This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Dear mother of gawd, I finally finished that Blackout audiobook. It was amazing!

Now listening to Johnathan Mayberry's Code Zero!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ecological Literacy: Educating our children for a sustainable world by Michael Stone and Zenobia Barlowe
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I'm reading the Satanic Bible, by Anton LaVey.

It's about time I got into it.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          Ecological Literacy: Educating our children for a sustainable world by Michael Stone and Zenobia Barlowe
          There are times I really want your book list... it seems you come across so many really good ones.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Finally finished my audiobook The Empress Dowager Cixi. An amazing biography on one great ruler of China. This book really gave you an intimate portrait of a woman ruling a nation...when it wasn't exactly kosher for her to do so. Just amazing. From concubine to empress!

So now I'm listening to Jonathan Mayberry's Code Zero!

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
              There are times I really want your book list... it seems you come across so many really good ones.
              Lol, I'm a book worm...
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah! Finished Code Zero. Amaziiiiing! Didn't want to let it go. Sad kitty.

Now I'm starting on Mira Grant's Parasite.

Comment

I'm finally finished with At Dawn We Slept and am moving on to The Korean War.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Currently reading 'Kami no Michi' (The Way of the Kami) by Yamamoto Yukitaka, 96th Guji (High Priest) of the Tsubaki Grand Shrine.

I still have three chapters left, but it has certainly been an interesting read.

Comment

I have Game of Thrones audiobook on reservation. When it comes in expect me to take a month long hiatus from like...life. I'll probably be speaking about Dragons a lot too.

Comment

The ingredients list on a bag of sour cream and onion flavored popped wheat thins.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Ursula K. Le Guin: The Telling and Greg Cox: Weight of Worlds. I'm having a scifi period.
                          Warning: The above post may contain traces of sarcasm.

An apostrophe is the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

"Why is every object we don't understand always called a thing?" (McCoy. Star Trek: The Moive Picture)

Comment

I just finished reading Eye Among the Blind, by Robert Holdstock. Now I'm starting on No More Dirty Looks, a book about chemicals in the makeup industry.

Mostly art.

Comment

I've done nothing but scour these Word and Excel documents for the past 7 days trying to learn everything that I can about answering calls for doctors and even though I've gotten a 99% in the class I feel like I'm unprepared even though I KNOW THESE DOCUMENTS.

Seriously. Nothing but reading Word after Word after Excel after Word. Anyone got questions about KY Medicaid?
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

George R.R. Martin's Dance of Dragons
                                Pray the Gods - Fine - But keep rowing to shore.

Comment

Working...
                                X