This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I'm working on making a little video for the people of TinyKittens.Com. I don't really have the money to donate right now as much as I'd love to, but this is a bit of something that I can do to show my support for the things that they stand for and provide. Up until recently, it was just something I logged into to get a smile from looking at the kittens, but with the recent addition of the little handicapped kitty, I've realized that it's so much more than that, and I'm seeing just how much the site and what they do means to people.

Comment

So remember my forklift fail? Well today a customer came in asking for the exact same red glossy huge ass roller cart. It was at the top of the bay just like the other one. And there was no Josh or Alex to drive the forklift to get it down for me.

So I did it all myself! I didn't crash into anything! And I even loaded it correctly on to the customer's pick up truck. Thank Gawd that day I failed I then had the gumption to finish watching Josh load it up. And his instructions really helped me out.

Yay! Not a loser!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Forklifts are easy peasy once you get used to them, Medusa - good for you They can be so tough because they aren't intuitive at first.

Being only a few hours away from finishing Pride's fiscal year end paperwork. This makes me smile SO MUCH.

Mostly art.

Comment

The sense of power when you can turn the volume down on a Youtube video where the tuber gets a bit too excited.
          baah.

Comment

I let myself start two new notebooks yesterday. For those who don't know, notebooks are somewhat of a fettish of mine. I honestly think my addiction to studying has way more to do with needing an excuse to use stationary, than it has with a desire to master a complex skill.

So, I finished the 3rd year spring-summer textbook a few weeks back, and after much thought, I've decided to skip to 4th year autumn-winter, so I can go straight to 5th year next spring, and hopully start reading grown-up texts by the summer. Starting a new textbook just felt like the perfect excuse to start new notebooks (and one was almost filled anyway.. the other pprovided scrap paper for writing practice!).

I realise this sounds dull as hell to most people, but to me this is heaven! They have owls on, and match my note pad and pens... They.. they match!! They're very pretty and they match... And...

Okay, okay... I'm done here. Promise...
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

^I feel you. Notebooks rock!
              (My handwriting doesn't but that's another story.)
              baah.

Comment

^I feel you. Notebooks rock!
                (My handwriting doesn't but that's another story.)
                Sadly, I have the same problem! I compensate by using different coloured pens, organising my notes into little boxes where possible, and decorating pages with stickers so it still looks nice.

You're all so lucky I'm at work, because had I been at home, I'd have probably shared images!
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

The sight of Medusa driving a forklift ... Something to smile about ...
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    You're all so lucky I'm at work, because had I been at home, I'd have probably shared images!
                    Pics please!!
                    baah.

Comment

As someone who has struggled to lose weight since my teens, I'm finding little things about the process that make me smile in a big way. Like, finally being able to see my wrist bones, or being able to sit cross legged comfortably. Getting closer to being able to cross my legs all lady like... These are tiny steps but are so huge for me.

Big grins!
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Making books with the local group :-D
                        She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Things that are great about having dreads:
                          - I don't have to brush my hair anymore (I hated brushing my hair)
                          - When I put it up in a bun, it's always a perfect messy updo
                          - I don't have to worry about it getting tangled (in fact, I want that!)
                          - More volume (actually, this part is a little ridiculous)
                          - I started them because I don't have anyone to look nice for anymore, and I don't have a reason to care about my appearance...but what is actually happening is that I haven't been this happy with my hair in years. I think they really suit me.
                          - I get to ask cute girls to make me decorations for my hair

Mostly art.

Comment

The good folks on this board make me smile.
                            You all go from your very sincere side to recreational at the drop of a comment.
                            I have only been here a short time but I am feeling more at home all the time. (and for an old witch that is saying a lot!)
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Pics please!!
                              Red rag to a bull! It would be my pleasure to share pictures of my stationary! ^^

Here they are in all their matching glory (great horned owl is one of my spirit helpers, hence the owl theme);

And here is what I meant about decorating the pages to compensate for my scratchy handwriting (my English handwriting is equally poor);

(I've only just noticed I've written that Japanese letters are organised into 3 sections, then gone on to list 4.. maths was never my strong point).

As you can see, the old book had a margin, which gave me less space to write my notes. The new book doesn't have though, so I have a larger space at the bottom to annotate the main text, as you can kinda see here..

My photobucket account is nearly all photos of alters and notebooks/textbooks. That's probably me in a nutshell right there!

Comment

My sister is thinking about maybe getting a new puppy or perhaps a kitten!!!
                                I live with her, so it's sort of like getting a new puppy or kitten for myself as well without the added costs

Comment

Working...
                                X