THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Being a teenager is the worst. Just take a deep breath and remember that it gets better. It might not seem like it sometimes, but it does!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      Being a teenager is the worst. Just take a deep breath and remember that it gets better. It might not seem like it sometimes, but it does!
      Thanks. I'm really happy I can come here and get support even when my problems are trivial and don't entirely make sense.
      They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
      Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
      -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Though my teen years are a LONG way back in time,I remember all the concerns and sometimes anger,but it does get better as you approach becoming an adult. Remember however becoming an adult has its own set of things to mess with your head.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
          Thanks. I'm really happy I can come here and get support even when my problems are trivial and don't entirely make sense.
          Sometimes it helps to just talk about it

Comment

American feminists.

I think that speaks for itself with the rant.
            Always taking art commissions, especially for fantasy and pagan related artwork
            Featured on Deviantart, Storenvy, Facebook, and Cafepress
            sigpic

Comment

Why do I have hunger pains? I've eaten enough today (not my 'as much as I want to allow myself' enough, but actually, 'the amount I should eat for my height, weight and lifestyle' enough). So why is my stomach doing this to me? Stop it.. bad tummy..

Also, I really didn't want to come to work tonight, and there is a mountain of paperwork sitting here for me.. why is it always me who is asked to check the finances before the monthly audit? Am I like, the only person who knows how to use a calculator? Fine.. I'll do it every soddin' month, but can we install minecraft on the work computer, so I can use THAT calculator? I don't see how that would be unreasonable.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                Why do I have hunger pains? I've eaten enough today (not my 'as much as I want to allow myself' enough, but actually, 'the amount I should eat for my height, weight and lifestyle' enough). So why is my stomach doing this to me? Stop it.. bad tummy..

Also, I really didn't want to come to work tonight, and there is a mountain of paperwork sitting here for me.. why is it always me who is asked to check the finances before the monthly audit? Am I like, the only person who knows how to use a calculator? Fine.. I'll do it every soddin' month, but can we install minecraft on the work computer, so I can use THAT calculator? I don't see how that would be unreasonable.
                It would take so much longer to use that calculator though! it's like a bug trying to use one of our calculators
                They moaned and squealed, and pressed their snouts to the earth. We are sorry, we are sorry.
                Sorry you were caught, I said. Sorry that you thought I was weak, but you were wrong.
                -Madeline Miller, Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  I assume your previous position was already filled? I've had it happen to me and it's a horrible feeling. I (and several people I met while there), was told I had a job waiting for me when I moved to Germany. By the time I got there, I was told they couldn't take me on because they were struggling to give their existing teachers enough hours (this was Berlitz: name and shame, name and shame!!). I blame myself though, because I should have double checked that there was definitely work for me, before I left. I ended up trying to freelance, but there was so little work and for one class, I had to travel to Munich, which cost me nearly what I made for the class (I only took it because I thought if I could get my foot in the door, more offers would come). I landed on my feet back in England though, and I hope you find something quickly too. As for the bitch who offered you the job, I hope she goes bankrupt! ^^
                  The bitch can't! She employs My husband! Which is why I am so floored that this happened....
                  and no letter no nothing... I'm just left here on the rope swinging.....
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

My husband's crazy uncle is turning 80 this month. My father-in-law also has his birthday in August. For the celebration, we're going to the dinner show at my workplace. I leave the hellhole at 8am & we have to be back there at 5:30pm, which means getting across town on a weekday during rush-hour traffic.

I'm a grown woman, but every single one of these little events makes me feel like a child being forced to go to some event. I really loathe the birthday and holiday shenanigans. It's not jealousy - if I wanted it, I'd be showered with attention on my birthday, too. There are just so freaking many of them. My husband's birthday, his sister's birthday, his nephew's birthday, his dad's, his uncle's, his mom's, mine, and all the secular/semi-religious things like Christmas, Easter, 4th of July...

Holidays and celebrations should be once-in-awhile things to break up the monotony of life, not once-a-month obligations to be shouldered until everyone dies.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Was told by someone: "I'm a linguist, in case your curious." (emphasis is mine)

um... clearly, you aren't.
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Whoa! A nonlexical linguist. We should sell tickets!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Expectations bring disillusionment, which brings disappointment....ahh...relationships.

Comment

I have been holding this in for quite some time but here it goes...

So the day before yesterday I had to run around making sure everything was prepared for my first day back to the university and I also had to deal with morons who fail to understand the basics of logic and generally acting like there are no consequences and the world is there stomping ground alone.

Then I had to deal with this jackass who claimed to be a druid but didn't understand the first thing about it who seemed to conflate some form of generic self help book slogans turned into a ritualized form and failed to not only read any neo-druidic texts but reconstructionist ones too. Now I don't mind people who belong to more than one path or eclectics. I would just be hypocritical moron for that, but when you don't even know the basics of one of them how can you even call yourself part of it? I mean this guy basically insulted the deities thereof too and ignored every single historical and modern record of practice ever written. I realize some of us are new might make similarly embarrassing mistakes, it happens, but when you can't be bothered to learn from them it's insane. All someone has to do is read a couple books about whatever tradition resonates with them best... Is that really too much for one person?

Then the next morning its not just hot as hell I have to deal with my friends problems. I have to deal not only with someone else's relationship bull which I want no part of to begin with. It's not that I don't care I just don't like being around for THEIR arguments and being made the referee in THEIR disputes and both of these people are my friends so I don't want to turn this two sided conflict into a three way clusterfuck.

If that was not bad enough I had to deal with something much more serious than that. One of my dear friends has had a tough life. Her mother was lets say less than the caring make you chicken soup when your sick type growing up. She has had medical problems for the past few years, was recently hospitalized and to make matters worse, one of her supposed "friends" had been harassing her in the most despicable ways one could fathom and I had to not only console her but help her deal with this. To make matters worse I used to trust this creep myself. So this was not only a betrayal of one of my friends which I do not tolerate but a personal betrayal which I also do not take well either! Not only am I pissed at this bastard but I can't forgive myself for considering this creepy flesh sack of walking excrement my friend. I feel like a horrible human being for not seeing this sooner. Who the hell can you trust anymore if anyone at all? Now I did help her deal with all of this without question. I have no regrets about helping a friend but it only piled on the stress.

By the time all this was said and done I could finally get back home and I thought all of this was done with for awhile I have to wait for an hour to catch a bus because I don't have a car at present and the freaking bus that was supposed to get me back home broke down so I had to wait for someone to send out a new one. That's small potatoes compared to a lot of other things, but it grates on my nerves.

Last but not least is that I've been suffering some awful insomnia lately and nothing seems to be able to be able to put an end to it!

*collapses whilst hyperventilating*

Comment

Gaaaaaah... So frustrated. I've totally ballsed up BTvison at work. Some channels were down, so I thought I'd be a nice colleage and re-scan. I've now lost all but NINE channels! I'm not going to be popular in the morning..
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

While grocery shopping and waiting for the bus, I lost my mp3 player. Oh I know where it is. Exactly where it is. It's in the sewer drain right in front of the bus stop. It fell in there. And no way in hell was I even attempting to stop it as it slowly descended into that pit of evil clownery. I hope Penny the Clown enjoys the damn music.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X