X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Originally posted by Arella View Post
    Have you all seen those new Nestle Delightfulls baking chips? They're baking chips with fillings. The fillings are mint, peanut butter, caramel, and cherry. I'm not sure about the mint, and I'm not going anywhere near the cherry, but I'd definitely take the peanut butter and caramel. We just got them in at the store I work at and they're about the same size as regular baking chips.

I wouldn't mind using the peanut butter ones in a chocolate chip or peanut butter cookie recipe. That would be pretty yummy.
    Might be a 'merican thing. I haven't seen them in Canada, but neat idea!

Mostly art.

Comment

One of my mom's kittens is about three feet away, sleeping in my laundry basket and purring away. How can I not smile at that?
      Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
        The Christmas Markets opened yesterday! I haven't been yet, but I'm going to the first of the season tomorrow!

Also, I bought an advent calendar today. It's soy-free (I'm allergic), fair trade, and organic!
        Yaaay! Xmas markets! !
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

The Mysterious Case of 100 Missing Brains https://www.yahoo.com/health/the-mys...246693017.html This strikes me as funny on multiple levels.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            The Mysterious Case of 100 Missing Brains https://www.yahoo.com/health/the-mys...246693017.html This strikes me as funny on multiple levels.
            I haven't read the article yet, but they MUST be talking about where I work. Nope, not too many brains to be found here ...

Comment

I picked up my new glasses today. I DEFINITELY needed new glasses!

Comment

You know it was time for new specks when you say "I had no idea that was there"
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Finally was able to put the flooring down in our bedroom today. Took 4 hours and I pulled my bad shoulder. But it's done, and it looks better, and it's safer for our lungs than the concrete floor covered in some industrial strength adhesive that will not come up for wire brushes or super-strength adhesive remover.

Comment

I made a realization, with the help of a new friend at work. We have been talking about all sorts of things, but today he was asking me about my visit to see my wife and part of that discussion drifted over to the topic of children. Now, my wife and I have discussed it, and we've decided that we are not going to actively have any kids, but that if it were to happen, that it would be great. We both agreed that we are a little selfish, and enjoy being able to stay up late, sleep in, go out to eat whenever, play video games for hours, etc, and that these loves of ours would suffer. I mentioned this to my friend, and he laughed, and said that he understood, then the conversation moved on.

I spoke about how much money I had spent on my trip, and that led me to start thinking. I didn't spend money on fancy dinners, movies or shows, booze, or any of the usual things that many people would assume someone would in such a situation. Instead, it was spent on groceries to fill her fridge and freezer to near overflowing, gas to go visit her family (some of which she hadn't seen in a while herself) and to take her niece to the doctor, boots and sweaters for her for the winter (and some pants), holiday clothes and a few presents for said niece, a spice rack (filled with spices), a massive bag of food and litter for her cats, and one nice evening out to an all you can eat sushi restaurant.

Growing up, I could say that I had been privileged, though not wealthy, by any means. I never wanted for anything, and even now while some months are tougher than others, if I get a craving for something, I just stop at the store on the way home and pick it up without worrying about it. Not everyone has been and is so lucky. I saved up for months and worked as much overtime as I could get just so I would be able to do this for her. I didn't do it because I was trying to "buy" her, or wanted to show that I could afford it. I did it because I wanted to share that feeling of freedom that comes with not having to worry for a little bit, I wanted to give to her a little bit of peace of mind, a moment to be able to catch her breath.

As I explained all of this to my friend, he looked at me and laughed. When I asked him why, he shook his head. "You told me that you were selfish. What you were just saying is absolutely everything BUT selfish."

And that made me smile. Because I realized that he was right, and in talking about it I realized that I was able to give to my wife all of those things that I had hoped to.

Comment

Reading that made me smile
                      You remind me of the babe
                      What babe?
                      The babe with the power
                      What power?
                      The Power of voodoo
                      Who do?
                      You do!
                      Do what?
                      Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I FINALLY got my promotion offer in my e-mail today! Accepted it. I have a month to move my 401K to this job. I also found out that means I can open and close the store all on my own. I didn't realize I am now an actual FULL TIME member of management! It's been over 8 years since I've been officially full time. Feels nice.
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Starts singing "Moving on up to the east side,finally got my piece of the pie"...
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            I FINALLY got my promotion offer in my e-mail today! Accepted it. I have a month to move my 401K to this job. I also found out that means I can open and close the store all on my own. I didn't realize I am now an actual FULL TIME member of management! It's been over 8 years since I've been officially full time. Feels nice.
                            Congratulations! Long overdue!
                            I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                            Tribe of my Tribe
                            Clan of my Clan
                            Kin of my Kin
                            Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                            And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Congratulations!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Congrats, Medusa!
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X