This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Today is my last day at this painful job.

Comment

When I sat down at my desk this morning after breakfast, I saw that Hulu has posted the latest Project Runway AND new episodes of the McFarlane cartoons!

Comment

I freaking love yard sale shopping. Today I got an armful of kids' clothes, a computer monitor, keyboard and printer, and a fireplace screen for under $20. All the computer equipment (everything but the CPU) was $4. Nuts.

Comment

> Finding out there isn't a backside to a worksheet < makes me smile!

Comment

What makes me smile? My dogs (aka children) Sabrina and Wally when they are playing with each other.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

A good tune!! LA MUSICA LA MUSICA!!

Comment

The smell of beef stew on the stove! IS IT DONE YET?

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                  The smell of beef stew on the stove! IS IT DONE YET?
                  Sounds good. I love my dad's Hungarian Paprikash. Mmmm!
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I can hear the birds singing in the trees outside my window.

Comment

Vincent is learning new things so fast. I am so proud of him!
                      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

my dear, dear friend being a total sweetheart and helping me with my mental shenanigans when I was in a really bad place this morning. I seriously have the best friends ever <3

Comment

The day is almost over!

Comment

I've got a new friend!! I'm so excited. We've known one another for about a month, but usually we meet with the Japanese group do there's a lot of people. Yesterday, the group went to a Japanese culture festival, but only 5 of us (and 2 we saw briefly while there) were able to make it in the end. No native speakers traveled with us so only me and this girl were conversational in Japanese. It meant we spent a lot of time just chatting to one another (Not to the exclusion of others, but like.. they'd walk ahead chatting together and we'd lag behind having our own conversation in Japanese). It was so much fun and we found out we had more in common than we thought. She is from Indonesia, so I'm genuinely thinking of dipping my toes into that language. From what Heka has said, it doesn't seem to have so many traps and pitfalls as Japanese and a lower vocabulary. I just don't think she'd be too impressed if I asked her to speak to me in Indonesian. She is obsessed with Japanese and although her English is near-perfect (and she handles the strong Newcastle dialect well!), she just wants to speak Japanese as much as she can. She never expected to come to England and be getting regular Japanese practice (by coincidence, one of the girls she's living with in dorms, happens to also speak Japanese as a second language!!), so is naturally thrilled to have found our little group.

I'm hoping to hang out with her more between meetings. I'm just not looking forward to when she leaves Newcastle to follow her dream of living in Japan one day... my friends always end up leaving eventually. (T-T).. but for now.. hooray for new friends!! \(^o^)/
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I KNOW WHAT THE FOX SAYS!!!

(concerning everyone who also listened to Ylvis - The Fox and is now wondering what noise a fox really makes)

Comment

I have been worried about my cousin all week - she had a pseudoseizure and has only slowly been remembering who everyone is - and I just happened to run into her and her mom today. She pointed me and my husband out and said, "I know them!" It was KILLING me not knowing if she would remember me or not! I'm so glad!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X