This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

Going to watch the new spiderman movie with my other half later. Today is panning out to be pretty good, so far.
    In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Chinchillas. :=):

Seeing Oshii around, again. :=):

Contemplating the proposition wherein an individual, such as myself, willfully and knowingly, participates in revisiting an ancient, colloquially, at least, yet wonderful, experience, socially and in a directorial, if regulative, capacity. :=):

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Chinchillas? i have a chinchilla!

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
          Chinchillas? i have a chinchilla!
          That's what reminded me, Orcie! I used to have one, many years ago now, and still miss that little guy something terrible. Chinchillas are simply awesome. :=):

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
            That's what reminded me, Orcie! I used to have one, many years ago now, and still miss that little guy something terrible. Chinchillas are simply awesome. :=):
            Aww.
            They are pretty great! Chasca is my baby.

selume proferre

Comment

I've never had a chinchilla, but I think they're so cute when they roll around in their little dust baths

Comment

Originally posted by Gallifrey View Post
                I've never had a chinchilla, but I think they're so cute when they roll around in their little dust baths
                Hehe yes they do this thing when they want a bath where they roll around as if they're in dust on whatever surface they're currently located and it's super cute.

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by orchestrion View Post
                  Hehe yes they do this thing when they want a bath where they roll around as if they're in dust on whatever surface they're currently located and it's super cute.
                  That really made me smile omg

Also, this picture of a cat in a scarf:

tumblr_lpqn543evY1qb1nczo2_250.jpg

Comment

^This and the wifey being day drinking, making breaktfast and lunch, saying ily an insane amount of times and then passing out, all at 5 pm.

Comment

Tomorrow is my last full day of work before I get to fly across the country to my love.

42 days straight, complete!

Mostly art.

Comment

They put me in intermediate Latin for this coming fall without me having to take elementary Latin because of my Latin awesomeness in high school. pretty psyched.
                        If only i could my career could just be "guy who's awesome at Latin".

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          Tomorrow is my last full day of work before I get to fly across the country to my love.

42 days straight, complete!

I can't even manage ONE full day (limited to less than a couple hours of physical on-my-feet activity). 42 of them?? V!?!

Good thing that's followed by some very sweet days, indeed. ::

Comment

Had a great conversation with a local coven. Really excited. Also signed up for GRE to prepare for grad school applications this fall. Excited about the future...which makes me smile.

Comment

Big thunder! Big lightning! Big huge raindrops!

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Remember I mentioned in rants that someone my company supported recently died? Well they have to throw out all her belongings because it was a council flat and the council want it to be gutted. Her family don't want it, so I've been told I can help myself to anything from curtains to furniture. I feel terrible for taking it, but it's all going to charity stores otherwise and I'm not in any position to refuse. It's a massive massive help, and so typical of the way my deities work!
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X