THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

They predicted snow for yesterday afternoon. We got freezing rain instead and now the roads are icy and everyone's paranoid. Just as paranoid if there had been snow.

I think I'm going to leave now and maybe swing by somewhere for a bite to eat. Kinda hungry.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

My back really really really hurts! Ouchie. X
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

My assessment that the couch would make my back hurt to correct. Now im home alone with my brother on a snow day.this is hazardous to both our healths
        Circe

Comment

I'm on the forum yesterday on the I'm sorry thread and my wife comes up behind me and starts reading over my shoulder. This drives me nuts. I think that it is rude to read someones elses replay without asking.
          She thinks this forum is a wast of my time. She thinks it's OK to be "Pagan" just don't wast to much time on it. >
          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

"Wasting time." That phrase has caused me more grief than most any other. What, exactly, IS wasting time? Breathing? Sleeping? Playing World of Warcraft? Reading? Spending time with friends? What?? There really is no such thing as wasting time. Except for the sole existence of being. Seriously. If whatever it is stimulates, amuses, appeals or in any way attracts one to DO it - it is not 'wasting time'.

I've been known to call a great many television shows a 'waste of time', I've even called quite a few people a 'waste of space'. But time and space are not wasted on anything, it's just USED for whatever purpose. If I want to spend my time contemplating how to round up infinity, how is that POSSIBLY considered 'wasting time'?

Someone judging how I spend my time, and thus accusing me of wasting it, has no business judging. If they can waste their time on some pretentious, self-absorbed condemnation of my activities, I can waste MY time doing what I damn well please, too.

"Wasted time"! What the hell else is it good for??

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I wish this damn cold would go away.
              Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

I'm pissed cause so much shit is falling on my head, I can't even rant right.

Comment

[quote author=ChainLightning link=topic=8.msg28274#msg28274 date=1294853241]
                  "Wasting time." That phrase has caused me more grief than most any other. What, exactly, IS wasting time? Breathing? Sleeping? Playing World of Warcraft? Reading? Spending time with friends? What?? There really is no such thing as wasting time. Except for the sole existence of being. Seriously. If whatever it is stimulates, amuses, appeals or in any way attracts one to DO it - it is not 'wasting time'.

I've been known to call a great many television shows a 'waste of time', I've even called quite a few people a 'waste of space'. But time and space are not wasted on anything, it's just USED for whatever purpose. If I want to spend my time contemplating how to round up infinity, how is that POSSIBLY considered 'wasting time'?

Someone judging how I spend my time, and thus accusing me of wasting it, has no business judging. If they can waste their time on some pretentious, self-absorbed condemnation of my activities, I can waste MY time doing what I damn well please, too.

"Wasted time"! What the hell else is it good for??
                  [/quote]

Feeling philosophical today dear? x
                  "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Hey guys at my work, if you dont turn in your paperwork, how am I supposed to pay you???? Its not my responsibilty to chase them down. Its your work. Its your money. you do it. And if you come bitching at me on Friday, I will hurt you.
                    It does not do to dwell in dreams and forget to live - Albus Dumbledore

Comment

The smell of diesel exhaust mixed with spray paint that is permeating my office from the shop next door is making me rather sick and cranky >

Comment

Ugh starting to get a red bump on my nose piercing.

Comment

Sinus headache from the snow and the bitter cold. I'd better get to bed early.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Don't. Like. Getting. Up. At. 3:30am. For. Work.

FML
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Im useing my coat as a pillow im bent at a painful angle I have to get up in six hours and go to school. And I think im comeing down with something. Again. > I just got over the stomach flu
                              Circe

Comment

I feel like I'm full of lead from the waist down.

I frikkin' hate my period.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X