X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    I think I may have dislocated my knee cap. The dog ran into me while we were out running, and I felt my kneecap move to the side and I can't walk properly and it's swelling.

I'm icing it and about to take some anti-inflam and put my brace on to compress it, but...I leave for work tomorrow morning, and shy of going to emerg, I'm not seeing a doc before I leave (thanks, Sundays)
    Take care of yourself, V! First let the knee heal. Then, go to work.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
      Take care of yourself, V! First let the knee heal. Then, go to work.
      If I had an in town job, that's what I'd do. But I fly to work tomorrow morning. I can't just 'not go' unless it's a real emergency.

I'll see how tonight goes alternatively icing and compressing it. I'm gonna buy some PT tape too, for work (I know how to use it)

So far, I can't squat and I struggle going down stairs.

Mostly art.

Comment

Just don't go too hard on yourself.
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm glad it's 6pm, the sun is still out, I can see green again, and the birds are chirping.

Comment

I gained 30 pounds at dinner tonight... Took my dad and step-mom into work for his birthday, and did a tasting menu. The people I work with are amazing and wonderful!!! They sent out 5 courses plus dessert, and he loved everything he ate. They even packaged him some dessert since I ate most of one of the ones he wanted.
            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

So I was reading an article on one of my fave radio ads (read sarcastically) Kars for Kids. If anyone has ever heard the earworm of a jingle...then you know my audio pain. Anyways. I read the article about how it was actually a charity middleman for a Jewish charity that is solely for the education and spiritual needs of Jewish kids. That it doesn't hide it on their website etc. The article is about the transparancy of the charity etc. So I scroll to the bottom to see the comments. There aren't any. And here's why. They charge for comments.http://tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and...s-in-the-buckz
              Part of me thinks this is actually a good idea. Especially considering you have to know what type of ugly comments this site would get (and has gotten in the past). In fact more and more sites pretty much shut down comments all together or pick certain ones to disable. The Daily Mail does this.

And then a small part of me side eyes.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Hurray for chocolate, ya fiction and Breaking bad.

Comment

I sometimes get an urge to hide under the table and scream "I don't wanna come out! You can't make me!"... namely when I haven't been to school for a while and have to go back. Today is one of those days. I'd much rather just get a job and earn a living, but the possibility of that only gets better with an education... I feel too old to study when my classmates are still kids with no worries other than the price of beer... even if I do love learning, life as a student is getting on my nerves a bit.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                    I sometimes get an urge to hide under the table and scream "I don't wanna come out! You can't make me!"... namely when I haven't been to school for a while and have to go back. Today is one of those days. I'd much rather just get a job and earn a living, but the possibility of that only gets better with an education... I feel too old to study when my classmates are still kids with no worries other than the price of beer... even if I do love learning, life as a student is getting on my nerves a bit.

I feel your pain...when I was going back to school and using my GI bill, I was in class with all these babies...ugh. Technically they were only 10 years younger than me, but in life experience, it might as well have been 20 or 30 years...
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

^^^I started part-time grad. school at 37. It was a unique perspective!
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        I feel your pain...when I was going back to school and using my GI bill, I was in class with all these babies...ugh. Technically they were only 10 years younger than me, but in life experience, it might as well have been 20 or 30 years...
                        I'm 22, but I've studied different things for 3 years, trying to find something I liked. And I live with my SO whom I usually considder husband... most of them are 18-19... it's not much of a difference, but I always end up feeling like I'm babysitting a horde of crazy teens.
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I wish more places sold cans of soda. Other than grocery stores, only Asian places seen to carry cans anymore. 20oz of coke is too much. Anyone want the second half? It's not flat or warm.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            I wish more places sold cans of soda. Other than grocery stores, only Asian places seen to carry cans anymore. 20oz of coke is too much. Anyone want the second half? It's not flat or warm.

I save the bottles and refill to bring along. Much cheaper
                            What babe?
                            The babe with the power
                            What power?
                            The Power of voodoo
                            Who do?
                            You do!
                            Do what?
                            Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

Plus, its bad for the environment. Plastic trash kills sea turtles and albatrosses. Just say no to bottled soda!

Also straws. And bottled water. And Styrofoam.

Okay, I'm done now.

(drinks a can of diet cherry dr p)

(I luck out, we have a can vending machine at work, but mostly I buy 12 packs and put them in the minifridge in my office...that lasts me about 2 weeks)
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Drinky poo..I happen to like Fanta drinks..and found out they originated in ww2 Germany..Still like them(No caffeine) but a bit caught off guard by its history..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanta
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X