X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
    I am on my second glass of sangria and this is what I am thinking about ... if anyone here would be interested in me making a thread to show and talk about our pagan weddings.
    I would be...

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
    Wasn't sure if I should post this in Rants but it's a current thought, so...

I started by looking at youtube challenges, because of the flaming idiots challenge, and wandered through cinnamon challenges, tea challenges and then into baby food challenges. Somehow, after viewing about 8 of those baby food ones, I wound up being swept up in a story, a drama, about some guy, who was being mistakenly perceived as gay, some quasi-friend of his and that asshat's girlfriend, that was in the baby food challenge with the not-gay guy. Oh, and I DO mean swept up in it. Enough that I found some other mentions, did a few searches, watched a ton more videos and eventually found a set of tumblr "explanations" that ultimately revealed what I already know, about humankind.

People suck.

Manipulating others, taking sexual advantage of a person's vulnerabilities, abuse, lying, cheating, conspiring... the world is a soap opera, and we are ALL in the cast.

All that ^ from stupid kids, lighting themselves on fire. Where did the [ENTIRE!] afternoon go?
    Yep, Tumblr and YouTube are good at that.

So let's make a Pagan Forum commune in the middle of the bush already, people.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      ....probably better that I don't remember....
      Oh, shit. There is that!

Originally posted by Torey View Post
      So let's make a Pagan Forum commune in the middle of the bush already, people.
      I got a temporary one set up to begin in just, what, 7 days, here.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Make it somewhere warm and green and I'm on board.

Comment

In real life, I feel incredibly ignored. I'm a loner so I don't usually care. But dammit, I try very hard to be friends with some people.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Keep on trying to quit smoking, 3 months on the quitting wagon and I literally just fell off 5 minutes ago. I am really really down on myself and depressed right now. It seem's like its fine or not your fault or a one time thing while you're doing it, then after the fact once I realized the amount of time I was free of it and that I just ruined it, depressing.
            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
            sigpic
            In Days of yore,
            From Britain's shore
            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
            And planted firm Britannia's flag
            On Canada's fair domain.
            Here may it wave,
            Our boast, our pride
            And joined in love together,
            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Still awake. Nearly 24 hours later.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                In real life, I feel incredibly ignored. I'm a loner so I don't usually care. But dammit, I try very hard to be friends with some people.
                I know how you feel. I'm a lone wolf, but now and again, that need to make a friend can get a little overwhelming. But I don't seem to share a lot of interests with people. It always feels awkward. And people seem to have a tendency to ignore me a bit, too. It was actually pretty bad at the last place I worked. It was one of the many reasons why I finally decided to quit without having a job already lined up.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
                  Keep on trying to quit smoking, 3 months on the quitting wagon and I literally just fell off 5 minutes ago. I am really really down on myself and depressed right now. It seem's like its fine or not your fault or a one time thing while you're doing it, then after the fact once I realized the amount of time I was free of it and that I just ruined it, depressing.
                  I feel you man...I quit for 6 months last year and started up again...trying attempt #2 now (although in reality it's like, attempt #40)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  Be careful what you ask for.

I used to feel the same way...and still do to a point...only now I'm the "popular kid" at work, so I have to try to pretend like I like it and at the same time be the person they have grown to love (the one that rants about everyone and everything and how people need to grow the fuck up and do their jobs....that sort of thing).

It's a delicate balance

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                    Be careful what you ask for.

I used to feel the same way...and still do to a point...only now I'm the "popular kid" at work, so I have to try to pretend like I like it and at the same time be the person they have grown to love (the one that rants about everyone and everything and how people need to grow the fuck up and do their jobs....that sort of thing).

It's a delicate balance

I think it's the "some people" aspect.

In a more general sense, I'm really discriminating about who I bring into my inner circle of friends. But it gets awfully disconcerting when those few that are brought in don't really give a shit, at all, whether they even talk to you. My best and closest friend in the world, a biker named Soda Pop, hasn't been around my place but once, maybe twice, in the last 15 years. It's been more than 4 years since I've even seen the guy. I don't get visitors. I don't go to social functions. Any attempt at making a new friend is, often, pretty damn futile. I'd say "always" except for the fact that I've made friends on the forum, here.

No, really. All of the people I regularly talk to (you know, like more than once or twice a year) are either in this house, right now, or are members of PF. With very, very few exceptions like my social worker or a random cashier at Wal-Mart.

Comment

I've had more than one experience where someone will be my friend and then suddenly withdraw, no argument, no explanation, no questions. I really don't like that. I feel like everyone's incredibly fake lately. And, I'm sure I've posted this here before, but there was that woman who was my bff for more than 10 years who got drawn into the far right wing Christian thing and told me one day she wasn't going to talk to me any more because I wasn't in that. So there's always that "waiting for the other shoe to drop" feeling. I'll be fine, I just need to drink some wine and watch more horseracing.
                      sigpic

Comment

At least the horses are honest.

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                          At least the horses are honest.
                          Exactly! Animals are cool that way.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've had a shitty day.

Mostly art.

Comment

Why are there so many crime/drama TV shows? Why is murder and other types of crime viewed as something to be turned into a sitcom for people's viewing entertainment? I don't even care listening to the news because of all the stories about homicides and various criminal acts. I definitely don't want to watch shows about it. Maybe that's one of the reasons why people seem to be so desensitized to things like murder, because Hollywood has turned it into something entertaining instead of leaving it as the horrific act it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Arella View Post
                                Why are there so many crime/drama TV shows? Why is murder and other types of crime viewed as something to be turned into a sitcom for people's viewing entertainment? I don't even care listening to the news because of all the stories about homicides and various criminal acts. I definitely don't want to watch shows about it. Maybe that's one of the reasons why people seem to be so desensitized to things like murder, because Hollywood has turned it into something entertaining instead of leaving it as the horrific act it is.
                                Oh my thats a little heavy on the social justice side isn't it? My god it has to do with man kinds baser instincts and fascination. Two things that sell, the beginning of life (Baby shows, birth shows, motherhood shows.) And the end of life (Crime dramas, murder drama, stupid death shows, plane accident shows.) It's just the way we work. I'm glad you're advanced but it's just a part of society and in my opinion humanity, doesn't mean murder isn't bad and birth isn't beautiful.
                                White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                                sigpic
                                In Days of yore,
                                From Britain's shore
                                Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                                And planted firm Britannia's flag
                                On Canada's fair domain.
                                Here may it wave,
                                Our boast, our pride
                                And joined in love together,
                                The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                                The Maple Leaf Forever.