Last Movie Watched?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Movie Watched?

12 Years a slave. I was supposed to be moved to tears and horrified over the bad cracker ass crackers in the movie. But I was more dumbfounded by the slightly Shakespearean speak going on among the slaves. And the waaaaay too long shots of nothing going on at times.

Oh I also watched Out of the Furnace with Woodly Harrleson, Casey Afleck and Christian Bale. Slow movie. But powerful. Felt very real.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm watching the Masters of Horror series. The last one was based on a John Carpenter story and was called, "Cigarette Burns". It was good - and, so far, almost all of the short films have been good, with even a couple of excellent examples.
      OO

Book of Spirals is my author site.
      The Sentient Hillside is my blog.
      Spiral Tree is an ezine for pagans I co-founded.

Comment

The second Hobbit movie

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
          The second Hobbit movie
          Is that out already? I still do NOT understand why they've turned that teeny book into 3 movies... *sigh* Well I do - $$$ but still.
          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
          Seen the desert and the birds
          You cut your hair short
          Like a shush to an insult
          The world had been yelling
          Since the day you were born
          Revolting with anger
          While it smiled like it was cute
          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
            Is that out already? I still do NOT understand why they've turned that teeny book into 3 movies... *sigh* Well I do - $$$ but still.
            That was my initial feeling too, spread it out for more income. And I still think it's a valid suspicion, but I really like how they spaced it out and inserted eye candy. Made for a nice day out with the hubby.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
              That was my initial feeling too, spread it out for more income. And I still think it's a valid suspicion, but I really like how they spaced it out and inserted eye candy. Made for a nice day out with the hubby.
              Eyecandy? Well that settles it!

RIP

You cut your hair short
              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

This thread reminded me about how movie (and even TV) lame I am...I haven't watched either in at least a month and i don't even know what's new these days >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
                  This thread reminded me about how movie (and even TV) lame I am...I haven't watched either in at least a month and i don't even know what's new these days >_>

Lili, I for one, don't find that "lame" at all. I lean the other way with that, really, pretty much saying that tele and cinema addicts are lame.

Then I'm reminded of things that I do, in fact, watch. And suddenly I'm ashamed. Humbled, even. But, what's wrong with seeing George Carlin's HBO specials time and time again? Or Eddie Izzard's. John Pinette's, as well. And any one of over a dozen Discovery or NOVA shows, on the science of tornadoes, the events in Hiroshima or the catastrophic impacts in the universe, the solar system and, ultimately, the Earth. And...

K. I'm an addict. I admit it.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Since I've been off since Wed and don't go to work till Sunday..I'm a movie watching machine. Ok, not all movies. Youtube has awesome documentaries from tv. Finished up a doc on Caligula. Then finished one on Nero starring Micheal Sheen. That was actually pretty awesome. Now watching The first Emperor of China. I just keep clicking and clicking.

My brain feels smarter already.

Comment

Babylon 5.

I got seasons 1-5 for myself for Xmas. I'm driving K'Roe nuts...
                      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Rush Hour 3
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Followed up the documentaries on rulers with a doc on the black plague. Followed up with a doc on Vampire burials in Ireland. And finally a doc on the Mariana trench and the omg awesome fishies that live there!

Comment

Just finished watching Django Unchained and I really, really enjoyed it. I am now watching The Adjustment Bureau. So far it's ok it but the whole 'doing it for love' story isn't really working for me.
                            http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Gonna watch Baraka tonight with my Mama. I've already seen it, but I'm excited to share it with her :bounce:

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Followed up the documentaries on rulers with a doc on the black plague. Followed up with a doc on Vampire burials in Ireland. And finally a doc on the Mariana trench and the omg awesome fishies that live there!
                              What's the name of the documentary on vamp burials? Sounds right down my alley.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                Where do you get all the docos from? I should watch more docos.

RIP

You cut your hair short
                                Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment