X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    Been here since 7 am, it is now 6:40 pm, and I'll be here until 8 pm.

...waiting for parents to show up for high school open house.

I'm bored. Tell me a joke.
    While it's not a joke at first, I'll tell two bad puns after the brief story.

In work the other day, a seasonal warehouse (who was hired through a temp agency) asked me if it would be alright to spray down his workbench with windex to clean it, due to there being a number of important papers laminated and stuck to the tabletop. I responded with "Sure, go right ahead, it's laminated." He stared at me with a blank expression for a moment, then said "Yo, man ... Why you gotta be like that? What the f**k does a baby sheep gotta do with it?" I returned his blank stare with one of my own, then shook my head and walked away. I wish I could make up stuff like that.

Now, on to the bad puns ...

If a little sheep were to run up and throw a plastic bag over your head, would that mean you've been lamb-inated?

and

If the same sheep got really angry, yelled at you, and threw bbq sauce all over you, have you just been lamb-basted?

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
      Cool, mtg is a good game. I advise white/blue decks for sheer trollishness but not everyone appreciates having a "Fun Police" deck used against them in casual play.
      My friends tell me blue would fit my personality best but I kinda like green and black myself. I was planning to pick up some green and white. One of my friends has a green/white deck that I happen to like so it kinda encouraged me.
      Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
        If a little sheep were to run up and throw a plastic bag over your head, would that mean you've been lamb-inated?

and

If the same sheep got really angry, yelled at you, and threw bbq sauce all over you, have you just been lamb-basted?
        Thanks - that helps

If you had a sheep on your head, and somebody yanked on it, would that mean you've had the wool pulled over your eyes?
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Thanks - that helps

If you had a sheep on your head, and somebody yanked on it, would that mean you've had the wool pulled over your eyes?
          Is the sheep bald?
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Thanks - that helps

If he started to run away, could you say that he was on the lamb?

The boy sheep said to the girl. "Wool you marry me? I only have eyes for ewe. I don't want to be only sheeps that pass in the night."

- - - Updated - - -

Is the sheep bald?
            Nope, not bald, but he did have all his money stolen by a con-man. I guess you could say, he got fleeced.

Comment

Is the sheep bald?
              Nope. It was having some trouble with male pattern baldness, but it joined Hair Club for Critters.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
              Nope, not bald, but he did have all his money stolen by a con-man. I guess you could say, he got fleeced.
              OK, that one is baa- ter.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

All my friends on Facebook keep inviting me to play Farmville, but I always have to decline. You see, I'd love to play, but my computer just doesn't have enough RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  Doc,hang in there. They do say more people quit using e-cigs. I myself am doing them now,will see how it goes.
                  Thanks Anu. Day one over here, starting cold turkey and figuring I'll get help if I need it. I'm irritable as hell and I have a headache.
                  White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                  sigpic
                  In Days of yore,
                  From Britain's shore
                  Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                  And planted firm Britannia's flag
                  On Canada's fair domain.
                  Here may it wave,
                  Our boast, our pride
                  And joined in love together,
                  The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                  The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                    Thanks Anu. Day one over here, starting cold turkey and figuring I'll get help if I need it. I'm irritable as hell and I have a headache.
                    We're all rooting for you Doc. Continual good luck to you.
                    hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                      We're all rooting for you Doc. Continual good luck to you.
                      Thanks mal, I owe you some due credit here. The picture you shared about the benefits of quitting helped me decide to do it, I keep looking at it.
                      tumblr_n6c8crOexD1sya7ceo1_500.jpg
                      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                      And planted firm Britannia's flag
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      And joined in love together,
                      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

35 resumes handed. Still no calls, no answers. I'm starting to get worried I might end up in the street.

Help?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Been here since 7 am, it is now 6:40 pm, and I'll be here until 8 pm.

...waiting for parents to show up for high school open house.

I'm bored. Tell me a joke.
                          Ew open house....
                          ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                          Seen the desert and the birds
                          You cut your hair short
                          Like a shush to an insult
                          The world had been yelling
                          Since the day you were born
                          Revolting with anger
                          While it smiled like it was cute
                          That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I have no desire to go to work tonight.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Literally in a meeting right now. They think I am taking notes. Hah.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                                Literally in a meeting right now. They think I am taking notes. Hah.
                                Lol, I'm not writing a report.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X