Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

migrants:What to do...Europe needs to decide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: migrants:What to do...Europe needs to decide.

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    Stuff happens in threads,almost every time the subject slips in to something else.
    This thread is probably what's going on with the heads of countries. ::
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      So this is turning into that wonderful game of Que es mas Macho. Good to know.

Countries have taxes. Some are high. Some are low. And immigrants what now related to taxes?
      Well, our tax dollars do go towards financing the refugee programs. All immigrants can also benefit from integration classes, which include German lessons and stuff like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        Well, our tax dollars do go towards financing the refugee programs. All immigrants can also benefit from integration classes, which include German lessons and stuff like that.
        Agreed. But ok. We now know who is high and low in taxes. Taxes cannot be the only thing to think about when it comes to immigrants.

Comment

Agreed. But ok. We now know who is high and low in taxes. Taxes cannot be the only thing to think about when it comes to immigrants.
          True, but "our taxes are already too high to help" has been floated around in here a lot.

Comment

True, but "our taxes are already too high to help" has been floated around in here a lot.
            I think that was because non Us citizens think US is a bonanza. It's not. Again. We just look pretty. Underneath we are just a mess. With sparkles and fireworks.

Comment

I think that was because non Us citizens think US is a bonanza. It's not. Again. We just look pretty. Underneath we are just a mess. With sparkles and fireworks.
              Oh, I definitely don't think it's a bonanza. I'd literally rather live in about 20 other countries over the US. The standard of living is much higher here.

But, this is an international crisis, and Europe can't deal with it alone.

Comment

Oh, I definitely don't think it's a bonanza. I'd literally rather live in about 20 other countries over the US. The standard of living is much higher here.

But, this is an international crisis, and Europe can't deal with it alone.
                I totally get that. But the US is seriously overwhelmed with its constant immigration (legal and extremely non legal) from...well...just about EVERY other country on the planet. It's just not our nice neighbors Mexico. It's every South American country. Let's not forget Asia as well. We are full up at the inn. It can't be Europe and then The US as if we are equal to all of Europe.

Look at it like this. In Europe you have numerous countries who could help.

Here in North America there are just 2. Canada and the US.

Comment

The population of the US is 318 million (give or take). The population of Canada is approx. 35 million. (And it's one of the least densely populated countries in the world).

The population of Europe is 742 million.

Let's look at that more closely - in terms of positioning, the UK is no 43 in the Most densely populated country charts (which numbers 1 - 214)
                  The US is No. 161.
                  Canada is No. 204

And if you would like my source: http://statisticstimes.com/populatio...on-density.php
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

oh well let's ship them all to Canada!

So just the US alone is about 43% population of all of Europe. That's a lot of people for one country. Sure. We can take more.

Comment

The only reason that the U.S. has "problems" is because too many Americans have bought the idea that rich people paying less in taxes is stimulates the economy, that everyone on "welfare" must be there because they are lazy (a program, I might add, that hasn't been around for quite some time), and that immigrants today are some how of less quality as people than their own ancestors. Also that immigrants are going to "take their jobs". All of which are based on a shoddy understanding of history and current events. I mean, look at what happened to crops in Alabama a few years ago....Americans literally can't do the job that immigrants and migrant workers do. Its funny that, for a country built by immigrants (because they stole the land from native inhabitants) and proud of its diversity, that we have such a strong history of hating immigrants and pissing on things that would make us diverse.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

I think I brought this up before but illegal immigration is essentially at a net zero. Couple that with the fact immigrants are doing jobs that are essential to our country it's almost a non issue if not completely overblown.

I am from Alabama so I got an interesting seat to the political clusterf*** that the immigration law was.

There was a comedian from Georgia by the name of Tim Wilson. He had a bit where he said(and I'm not quoting exactly verbatim here), "an American contractor will take two weeks to get to your job then charge you for and overcharge for every little thing. You go to Home Depot pick up some Mexican boys and all they want is a coke, a sub sandwich all the way AND HOW DEEP DO YOU WANT THIS HOLE? An illegal Mexican is a great American."

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          The only reason that the U.S. has "problems" is because too many Americans have bought the idea that rich people paying less in taxes is stimulates the economy, that everyone on "welfare" must be there because they are lazy (a program, I might add, that hasn't been around for quite some time), and that immigrants today are some how of less quality as people than their own ancestors. Also that immigrants are going to "take their jobs". All of which are based on a shoddy understanding of history and current events. I mean, look at what happened to crops in Alabama a few years ago....Americans literally can't do the job that immigrants and migrant workers do. Its funny that, for a country built by immigrants (because they stole the land from native inhabitants) and proud of its diversity, that we have such a strong history of hating immigrants and pissing on things that would make us diverse.
                          Trump will fix all this of course.mg:

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            " Americans are cheap bastards with a selfish toddler's manners."
                            Spoken like a true loyalist to the Throne circa 1776

Comment

Yeah so. The USA is not exactly great at taking in refugees or our OWN crises.
                              Hurricane Katrina. I'm looking at you. The world should not look at the US for help on things. We really don't have our shit together. We just look pretty.
                              You know seventy plus years ago, at the world's darkest hour, our friends called on us for help, and inch by inch, mile by mile, country by country we answered that call. Fast forward seventy years, and now our friends would rather just come live with us.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                                You know seventy plus years ago, at the world's darkest hour, our friends called on us for help, and inch by inch, mile by mile, country by country we answered that call. Fast forward seventy years, and now our friends would rather just come live with us.
                                Eh. I think we 'helped' our friends right after someone pissed on our Harbor. We kinda suck as friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X