Last Movie Watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Movie Watched?

My Afternoons with Margueritte. When it started off with the subtitles I figured I would be changing the channel soon enough, but it was a very good movie.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

V/H/S/. A "found" footage film with an interesting twist, though the plot completely disintegrates in the last 30 min. If your a gorehound or a fan of blair witch it may be worth a watch, but anyone else would probably do well to avoid wasting an hour and 20 min of bizarre short films.

Comment

Originally posted by alternatingSelves View Post
        night of the living dead. HATED the writing of the female characters (to anyone thinking "well it was made a long time ago" I'd point out the quality of the writing of female characters in a lot of silent films, like those by charlie chaplin) but loved the symbolism in each of the character deaths. and it was super cool to see the creation of zombies as we know them today, back before the term "zombie" existed
        ORIGINAL NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD SPOILERS AHEAD

I love the original Night of the Living Dead but also recognize your critique of the female characters. You've got one woman who's subservient and suicidal, one who's subservient and obedient and totally dependent, and one who's a stereotypical shrew but still subservient to her husband. I feel the women should be stronger, especially as we are shown how we tend misjudge people in the final scenes of the film - if it applies to race, it should also apply to gender. And, yet, I think there's enough good in this movie to watch it about once a year or so. I love how it offers a microcosm of human society (albeit stereotypical, andocentric human society) and how that society fails on a fundamental level due to our inherent selfishness and bad decision-making skills.

Originally posted by Chris the Bold View Post
        V/H/S/. A "found" footage film with an interesting twist, though the plot completely disintegrates in the last 30 min. If your a gorehound or a fan of blair witch it may be worth a watch, but anyone else would probably do well to avoid wasting an hour and 20 min of bizarre short films.
        V/H/S (1) SPOILERS AHEAD

I gave it a chance because I'll watch pretty much any horror movie. I'm with you; I didn't see that there was an overall coherent structure to the film, and I was surprised when it ended because it didn't feel like to story had reached its completion.
        OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
        The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
        Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

People Like Us. Watch with tissues.

Comment

Ender's Game in XD... read the book.

The movie was... fun, I guess... but rushed. The twist ending, however, kinda needed more build up. The movie was well done, but did not do justice to the book.
            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Beautiful Creatures.

Comment

The last movie I watched was Transformers w/ Shia laBouef (I think that is how you spell his name). Love the movie!
                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Last movie I watched was Total Recall with Kate Beckinsale and Colin Farell.
                  "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Ender's Game.

If you haven't read the book, go watch it. If you have, I don't recommend it. I think they took two sentences of every chapter and made a movie out of it.

Mostly art.

Comment

matilda, but only had time to watch the first half. me and my gf are going to watch the rest next time I see her

Comment

Went to "Hunger Games: Catching Fire" today - loved it! Then watched "Precious" and "The Lincoln Lawyer" on tv, neither of which I'd seen before. Good movie day all around.
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Chicago! And I'm about to rewatch spinal tap

Comment

After tourist season is over here our local movie theater closes down one or two days a month and just lets the locals come in an show their movies for free. We have a good time. The last time was a TV show (Jericho) but the time before that was 'The Electric Horseman' and 'Live Free or Die Hard'. I go mainly for the friendship.

Comment

Just saw the Madea Christmas movie - HILARIOUS!
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

3-night Supernatural marathon. Might have gotten sick from lack of sleep, but totally worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X