This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I was away from the shelter for a while. When I returned, one of the older cats, who had been moved so I really hadn't seen her in some time, kept meowing at me until I paid attention to me. It was nice to know that not only did she remember me, but she wanted me to pet her (she's a little stand offish).
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I got my bike today. Rode it home from the bus (first time I ever put a bike on the bus and I failed miserably. I dropped the bike and couldn't get the latch to close. I was so embarrassed. Then the second bus was gone so I rode home (which was fine since it was 5 minutes up the back way. It's seven gears and I'm pretty much living in gear 3 forever. But I figured how to use them since it's all on one handlebar. I just didn't realize how awkward hand brakes are. I feel very out of control. And I figured out don't use the front brake first or you start to go flying over the bars! But thankfully the quick ride home was easy. I also was able to use my old basket for the new one. But I'm still thinking about getting a back basket so I can do groceries for reals.
      It's the best of both worlds, a comfy cruiser with gears. My bottom approves of the seat.

bike.jpg

Also it's pink. now to get sparkles put on.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4943[/ATTACH]
        Pretty!!!
        I love cruisers; they look so happy and summery, and best of all, comfy!
        I have one too, but mine only has one gear and its a cream color.

Comment

I was recently promoted at work, which was awesome I'm now a store supervisor with the plant nursery I work for; we supply one of the major box stores with plants on most of the east coast. The new position was in Virginia, so I had to move, which was weird for me as I've been living with my sister for quite a while now. Also, for the first time, I make enough now that I'm able to live without a roommate! I found a family that's renting their basement apartment out to me. It's really nice and super huge; the appartment is completely closed off from the rest of the house and has a separate entrance so I essentially live alone with my dog now. Sometimes the quiet gets to me and I do miss my sister and my sister's dog, but it's so nice to have so much space I want to redo my altar to something bigger now that I have the space too!

Comment

"When you're in dire straits you have to use all the tools available to you," Missouri's top public defender said after appointing the governor to the case of a man accused of assault.

Okay, the situation sucks but this particular public defender has one of the most hillariously awesome ways to make a point ever. I wish him luck.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Ah yeah...found a digital food scale for $8.99 with free shipping. No more converting all my foods and going nuts. Just gonna weigh it all.

Comment

My sister and I are going to get together this Sunday and either see a movie or do a 'paint nite' (it's this thing where you go to a restaurant and eat or drink or neither and paint a picture by copying an inspriation peice they hang up). Can't wait! It's funny, before it wasn't a big deal when we'd go and do something, but now that we don't live together, it feels more special

- - - Updated - - -

Also, another smile worthy thing, I just figured out what was wrong with my spell check on my chromebook! So hopefully my posts will look a bit better now

Comment

I have successfully used myfitnesspal every day to keep me on track of my eating. I have found that when I eat the right stuff, I can sure have a lot of it.

Also I've successfully created my own weekly meal planning to go with my work shifts. I don't have to figure out what to eat and choose the easy fast food on the way home route any more. Of course my lunches are all exactly the same meal for the week. Thankfully I like what I'm gonna be eating. Lol. My breakfasts are all the same as well. I have two choices for dinner based on the time I get home. And I'm good with that.

easy baby steps...easy baby steps.

Comment

Had to look up Myfitnesspal,and good to have if you need to watch your diet. I have a funny taste for mustard on my eggs...I know,even my daughter kinda went uggh when I mentioned it to her. I do grey poupon ,but also just plane yellow mustard,or like gludens a spicy little one.

I do have a few weird food things going on...
                    Last edited by anunitu; 07 Aug 2016, 20:08.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Y'know.. this is weird but 100% true.. I came to PF about an hour ago to write a rant about that very same app! I started using it again to help me remember to eat enough (because I'm dancing.. a lot..), and having never used it to maintain my weight before I'm finding it really annoying.

Then I saw Medusa's post and was all. 'Read the air Jem.. come back later...'

This is the smiley place though, so here's my smiley thing...

There have been unverified sightings by ground staff and dog walkers of roe deer in the cemetery near my home. We do have them in a neighbouring wildlife park, and up around Gosforth racecourse, so it's not impossible. I actually hope it's true because butchered deer have been found (head and skin but meat gone) near Gosforth racecourse. It appears people are hunting them with dogs (they're protected here so this is totally NOT okay). The cemetery is locked up at night and has the added security of being surrounded by houses on most sides so will be a great haven for them if this proves to be true. Too bad I only use the cemetery when it's busy so probably won't spot them myself.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Jem, I've been using myfitnesspal a while. What's making it annoying for you? I kinda of use it to plan my food the day before so I know what I can eat the whole day. Then I don't have to worry about tracking till that night. I go back and see if I strayed off from my menu or not. I also make 'my meals' in there so I just add like bacon and eggs meal and it adds all my foods at once etc.

Comment

I was trying to add custom meals because I tend to throw together a large variety of food in a single meal and it's annoying to have to input every last tomato each time. But it was insisting that I input the serving as cups or whatever. I just wanted to add 'a bowl'. I know how much of everything goes into my edamame spaghetti curry. I know it is 443 cals.. because every time I eat it I have to punch in edamame spaghetti, chopped carrots, curry powder, soya chunks, poached egg, spring onion and broad beans. Every single time.. I don't know how many cups that is, or fluid Oz.. it's just a bowl of stuff that makes the hungry feeling gone for a few hours.

Then if that's not annoying enough, I keep getting messages telling me I'm having too much carbs or fat. I'm like.. 'you can shove your Atkins up your arse mate'. My 'carbs' are largely things like couscous, quinoa sweet potatoes, wholemeal sandwich thins and muesli.. I was told off for eating muesli!! For the fat actually! It was Alpen no added sugar and I use a little oriental serving bowl so it's the smallest amount (because I eat it with other stuff). My fat intake is high because I eat nuts, coconut, olives and avacados.. because I'm a vegetarian and need to eat that stuff to be healthy. It's not like I'm stuffing my face with cakes and burgers..

It's like it doesn't care about the quality of the food you eat which was fine when I was using the app to ensure my calories stayed under 1,000 a day because I was an idiot. When you just want to make sure you're eating enough calories for the amount of exercise you're doing you run into the issue of having nothing left to eat besides salad to make up those calories.
                          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I have meals that have about 5 different ingredients. I add them once and make them a meal and then never have to do it again. Or just add it under quick calories. I don't know how you are getting alerts about your carbs. I have my counts under carbs, sugar, sodium and protein. But I don't get any alerts. I just add in the night what I'm going to eat the next day. Then I eat the next day off my meal plan chart. Then I re-adjust at night. I don't want to think about everything I eat every minute of the day. I would go nuts.

My only complaint is the food comes in various measurements. And I'm also tired of converting. But I'm waiting for my little digital scale to come. It's more accurate and easier to just ounce everything in (especially since I need to actually be pretty clear with my carbs being Diabetic). But I find once I do it hard the first time, I don't ever have to do it again. Thankfully I tend to eat the same things. Don't let it frustrate you. Just use the parts you need and ignore the rest.

Comment

Marching band practice has started, and the kids March on the road in front of my house. Call me crazy but it does indeed make me smile. Theven school has an agreement with the people of when they can play their instruments but again I don't mind. It let's me know fall has slowly started making an appearance ando i get to listen to some pretty good music.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                                I was trying to add custom meals because I tend to throw together a large variety of food in a single meal and it's annoying to have to input every last tomato each time. But it was insisting that I input the serving as cups or whatever. I just wanted to add 'a bowl'. I know how much of everything goes into my edamame spaghetti curry. I know it is 443 cals.. because every time I eat it I have to punch in edamame spaghetti, chopped carrots, curry powder, soya chunks, poached egg, spring onion and broad beans. Every single time.. I don't know how many cups that is, or fluid Oz.. it's just a bowl of stuff that makes the hungry feeling gone for a few hours.

Then if that's not annoying enough, I keep getting messages telling me I'm having too much carbs or fat. I'm like.. 'you can shove your Atkins up your arse mate'. My 'carbs' are largely things like couscous, quinoa sweet potatoes, wholemeal sandwich thins and muesli.. I was told off for eating muesli!! For the fat actually! It was Alpen no added sugar and I use a little oriental serving bowl so it's the smallest amount (because I eat it with other stuff). My fat intake is high because I eat nuts, coconut, olives and avacados.. because I'm a vegetarian and need to eat that stuff to be healthy. It's not like I'm stuffing my face with cakes and burgers.. .
                                I use an app called Lose It! It saves meals for you so you can add the same meal anytime. And no notifications.

Though there is probably a way to turn notifications off.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X