This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Confessions

I confess I am VERY pleased that Medusa didn't like Twilight. If she had become a twihard I would have died a little inside and she would have lost her cool factor
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

[quote author=FantasyWitch link=topic=182.msg19961#msg19961 date=1291542104]
      twihard[/quote]

That made me seriously lol.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I confess I ate the last hamburger bun with peanut butter this morning and since someone gave us some cake mix they aren't using, it looks like cupcakes will be the food for the rest of the day. Being poor is going to make me seriously fat.

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=182.msg20019#msg20019 date=1291565454]
          I confess I ate the last hamburger bun with peanut butter this morning and since someone gave us some cake mix they aren't using, it looks like cupcakes will be the food for the rest of the day. Being poor is going to make me seriously fat.
          [/quote]

Hun, have you guys applied for WIC? You should qualify because of your little guy, and it would help make sure that there was some nutritious food in the house. Milk, bread, beans, eggs....

I'm worried about you after that post
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=182.msg20032#msg20032 date=1291568032]
            Hun, have you guys applied for WIC? You should qualify because of your little guy, and it would help make sure that there was some nutritious food in the house. Milk, bread, beans, eggs....

I'm worried about you after that post
            [/quote]

We no longer qualify, although we did have it when we did qualify. We're in that gap now between making too much to qualify and making too little to not need it. Hopefully we'll get everything in order soon and we'll be out of debt. Tax returns should fix us.

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=182.msg20019#msg20019 date=1291565454]
              [/quote]

yeah...we had a pudding and mac and cheese day last week...

and this week I only have one egg and I'm not sure the milk will last until Friday

Very luckily, a friend of mine's hubby got a gift card for groceries for his "seasonal bonus" and they gave it to us, and I think hope there is enough on there for milk, eggs and bananas.

All of Scott's paycheck AND my VA money went to pay bills from a month of him not working preceeded by a month of him being lucky to work 2-3 days a week.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=182.msg20038#msg20038 date=1291570349]
                yeah...we had a pudding and mac and cheese day last week...

and this week I only have one egg and I'm not sure the milk will last until Friday

Very luckily, a friend of mine's hubby got a gift card for groceries for his "seasonal bonus" and they gave it to us, and I think hope there is enough on there for milk, eggs and bananas.

All of Scott's paycheck AND my VA money went to pay bills from a month of him not working preceeded by a month of him being lucky to work 2-3 days a week.
                [/quote]

I swear, by some miracle, my sister-in-law is dating someone who has his own hens, who gave us eggs. He gave us some sausage recently, too. It's been our first meat in a while!
                Of course, when I told Dark to use the change in my car to get some milk, by accident he picked up milk that expires today. So we had it for two days and used it as fast as we could! It should be okay to use for pancakes tonight, though. Maybe if we just use it for cooking it will last longer.

We'll get through it! Soon both of our families will be on more stable ground and we'll look back at this and be glad it's over.

Comment

[quote author=Raphaeline link=topic=182.msg20045#msg20045 date=1291572716]

Of course, when I told Dark to use the change in my car to get some milk, by accident he picked up milk that expires today. So we had it for two days and used it as fast as we could! It should be okay to use for pancakes tonight, though. Maybe if we just use it for cooking it will last longer.

[/quote]

If you just opened it, it should be good, even for drinking for the next few days.

The "expiration" date isn't some sort of magical talisman that means the milk isn't good :P

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

i confess a paganforum commune sounds like a good idea.

weve got so many people that need help in different ways. and its cheaper to feed people in bulk and the kids wont be afraid to be themselves. everyone helps everyone.

ok back to reality... [/dreamworld]
                    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

I confess that I am SO procrastinating on getting my butt in gear and finishing up my work for finals.
                      sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=182.msg20051#msg20051 date=1291573754]
                        i confess a paganforum commune sounds like a good idea.

weve got so many people that need help in different ways. and its cheaper to feed people in bulk and the kids wont be afraid to be themselves. everyone helps everyone.

ok back to reality... [/dreamworld]
                        [/quote]

Ah, yes...that's an idea that's been bounced around on here from time to time for as long as I can remember.

I think it would be very interesting, especially since I'm sure there are some people that I get along with online that I'd have to work out some personality conflicts with in person, and vice versa.

If nothing else, it would be a blast to figure out some fairly central location, and just camp as a group for a week or two during the summer someday. Same thing...a little shorter-term. It makes me picture some sort of outreaching network, where we have outreaching people slowly working their way in, staying at designated host member's homes and picking them up too, until we had entire caravans of people descending on the chosen location from various directions.

Yep...fun to imagine...too bad so many of us are consistently broke
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I confess, I'm currently abusing the school printer
                          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I confess I do not want to go to the Weight Watchers meeting tonight -.-
                            sigpic

Comment

I confess that the thought of my ex moving back into town makes my stomach queasy.

Comment

I confess i got my shoes!! well im waiting for them to be delivered but i finally managed to order them.

Comment

Working...
                                X