This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Watching El-Baradei on TV talk about Egyptian politics. It's a nice change from all the filth we're up against. For a second there, you forget all the corruption and you are filled with hope. Oh well...
    [4:82]

Comment

I got a $50 tip from one customer tonight!
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm on vacation until September!
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          I'm on vacation until September!
          Why does that put me in mind of the song Mother Freedom, by Bread?

And that song makes me smile, every time I listen to it.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I haven't had a CD player for years and have been playing all my CD's either on my PS3, or my old broken laptop. Neither of these allow me to listen to CD's as I'm falling asleep, which is something I used to like to do.

Well, yesterday morning, I treated myself to a Tesco value 'boom box' and I am absolutley delighted with it. I fell asleep to a nice meditation CD and when I woke, I chilled on the futon while listening to the CD from Japanese for busy people III. Well, part of it, that CD is nagaaaaaaai (long).

£15 well spent!
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Tchaikovsky, I listen to his music every day. as soon as i come home from work i being listening to Tchaikovsky and even on my walks.

Comment

I hit 150 fans on my art page

Hellllllll yeahhhhhhhh

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I finally sold some stuff in my etsy store! I was starting to feel very discouraged with life in general, so this was exactly what I needed.
                  my etsy store
                  My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                  surrounded by plush, downy things,
                  ill prepared, but willing,
                  to descend."

Comment

I love Mondays! It's my day off! Yay. Back to my regularly scheduled work shifts!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Last exam all done 10 weeks of chilling and doing nothing!
                      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I finally found a Japanese language learning forum that isn't a bunch of angsty anime fans or intermediates overestimating their skill level and trying to one-up everyone else. They are not only humble about their abilities, but welcoming of newcomers and happy to accept feedback and suggestions. They don't make me feel stupid for being wrong, but rather proud that I at least knew enough to try!

I'm now wondering if it is possible to delete posts on PF? My dusty old grammar questions are a little pointless now. Otherwise, I'll just edit those posts.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Sounds like a pretty neat forum. What's it called?

Also, after an abysmal spring semester (c, c, c, f, f, f), I got through the summer session with two B's and raised my gpa. yay!
                          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

^ Welcome back and congrats. That's an amazing turn around! No wonder you were so busy, eek! The forum is just on about.com. There are very few active members, but those who are, are really helpful. You do get the trolls but those posts seem to be cleaned up quickly. The only problem is that you get a lot of posts asking for single line translations they could have looked up themselves. My favourite so far has been a guy who wrote something like, 'please tell me all of Japanese'. As though language learning is like downloading data. He thought if he knew Japanese, he'd impress the embassy and have more chance getting a visa. No one even enquired about my language skills when I got mine, so I'm not sure what he thinks happens at the embassy.

Also, have you heard of something called lang 8 or something? It's amazing. You write a blog in your chosen language, and native speakers correct it for you! I thought I'd give it a whirl. It might help me learn new kanji as I go along too.

Comment

My new boyfriend made me dinner last night, with dessert and everything! I haven't had a guy make me dinner in almost 5 years.

Comment

Really pleased for you DanieMarie! Sounds like a keeper!!

The good times just keep on rolling. JP and I now have a date for when we take over ownership of the flat! It will be the first week in September. I'm soo excited. JP bought us a table this morning, because I wanted a fold-leaf table so I could invite my mum over for sunday lunch some weekends. Having never lived with a partner (besides my first girlfriend, who was kicked out so moved in with me and my mum, so doesn't count), I never realised how amazing it feels to buy your first piece of furniture. This table will probably mean so much to us for ever now!

This also means that from September, there's a couch available for surfing, should anyone here wish to visit the North East of England with free accommodation! Offer open to any active PF members!

Comment

Working...
                                X