This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Things that make you smile

I've never heard of 'Too Cute' but I hope I can see it somehow. It sounds right up my ally too!

I'm smiling because it's my friend's birthday and she's coming over to visit us in an hour's time. She's been through absolute hell this year. I mean, serious life shattering stuff that I know I'd never be able to live through, especially with such grace and strength. She said all she wants for her birthday is some kind of skin product because she's got such terrible low self esteem and wants to feel pretty again. So JP and I clubbed together and got her a Boots No7 gift set. I don't know if you folk in the states know this range, but it's pretty expensive top end stuff. The set is on offer right now, but full price would have been 105 pounds!

I hope it cheers her up. If not, I have a plan B. I'm going to show her Ken Tanaka youtube videos. She loves Borat, so I think she'll find this guy as funny as I do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_RM8To5mjU (if you've ever spent time around Japanese people, this should hit your funny nerve, it's sooo true ^^) or my absolute favourite... learn Japanese abreviations with Ken and Remi.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDNtzMUy4vs I could watch this guy for hours!
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Finding out that Cocoa Pebbles are gluten free makes me smile!!!
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
        They are!!!!!? OMG this makes me smile too.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

What's a cocoa pebble?

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
            They are!!!!!? OMG this makes me smile too.
            Yes they are! I was seriously more excited than I think I should have been when I saw this at the store yesterday.

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            What's a cocoa pebble?
            It's a cereal.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            Sneak Attack

Comment

Thinking about going to college makes me smile. I can't wait!
              Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle. It's a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                What's a cocoa pebble?
                This makes me smile. Just something about the way you said it makes me laugh.

Comment

because they are rice, right? I don't like them myself...but I love rice crispies, so that gives me hope.

I'm trying the gluten free thing b/c of the effing mystery immune system/allergies/asthma issues that I've had for the past year. I've ruled out dairy as an issue (and TFG, I love ice cream, yogurt and egg nog), so now I'm on to gluten...I hope there's no difference (and I haven't noticed one yet) because I'll miss barley and oatmeal.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    because they are rice, right? I don't like them myself...but I love rice crispies, so that gives me hope.

I'm trying the gluten free thing b/c of the effing mystery immune system/allergies/asthma issues that I've had for the past year. I've ruled out dairy as an issue (and TFG, I love ice cream, yogurt and egg nog), so now I'm on to gluten...I hope there's no difference (and I haven't noticed one yet) because I'll miss barley and oatmeal.
                    I thought I was gluten intolerant for the longest time, but it turns out it's just wheat. Which is good, cuz I have an undying love of porridge.

Mostly art.

Comment

Yes they are! I was seriously more excited than I think I should have been when I saw this at the store yesterday.

I just figured they weren't because lots of rice cereals like Rice Crispies contain barley in the form of malt. That's the real issue with eating gluten-free: you have to learn all of the derivatives that are gluten. They've even renamed MSG to something like hydrolyzed yeast extract or something like that. Oats, though, are technically ok though usually have issues with gluten because they're processed usually with wheat.

Man, maybe I need to start a gluten-free thread.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

to descend."

Comment

Man, maybe I need to start a gluten-free thread.
                        I thought we already had one. Maybe that was the old forum. IDK, but I think that's an excellent idea!

I found this topic: http://www.paganforum.com/showthread...ht=gluten+free but it's locked. I can always re-open it, unless you think we should just start fresh? (no pun intended)
                        Sneak Attack

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I guess it depends on whether we want it solely gluten-free or if we want to include other ____-free stuff.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

to descend."

Comment

Oh I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE cocoa pebbles cereal. I loved all cereal. Until I saw the sugar content. No Bueno. Bring me gluten and no sugar please!
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Oh I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE cocoa pebbles cereal. I loved all cereal. Until I saw the sugar content. No Bueno. Bring me gluten and no sugar please!
                              I think it, you say it.. Gods love you!! Those ones you don't believe in..
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Hmmm, I'm not sure. I guess it depends on whether we want it solely gluten-free or if we want to include other ____-free stuff.
                                That can get complicated, because there's so much. Also, as someone who is part of the other -free (mostly soy and legumes) stuff, sometimes I feel that gluten-free sort of overshadows other allergies....most of them aren't so hard, but with soy you also have to learn all sorts of derivatives. They call soy all sorts of fun names.

Edit: I almost forgot why I came to this thread in the first place. I'm in love, it's sunny out, and it's getting closer to Christmas! Yay!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

You might want to consider soy as well. It's one of the most common allergies, and tends to give off more typical "allergy" symptoms, whereas gluten tends to be more intolerance (digestive) or celiac.
                                Last edited by DanieMarie; 13 Nov 2012, 04:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X