THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

ITS WORKING!!!!!! I STARTED MESHING BUTTONS AND ITS WORKING!!!!! AND I HAVE LIKE A BILLION CHANNELS!!!! IT WORKS!!!!! YYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

right! *puts on come dine with me* :-*

Comment

Hungry.

Comment

Wait, so my opinion that women on that site weren't hot because of the lack of t&a is chauvinist but you can make an ableist comment about how people who wear glasses look intelligent?

*headdesk*
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

[quote author=Caelia link=topic=8.msg3979#msg3979 date=1287350524]
          Wait, so my opinion that women on that site weren't hot because of the lack of t&a is chauvinist but you can make an ableist comment about how people who wear glasses look intelligent?

*headdesk*
          [/quote]

That really just fails to make sense.

How is thinking that T&A is attractive is chauvinist?

A genetic and cultural predisposition to find certain biological traits as attractive isn't chauvinist...acting like they are representative of the innate worth of a person is chauvinist.

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=8.msg3983#msg3983 date=1287350907]

A genetic and cultural predisposition to find certain biological traits as attractive isn't chauvinist...acting like they are representative of the innate worth of a person is chauvinist.
            [/quote]

Exactly. The person in question tried to twist my argument saying that I wanted the women to get surgery (and how that attractiveness-which I use loosely in regards to that- is a boon to their worth) when all I said was the women depicted on the site didn't have anything unless surgery was involved. This, to me, doesn't constitute hot. The very fact they turned around and made their own bigoted remark is what got me.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

[quote author=Caelia link=topic=8.msg3979#msg3979 date=1287350524]

*headdesk*
              [/quote]

Ugh. I hate it when people are sook quick to point out sexism but completely ignore other forms of oppression. Gah!
              And hotness is purely subjective. Finding different traits hot is not inherently sexist!

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=8.msg3767#msg3767 date=1287299960]
                I can't give Karma points! Whats with that?! X
                [/quote]
                One more post, hun. You need 50 posts to be able to give Karma.
                Wild Witchy Dusk | TwitterMy Art Blog | My Deviantart

Comment

Rant: T-Minus 24 hours until the Englishman leaves for the other side of the world...for several months. >

Mostly art.

Comment

I get it. You're three years older than me and have attended a university. Big effing deal. You're still wrong. I don't care how long you've been wrong or how much thought has been put into being wrong. You're wrong! WRONG!

Oh, and when you agreed with me . . . you can't say that you didn't do that when it's right there - quoted by me multiple times and in the thread.

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

GRRAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Ok, kudos to Popular Mechanics for their blurb on how a make-up artist creates zombies (the Hollywood, brain-eating zombies).

However, at the bottom is another blurb that makes me want to stomp on someone's face. It's not the mention of good ol' tetrodotoxin that gets me, it's the first line:

"For centuries, when Caribbean shamans wanted to get revenge on someone..."

Caribbean shamans?!!! WTF?!!! Are you f'in serious?! Caribbean shamans???

I totally feel like the 'FFFUUUUUUUU!!!!' guy looks right now.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Heat + hayfever + monster cramps = one grumpy Kitty >

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=8.msg3983#msg3983 date=1287350907]

[/quote]

AAHHH! Thal too many long words on a Monday morning :sleepy:

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Running out of time! Must. Keep. Memorizing. Arrrrrrggggg!!!
                            Remember I came for you and will come for you always
                            Forget the names because names lie, but remember us
                            Because when you look at me I remember myself
                            Remember me because I will never forget you ♥

Comment

Hmm... I don't wanna go to work!! I want to go to my studio and be happy there X
                              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

well I did not get a second of sleep and now i am in a zombie like state thats has forced me to skip my lectures and seminars for the day. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat.

Comment

Working...
                                X