X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
    I'm looking for a 3 ring binder but fashioned like one of those old journals. You know like leather journals but instead of with paper inside it would be a binder, maybe with a belt or some kind of clasp. Even something bound in cloth would be nice. I'm leaning toward one made by Moleskine that's a paper coated cardboard, I've got a sketchbook made of the same material. It's fairly cheap while still being durable and looking good. My only problem is I'd like a 3 inch+ one and these are fairly small. Ones I've found with actual leather seem to be handmade and around $70+ and even then I don't see many with the size I want. My intention is to use the binder to make my BoS, so I'd like one that looks nice. If anyone has recommendations or advice I'd appreciate it.

What about something more like a scrapbook or a smashbook?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      What about something more like a scrapbook or a smashbook?
      I've never actually used either and I'm not sure how they work honestly. Would I be able to move papers already put into it if I wanted to rearrange things? I don't think I've even seen a scrapbook before... from what I see on google I don't think I'd like it but I'm open to considering it.
      Circe

Comment

I've never actually used either and I'm not sure how they work honestly. Would I be able to move papers already put into it if I wanted to rearrange things? I don't think I've even seen a scrapbook before... from what I see on google I don't think I'd like it but I'm open to considering it.
        http://store.scrapbook.com/kma-10758.html?t2=albums&t4=8+5x11

ETA: They also have the same thing in different colors.
        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Yup, you can move pages around.

My mom scrapbooks as a hobby, and pretty much has a "studio" stuffed with scrapbooking and stamping supplies. My first BoS was a Creative Memories scrapbook--which is what is known as a strap-hinge album. Its sort of like a binder, in that the pages are movable, but instead of the rings, they have straps that hold the pages in, and a removable cover.

__________________________________________________ ____
          haha, shahaku...I was going to link that page too!!
          Last edited by thalassa; 18 Oct 2014, 16:13. Reason: double post
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

It's a good idea and I like it. My only complaints is I'd like some kind of rope/belt or clasp to go around (is it possible to add that maybe? I guess I could use a rope drilled through the side). I definitely think there's potential in it though. I looked around on the website Shahaku linked to and found one of the colour I like but they seem a bit squarish.

edit: this is exactly what I want really, but with a bigger size since it's only 1"
            Circe

Comment

DIY book clasps:

Super fancy involved

for the rest of us

I'm a fan of the button/twine method, like you see on inter-office envelopes
              sigpic

Comment

Do we have a scrapbook thread? (I could swear we do) I know we have the BoS thread, I'm going to go stalk that now.

I like the button twine thing, gives it a rustic sort of look, but how do you keep the button on? is it just punching a hole and sewing it, but I'd think it would snap when the elastic was put around it then. Now that I know I can alter it, I can look for better binder options. I'm not sold on the scrapbook totally yet. I'm probably imagining it but the sizing seems really weird.
                Circe

Comment

Do we have a scrapbook thread? (I could swear we do) I know we have the BoS thread, I'm going to go stalk that now.

I like the button twine thing, gives it a rustic sort of look, but how do you keep the button on? is it just punching a hole and sewing it, but I'd think it would snap when the elastic was put around it then. Now that I know I can alter it, I can look for better binder options. I'm not sold on the scrapbook totally yet. I'm probably imagining it but the sizing seems really weird.
                  standard scrabook size is 12x12--scrapbooks are meant to be pic albums traditionally, but they also carry other sizes, including 8.5x11...which is normal paper size

I just sew the button on to the binding--then again, I have upholstry needles and stuff. With a sturdy button (a real button) you don't have to worry about it breaking...you just sort of wrap the twine around it them, like a figure 8
                  sigpic

Comment

Ok I took the bike out to the corner mini mart/gas station. I'm a bit wobly and don't like to go too fast. It seems the slight incline of my street I will be taking is going to kill me. So I will bike the 2 miles down the incline using a quiet side street to avoid traffic (since I'm clutzy and foresee my own death). And take the bus back home using the bike rack. It's the only way I will stay sane and just slowly get used to being on the bike at all. Also my basket won't go on without an allen wrench so I have to wait till Monday.

Also I work every day like 8 am to 7 pm. Overtime is allowed for the next week or so. Great. Not. Yeah great. Did I say not?
                    Meh. I'm pacing myself. Thankfully I'm considered experienced at Planograms so they pretty much put papers in my hand and I'm on my way..alone...the way I like it.

We are ahead on the first day so I was able to leave at 5:30 and got a ride home. The employees are growing on me and they are very nice to me.

So you might not see me or just like vaguely. I haven't died. I'm just working my tuckus off.
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

It's pretty outside. And I have coffee.

Comment

Coffee is a very good thing...
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Coffee is a very good thing...
                          Coffee may very well be the only thing that's been allowing me to function at some semblance of humanity in the mornings.

Comment

I am thinking I am so glad to be pagan,as you meet such a better class of people this way. I find people on this site to be much more enlightened and not always so uptight about life's little fun things to do.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

These little midgy bugs can f off I reckon...
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I only worked 3 hours today. And I'm spending every minute in bed. Because along with my 7 or maybe longer work schedule, I'm savoring every bit of it. Tomorrow starts the trucks delivering product. We are going to be up to our eyeballs in stuff. I just want to get my boxes, get my sections and work till I can go home. Tomorrow starts the 8am to 7pm work days.

The end.

*though I am sorta enjoying it and getting along with the people now.
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X