comment

I just... work.. and find messes that have been left for other people to clean up.. *facedesk*

Comment

That's just great.... Tried to cook food in the oven... The food is now ready, but the oven won't open. Now I can't open it at all, since the part that people use to open the oven is broken.... >< Aaahh!!!!
              I could have been told about it earlier....
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                That's just great.... Tried to cook food in the oven... The food is now ready, but the oven won't open. Now I can't open it at all, since the part that people use to open the oven is broken.... >< Aaahh!!!!
                I could have been told about it earlier....
                That royally sucks.

I biked to work. My boss saw I could not speak. And he sent me home. I'm home in bed with a sore throat and some Chloraseptic spray. I feel sickies
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  That royally sucks.

I biked to work. My boss saw I could not speak. And he sent me home. I'm home in bed with a sore throat and some Chloraseptic spray. I feel sickies
                  Take care of yourself!
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I can't stop hiccuping and it's making me feel like I'm about to barf!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I love my husband, I really do but some days I want to punch him in the face!! Like when he ruins a great day. I had a great day at work and was feeling super proud of myself and he has to go throw a fit, and pick a fight.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                        My grandmother forgets that I'm allergic to nuts... and lactose intolerant. The rest of my family forget about the lactose too. It's funny, all hell would break lose if i forgot that my cousin doesn't eat swine, and my mother dislikes garlic.
                        My inlaws and half of my friends forget that I'm allergic to soy. They don't usually make stuff with straight up soy, but they forget to check ingredients (soy hides in lots of things!)

Comment

I've been noticing this dull/pressure specific pain in a specific part of my wrist for the last few weeks. Have thought nothing of it, figured it was just from work (I work with my hands). And then today I notice a really sensitive bump on my wrist that feels like bone, but the bump doesn't exist on my other wrist. Now it's been mentioned that I probably dislocated something.

Great. And to go in for the weekend to get it looked it, I have to pay for extra hours care. I'd wait until monday, but if it really is dislocated then I wouldn't be doing myself any favors allowing it to sit that way for 4 days. -.- Why can't I just have a week where something doesn't go wonky?

Comment

That sounds like a Ganglion cyst. I know this because I had one from working a lot with my hands.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/gangl...article_em.htm

Depending on your Doc,it may require surgery,or for some docs,smashing it with a book...it is a liquid buildup on the ganglia.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              That sounds like a Ganglion cyst. I know this because I had one from working a lot with my hands.

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/gangl...article_em.htm

Depending on your Doc,it may require surgery,or for some docs,smashing it with a book...it is a liquid buildup on the ganglia.
                              I had it checked out this morning, and it is a cyst. He just said to keep an eye on it and it may go away by itself, or if it gets really annoying surgery is the best option. I've been reading different things on it, with varying results and opinions. Because it's actually on the underside of my wrist, where all the little bones and veins are at, he didn't recommend the "bible treatment." :P But it was mentioned by both the nurse and the doc haha.

But hey, it's not a dislocation and it's not a cancerous tumor. So I'm counting it as a (somewhat unattractive looking) win.

Comment

No no no no whine!!! Just found out Manson is coming to Denmark this summer... and it's completely sold out already I had hoped he'd be at copenhell this year, but he usually only does one gig when he's here, so I don't think he will...
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Working...