This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

OMG it's 1am and I'm actually sleepy! No sleeping pills tonight! In fact, I haven't had one soda today! I might be on to something here....

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Day 1 on the lanzoprazle and it already seems to be working. First time in months where I haven't felt like I was having a heart attack after food :-D
      http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
        Day 1 on the lanzoprazle and it already seems to be working. First time in months where I haven't felt like I was having a heart attack after food :-D
        That^ is just full of awesome!!

And it makes ME smile, too.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

The doctor let me go home early and I made it just in time for eating time! Not only that, but we discovered that we are neighbors. She lives on the street behind me, what are the odds!
          [4:82]

Comment

I gave my dogs a bone each and one of them just put the bone in my lap then jumped onto the sofa, snuggled into us and fallen asleep. The thing that is actually making me happy is the other dog, still with her bone, who is watching me and my partner rolling around in hysterics with the doggie version of "The-f*ck-are-you-doing!?!?!?" look. Bear in mind, both dogs are German Shepherds. Makes it all the funnier.

Comment

And...in between bouts of Diabetic empty tank syndrome...

I got my 2 paychecks today. I have more money then I thought!

Comment

Mail came today, addressed too 'the occupier'. JP opened it because he's an occupier.. the look of pure delight on his face, made me smile!! Bless, we're all grown up now..
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  And...in between bouts of Diabetic empty tank syndrome...

I got my 2 paychecks today. I have more money then I thought!
                  ^This makes me smile!
                  [4:82]

Comment

Saw 7 caribou and an archeological site in the field today. Was really neat, and made up for the fact that I haven't found any worthwhile rocks in two days.

<3's the cariboose

Mostly art.

Comment

^ only seven? Oh no.. what happened to Blitzen?
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

So we ordered pizza
                        and there's this one delivery guy my mom loves, this super super cute college age guy that she always tips a lot and stuff lol
                        and our pitbull ran to the door because whenever someone comes to the door he assumes they're a friend and will want to play with him
                        and the guy went nuts over the fact that we got a pitbull, because apparently he rescues them and has one.
                        So he was like sitting there with this 72 pound pit's face in his hands and talking to him all baby talk while the dog licked him and stuff.

Cutest thing ever.

selume proferre

Comment

JP playing Grand Theft Auto and obeying driving laws.. he cracks me up!

Comment

I don't know how much of this actually made me smile. It's only later in the day that I can recognize the happy in this....
                            Last night I had a very interesting dream. It was not a nightmare in any sense. But I woke up as if the Devil himself had poked me in the back.

I was in my nana's house and there were tons of people there. It must have been some sort of celebration. I want to say Christmas. And though they weren't my real family, they represented my family in the dream. In a chair my mother sat upright. I was in her room suddenly. The one we shared together when I was 12. This was right after my father passed away and we moved in with my nana. So I was going through her dresser. It was a dresser I loved but had forgotten about in real life. And here it was...in living color. A full memory. Every drawer the same. I was going through it. Going through her things. And I looked up and saw my brother John. I said to him 'I'm going through her things as if she's dead'. And then it came to me. That she was. I said to him in the kitchen 'I haven't had any time to grieve her'.

Then I was in the living room again. And there was a bright red crocheted blanket keeping her warm. She was enjoying the party and the people. I was talking to her. She was in her 50s in my dream. Make up and vibrant. Smiling. Then she started to fade in expression. I reached to her holding her hand. 'Oh no momma, your'e leaving me!' She looked at me and said it was a nice visit mija' and then she died.

I woke up. Shout out of my bed.

I'll quote something from UltraViolet: Because these moments, as beautiful as they are, are evil when they're gone.

I'm still grateful for her visits. I'm sure somewhere in the tears I'm smiling.

Comment

^Aww that's so sweet :')

I bought my bass guitar today with all the trimmings
                              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                                I don't know how much of this actually made me smile. It's only later in the day that I can recognize the happy in this....
                                Last night I had a very interesting dream. It was not a nightmare in any sense. But I woke up as if the Devil himself had poked me in the back.

I was in my nana's house and there were tons of people there. It must have been some sort of celebration. I want to say Christmas. And though they weren't my real family, they represented my family in the dream. In a chair my mother sat upright. I was in her room suddenly. The one we shared together when I was 12. This was right after my father passed away and we moved in with my nana. So I was going through her dresser. It was a dresser I loved but had forgotten about in real life. And here it was...in living color. A full memory. Every drawer the same. I was going through it. Going through her things. And I looked up and saw my brother John. I said to him 'I'm going through her things as if she's dead'. And then it came to me. That she was. I said to him in the kitchen 'I haven't had any time to grieve her'.

Then I was in the living room again. And there was a bright red crocheted blanket keeping her warm. She was enjoying the party and the people. I was talking to her. She was in her 50s in my dream. Make up and vibrant. Smiling. Then she started to fade in expression. I reached to her holding her hand. 'Oh no momma, your'e leaving me!' She looked at me and said it was a nice visit mija' and then she died.

I woke up. Shout out of my bed.

I'll quote something from UltraViolet: Because these moments, as beautiful as they are, are evil when they're gone.

I'm still grateful for her visits. I'm sure somewhere in the tears I'm smiling.
                                Oh, Medusa, honey. That's so sweet and sad at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X