X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by kijani View Post
    I. Got. A. Job.

A job at which I can wear athletic apparel to work.

Including but not limited to sweat pants... And other super comfy workout attire.

That makes me smile, for sure!
    Gonfriggingradulations!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

A free app that gets around some headaches that I've been having on my phone.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I've been looking for another fiction series to get absorbed in and I think I finally found one! I don't know what to do in those spaces between good books.

Comment

I have lots of book suggestions, if you need any.

Also, I'm happy that I'm getting very good at setting stuff down -- instead of carrying around worries and stress, I just tuck them away and stop wasting energy on stuff I can't control anyway.

Comment

I was asked for ID in the supermarket today (well, yesterday now: nightshift makes time confusing). I'm still buzzing from it. After how down in the dumps I've been over how old I've started looking, that was such a refreshing confidence boost. Maybe my new skin-care routine has been more effective than I was expecting (or maybe the shop assistant was short sighted and couldn't see the lines ^^).
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Went to the Goodwill store today with a friend. I scored a very new heather grey dressier sweatshirt/sweater with pockets. Cute. More upscale then a sweatshirt. Classy like a nice sweater. $5.99!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The Kansas City Ballet is performing Prokofiev's Cinderella, and I bought my mom and I two front row, balcony seats for a Sunday matinee.

P.S. IT'SFUGGINPROKOFIEVOMG!<3 The only ballet I've wanted to see for years. Only heard it, never seen it. Favorite music of all time PLUS THE DANCING? -dies-
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Coffee and chocolate

Comment

The fact that I finally found an awesome Apartment...On top of that the Renter called me this afternoon confirming that I am 'the chosen one' (lol) to rent this pretty place. YAAAAYYYYYYYY That tots made me smilez today!!

Comment

My brother and his wife, who have a son and daughter who will turn 3 in July (twins) are expecting another set of twins in June.

They're freaking out a little.
                      "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

The fact that I finally have a job that can grow into a career, despite me having almost no education except my grade 12 diploma. Trying to make it since having baby girl as a teen, doing good and it makes me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                          My brother and his wife, who have a son and daughter who will turn 3 in July (twins) are expecting another set of twins in June.

They're freaking out a little.
                          I can completely understand. I'm still freaking out that I'm going to have three children under the age of 5 (actually, just a couple of months shy of having them under the age of 4, come to think of it).

- - - Updated - - -

My daughter has ripped the bandage off her hand so many times since her burn. I've had so much practice re-wrapping it that I can have it done in record time.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                            I can completely understand. I'm still freaking out that I'm going to have three children under the age of 5 (actually, just a couple of months shy of having them under the age of 4, come to think of it).

- - - Updated - - -

My daughter has ripped the bandage off her hand so many times since her burn. I've had so much practice re-wrapping it that I can have it done in record time.
                            This entire interaction makes me smile....that I'm not pregnant.

Comment

Season 1 of Signing Time is on Netflix.

The kids are excited.
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

I might ACTUALLY catch up on the show before Day of the Doctor!

(Oh, I should add that we won't be watching it on Saturday because we have tickets to a screening at an IMAX on Monday night, so we'll have the weekend to finish Series 7.)

Comment

Working...
                                X