This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I just found out The Devin Townsend Project is coming to Lawrence. I must find the money or other means to get to this concert. *rollsaroundfoamingatthemouth*
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Next rota is looking sweet! Sadly got no overtime, but I know there are shifts to cover, if I decide I'd like some extra hours. Dunno though, only working one night in 8 is pretty awesome!

I'm also the proud new owner of 3 more Japanese books, including the workbook for JBP III that I should have ordered weeks ago! Can't wait to get stuck into it.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Watching my youngest daughter graduate from high school...
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          Watching my youngest daughter graduate from high school...
          That's awesome! Congratulations
          [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
            That's awesome! Congratulations
            Thanks! We just got back. When a teacher has a kid graduating, they let us go up on stage and hand him/her the diploma. It's very nice!
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks! We just got back. When a teacher has a kid graduating, they let us go up on stage and hand him/her the diploma. It's very nice!
              Now THAT^ is way cool! And makes me smile BIG time! Plus, Congrats!!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

How neat!! Well congrats to her, and you of course
                sigpic

Comment

He he... Now we pack her off to college and have an empty nest...

For the first time in 23 years.

Comment

I'm back :P
                    I've only been away a week or so! Bet no one missed me

BUT I'm smiling because I may well be doing a themed exhibition later on this year. Themed around tea, and cakes and sheer indulgence and gluttony! Sort of Alice in Wonderland etc almost!
                    So with my current debut solo art exhibition finishing in two weeks I may well be working towards my second! Which is going to be themed! I'm so excited! x
                    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
                      I'm back :P
                      I've only been away a week or so! Bet no one missed me

BUT I'm smiling because I may well be doing a themed exhibition later on this year. Themed around tea, and cakes and sheer indulgence and gluttony! Sort of Alice in Wonderland etc almost!
                      So with my current debut solo art exhibition finishing in two weeks I may well be working towards my second! Which is going to be themed! I'm so excited! x
                      You loose! I missed you!

Congrats on your second show as well!

Comment

You loose! I missed you!

Congrats on your second show as well!
                        Aww *HUGS* Thank you!
                        It's still very much in the works but it's very exciting and at the moment very likely to happen! The people I was talking to about it were really into it and supportive of the idea! And it would be sheer indulgence for me! And such a challenge! x
                        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Go Kimmie!

I had a good nights sleep last night for the first time in months. This makes me a happy girl.

Mostly art.

Comment

My sunflower plants are now 3 feet tall and I think are going to bloom soon. I can't believe that I actually helped something grow.... me... Hell I could kill an air fern.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ottawa is the shit. This makes me happy.

Mostly art.

Comment

^ I once had a friend from Ottawa. He was really cool but I lost touch with him and as I forgot his second name, I was never able to look him up! He was one of the folk that made me really want to live in Canada one day. I've adored almost every Canadian I've met. I'm sure Canada has it's fair share of assholes, but it sure sends its finest civilians off to show the world how great they are!
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X