attacks on Paris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: attacks on Paris

One interesting thing I read is right wing neo Nazi groups actually use that argument to DEFEND the Nazi leader,and the argument is so convoluted as to become absolutely crazy,even though they seem sane to themselves..Kind of like talking yourself into believing you are NOT evil,when you know deep down you are.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
      Maybe a bit of both. I think leaders definitely use it as a tool, but there are still a lot of racist people out there. Their racism usually stems from fear and total ignorance, so it's easy to prey upon.
      Absolutely. Some of the rubbish I hear when I'm out and about... it's a wonder I don't get into punch ups. People believe anything they read in the Sun and the Daily Heil...
      We may pretend we live in a democracy in the UK, but we certainly don't have a democratic press!
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Trying to remember the British Nazi that was such a vocal person,and he had a wife as bad as he was.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I missed one of the London 7/7 tube bombings by 24 hours. I also missed an IRA bomb by 24 hours in Birmingham in 1974. Terrorism is often "defeated" by a political solution, but with Islamic extremists I really can't see a political solution being possible. I don't think this a problem the west will ever be able to solve, I just hope that in time the moderate Muslim majority will be able to win the ideological debate. While jihadism is relatively modern, it's also the case that Islamic fundamentalism goes right back to the 7th century.
          Once a man, like the sea I raged;
          Once a woman, like the earth I gave;
          And there is in fact more earth than sea.
          Genesis lyric

Comment

With all the politics it's easy to forget the victims.
            Here is a tribute:
            Coldplay - Fix You (Live 2012 from Paris) is taken from the Mylo Xyloto TourColdplay - Fix You is taken from the album X&Y released in 2005See more videos fr...
            Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
              Trying to remember the British Nazi that was such a vocal person,and he had a wife as bad as he was.
              Oswald moseley?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post
              I missed one of the London 7/7 tube bombings by 24 hours. I also missed an IRA bomb by 24 hours in Birmingham in 1974. Terrorism is often "defeated" by a political solution, but with Islamic extremists I really can't see a political solution being possible. I don't think this a problem the west will ever be able to solve, I just hope that in time the moderate Muslim majority will be able to win the ideological debate. While jihadism is relatively modern, it's also the case that Islamic fundamentalism goes right back to the 7th century.
              The thing is, that people ALWAYS say terrorism can only be defeated by more bombings and war. In fact these things create more terrorists by giving them a reason to hate us.
              The same has been said in the past about Catholics as well as Muslims!

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                The thing is, that people ALWAYS say terrorism can only be defeated by more bombings and war. In fact these things create more terrorists by giving them a reason to hate us.
                Sure, but that wasn't what I was saying, so....?
                Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by Porpoise View Post
                  Sure, but that wasn't what I was saying, so....?
                  Er... so the bit about you not seeing that a political solution was possible meant...?

Comment

More rubbish?...
                    Refugees-out-of-control

I think it would be difficult to fake this, how about you?
                    The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                    I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Daesh is not a terrorist organization. It's a wannabe state that uses terrorist tactics. Nations die just fine via warfare. The forces currently aligned against Daesh have butchered enough of them over the course of human history. Does this mean that the entire Pandora's box of migraines surrounding Daesh can be solved with bombs alone? No. Hell, short of atomics or other monstrous methodologies, Daesh alone will be surprisingly resilient to air attack. We aren't expecting to end Daesh with bombs. The bombs are there to give an advantage to the many and sundry enemies that Daesh has made for itself by attempting to build a caliphate with rivers of blood. Skipping that point though, there are a variety of political issues that need to be solved in that region to prevent Daesh 2.0 from popping up 20 years from now and bombing runs won't fix the politics. Daesh itself though...

A basic feature of nation state is control over a territory of ones own. If all your land is under the control of a hostile nation who is setting and enforcing its laws on your territory then your status as an independent nation is somewhat doubtful. The longer your territory stays under hostile control, the flimsier said status as an independent nation gets.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Skipping that point though, there are a variety of political issues that need to be solved in that region to prevent Daesh 2.0 from popping up 20 years from now and bombing runs won't fix the politics.
                        Sure, but it's very complicated, there are lots of conflicting interests involved. It's not just the western powers, there is also Russia and more local countries, including Saudi Arabia. The problem I see is that Islamic extremism is now quite widespread, there are a lot of groups in Africa for example.
                        Genesis lyric

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
                          More rubbish?...
                          Refugees-out-of-control

I think it would be difficult to fake this, how about you?
                          It would immensely help your case if you were able to cite a source that isn't considered an absolute joke in the journalistic world and that isn't a blatant propaganda video.

Comment

I don't have a case. I know that there are good and bad in every population. I accept that people tend to genuinely want to help the underdog, but that sometimes the best help is to let them live in the life they helped create.
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I don't have a case. I know that there are good and bad in every population. I accept that people tend to genuinely want to help the underdog, but that sometimes the best help is to let them live in the life they helped create.
                              That's cool. But if you need shady websites to convey that, you might not really believe what you are saying. Just saying. Do it without crappy 'evidence'.
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The video kept crashing for me, but there were pictures they claimed are from denmark most definitely aren't. The music alone should allert you to how overdramatic it is. Yes, we have a lot of refuees lately. But it's not that bad. Most of them are very peaceful. Denmark has 'trouble' with a VERY SMALL group of muslims openly wanting sharia. The rest roll their eyes at them and move on. The police keeps an eye on them. All very peaceful.
                                But really, don't trust every 'news' story about how terrible the situation is in europe. There's a lot of propaganda out there.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...