This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Just had a wondeful night. For the first time, my friends and I introduced our partners to each other. It went really well. If anything, the night just ended too soon. I can't wait for August. Once Chikae-chan has her baby we've agreed to have an italian food and wine night at our place. Can't wait!!!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Eurgh, I hate double posting (says the girl who has a thread in which she's almost the only poster ^^) but this weekend is so full of win, that I just want to shout it from the rooftops. So..

Friday: Found out we've got the okay to take over the flat and it's officially ours from August 3rd.

Saturday: Went out for traditional Japanese food with my Japanese friends and our partners. One of my friends gave me a bag of Japanese novels. I'll probably never be able to read them, but anything in Japanese script is really hard to come by here and when you do see it, it's bloody expensive, so I am over the moon with my new books! I was also really amazed to learn that even when the native speakers were talking freely to each other in Japanese, I was actually able to follow the conversation with relative ease. I'll hold onto that feeling next time I'm feeling frustrated at my lack of skill. It really felt strange because I used to only follow things said slowly and directly to me.

Also, I realised that everyone besides me liked anime. JP had the best time ever, being able to talk about his favourite subject in Japanese!! I've realised it's time to stop resisting and just go along with the crowd and become a super weebo (yeah, I know that's not the word but it frustates JP soo much when I say it wrong, that I just can't stop).. DragonBall Z anyone?

Sunday: Today is JP's 21st birthday. He was so overwhelmed when he got his presents that he cried! He has never, in his entire life, had a fuss made of him on his birthday so he's never really cared about the day. He told me all week, 'you made me like Christmas, don't think you'll stop me hating my birthday'. Haha, I win!!

Then just when you think your weekend can't get any better.. you find your favourite podcast has finally, after months of waiting, released a new show! Gonna pour a second mug of hangover cure coffee, sit back, and feast my ears..

The only way this weekend could get any better, would be if a zombie infestation broke out, although that MIGHT ruin our plans to go out for dinner tonight, so maybe it's for the best.
      Last edited by Jembru; 08 Jul 2012, 00:00.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

You know what Jembru, your enthusiasm over your happy happy joy joy makes me truly smile.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

^seconded. :-)

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

That sounds like such a great weekend jembru so nice to hear.

selume proferre

Comment

Hehehe, thanks everyone. Although it does make me somewhat insufferable at times, having such severe mood swings is great. The high times more than make up for the low times, because I get so overly excited and pleased by the smallest of things ^^

Today did take a slight turn for the worst when JP and I told his mum he's moving out. She's not happy and it looks like, just as my own mother does, she's gonna need hand outs from us. So we'll be trying to run the flat on one wage (his unemployment benefit will be stopped in October because of my earnings, which honestly aren't much above min wage), while also giving out about 200 a month to our parents.

By my calculations, WITH overtime, we'll have about 15 pounds per week left for both of us to live on. Eek.

He might find work.. I'll do spell after spell. Maybe sacrifice a chicken (an already dead, cooked and packaged one).

But today, I'm not bothered by any of that. I am getting closer to my language goals and have had a nice weekend. Money worries can wait!!

Comment

aaaaaaaand the internet is back!
                [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                  aaaaaaaand the internet is back!
                  Guess your lazy butt finally got up to pay the bill?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Guess your lazy butt finally got up to pay the bill?
                    Yep, yep. I also got a new hair cut!
                    [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                      Yep, yep. I also got a new hair cut!
                      Your mission, if you choose (you haz no choice) to accept it. Tomorrow before chat. Pic. Or Else!

Comment

The fact that the bus didn't come!
                        I was starting to get annoyed but I just started walking and got a lovely stroll out of the deal.
                        And now I don't feel bad about treating myself to the local tavern's amazing veggie nachos. ;D

selume proferre

Comment

Just talked to my best friend from home for like 3 hours. We haven't really talked much in months, so it was awesome to catch up! Kind of crazy because I'll see her in about 2 weeks anyway, but nice nonetheless.

Comment

I bought new clothes today and I'm excited. I even bought *gasp* high heels. My first pair of high heels!
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                              I bought new clothes today and I'm excited. I even bought *gasp* high heels. My first pair of high heels!
                              Practice walking in them and break them in before you wear them out of the house! Your feet will thank you

Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                                Practice walking in them and break them in before you wear them out of the house! Your feet will thank you

Good work!
                                I actually bought them because I was walking well in them. I kept them on for quite a bit of time in the store, walking up and down the isle. I'm EXTREMELY picky with shoes, which is why it's taken me 28 years to buy my first pair of heels, lol. I used to try my godmother's heels on when I was a little girl. This was not the same, but I like them a lot. They're plain but still very stylish, with the right outfit.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X