This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I'm making more on-line peeps on my booklikes site. I like that it's small and the only people I'm following are all horror dark book lovers. I get so many recommendations on books to add to my Planning to read list. Plus they like my audiobook reviews. I feel very nerdy there when we post library memes and stuff.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I just voted in the Scottish referendum, came out with a big smile on my face.

Comment

...makes me smile?

Feeling no pain.

You wouldn't believe the size of the smile, I bet.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

My 70-pound dog makes me smile. She thinks she should be able to hop into my lap just like my cat does. (And I tell you, it's a bit frightening when she goes to jump on me, her being so big.) And she's so cute I can't just make her get down. So I sit in my chair with my big heavy dog on my lap, petting and loving on her.

She's my 70-pound baby.

Comment

I 'officially' accepted the transfer position. But of course it's now like in maybe November! But at least I'm in!
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              I 'officially' accepted the transfer position. But of course it's now like in maybe November! But at least I'm in!
              Weeeee!!!!!!
              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
              Seen the desert and the birds
              You cut your hair short
              Like a shush to an insult
              The world had been yelling
              Since the day you were born
              Revolting with anger
              While it smiled like it was cute
              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

My cats make me smile. Especially now that the little one is getting comfortable here and starting to show he loves us. Headbutts for everyone.

Comment

I wanted to get up this morning and go for a run. I've been wanting to add morning cardio for ages, but yesterday hubby said he wants to do it too. So I set an evil 6am alarm in the kitchen and got my gear ready.

I woke up this morning at 5.30! Got up just before 6, in time to turn the evil alarm off before it came on, and I did a run!!! Not a long one, but I did it! I was out of the shower and eating breakfast at the time I usually get up. I even had time to wash dishes.

I need to maintain this! I feel good!!! yay!!!

RIP

You cut your hair short
                  Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

I love it when kitty wakes up with the expression your not petting me why.

Comment

It's finally Mabon. I am so not a summer person.

Comment

Oven roasted okra is so yummy!

Comment

I went to harvest wild herbs and fruit today and harvested some herbs from my garden. Out in Berlin's parks, I got hops, field sage, and a bag of apples. I also got a ton of edible chestnuts, but I checked and they're not quite ready yet. I read that if I leave them out, they might ripen, so I'll try that. I found a great blackberry patch, but it was done already. If I ever move back here, I'll know for next time...otherwise, there are a ton of blackberries where I'm moving. I'll have to find apples, cherries, plums, and herbs.

Overall, it was a great way to spend the afternoon. I was gone for three hours, got some fresh air, and got some nice things to feed myself and H. I also met a woman while I was picking apples who liked to do the same things and we had a nice chat. You meet interesting, kind of eccentric people when you do things like forage, but they're always like-minded people. We exchanged numbers and might set off together at some point. She knew a lot about things that grow in the area (way, way more than I do), so I think I could learn something from her.

My apartment smells like hops (wow, hops smells strong. No wonder it's the most popular ingredient to flavor beer), sweet woodruff, mint, and sage.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            I went to harvest wild herbs and fruit today and harvested some herbs from my garden. Out in Berlin's parks, I got hops, field sage, and a bag of apples. I also got a ton of edible chestnuts, but I checked and they're not quite ready yet. I read that if I leave them out, they might ripen, so I'll try that. I found a great blackberry patch, but it was done already. If I ever move back here, I'll know for next time...otherwise, there are a ton of blackberries where I'm moving. I'll have to find apples, cherries, plums, and herbs.

Overall, it was a great way to spend the afternoon. I was gone for three hours, got some fresh air, and got some nice things to feed myself and H. I also met a woman while I was picking apples who liked to do the same things and we had a nice chat. You meet interesting, kind of eccentric people when you do things like forage, but they're always like-minded people. We exchanged numbers and might set off together at some point. She knew a lot about things that grow in the area (way, way more than I do), so I think I could learn something from her.

My apartment smells like hops (wow, hops smells strong. No wonder it's the most popular ingredient to flavor beer), sweet woodruff, mint, and sage.
                            This makes me smile. I keep meaning to investigate if this is possible here in Adelaide. I know a few great spots for enormous field mushrooms, but that's about it. Pity I don't eat mushrooms! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

This makes me smile. I keep meaning to investigate if this is possible here in Adelaide. I know a few great spots for enormous field mushrooms, but that's about it. Pity I don't eat mushrooms! lol
                              Theres mushrooms on the school oval.....?

RIP

You cut your hair short
                              Revolting with anger

- J. Wylder

Comment

Coming back to Pagan Forum and catching up on everything I have missed.... It's been a busy, but positive, year and I feel like I've rediscovered my sanctuary
                                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X