X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Yorin View Post
    A sound thump on the back of the head is still deserved for a string of other bs that he's pulled lately (like our entire tax return getting taken because he hasn't been paying his military credit card) and these were supposedly sent out back in December....we've even moved since then back to Ohio from Florida. It's just getting beyond ridiculous. I feel like I'm babysitting a teenager rather than being married to someone who's two years older than me.
    So long as you would be perfectly and absolutely fine if he came over and thumped you on the back of the head for forgetting to do things and making some mistakes, which is common in all human beings as far as I am aware. I'm not in your shoes, and I'm not going to try and tell you what to do, but just keep in mind that being hit by a loved one does more than physical damage regardless of the level of force actually applied...so I wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

A sound thump on the back of the head is still deserved for a string of other bs that he's pulled lately (like our entire tax return getting taken because he hasn't been paying his military credit card) and these were supposedly sent out back in December....we've even moved since then back to Ohio from Florida. It's just getting beyond ridiculous. I feel like I'm babysitting a teenager rather than being married to someone who's two years older than me.
      Dear gods, I can understand...a friend is the same way. I mean, when its to the point where you are living on the ship (even though nearly everyone is in barracks now) as an E-5 because afford the gas to go to work because you bought this big house for your lazy *** wife who never cleans it and lets the kids run around like hooligans (but had to have it to make up for her insecurities from a shitty childhood). I try to be sympathetic....but I frequently want to whack them all upside the head. Gibbs style.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

literally fits Freddie's description...

When I watch NCIS, I often wonder if that was the intent of the writers.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I often want to shake mine, and when I say shake I want to wrap my hands around his neck and shake him!! Not that it would do much good as hes a foot taller then me and over 50#s heavier then me. Sometimes I swear they don't think, and its really the stupid stuff he forgets. Or his absolute refusal to help with dinner or walk the dogs. We work the same shift at the same hotel, hes on the banquet side I'm on the restaurant side most of my nights are busier then his and yet when he gets home he takes a shower and sits on the couch and I am expected to walk the dogs AND make dinner. Yes sometimes I want to shake him!!!

Loosing an entire tax return does deserve a thump!

But I will say he makes up for it when I come home to a completely and immaculately clean house. Laundry, dishes and floors all done. I get this treat usually once a month.
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            I often want to shake mine, and when I say shake I want to wrap my hands around his neck and shake him!! Not that it would do much good as hes a foot taller then me and over 50#s heavier then me. Sometimes I swear they don't think, and its really the stupid stuff he forgets. Or his absolute refusal to help with dinner or walk the dogs. We work the same shift at the same hotel, hes on the banquet side I'm on the restaurant side most of my nights are busier then his and yet when he gets home he takes a shower and sits on the couch and I am expected to walk the dogs AND make dinner. Yes sometimes I want to shake him!!!

Loosing an entire tax return does deserve a thump!

But I will say he makes up for it when I come home to a completely and immaculately clean house. Laundry, dishes and floors all done. I get this treat usually once a month.

I wish mine cleaned the house. :P

It's funny, because I know he knows how to and I know he used to do it religiously before we moved in together. And he promised beforehand he would help out with the cleaning if I was working... you can imagine how that turned out. I don't mind the cleaning and cooking, I just mind that he leaves messes that could easily be cleared within seconds of them being made with very little effort on his part (leaving pop cans or dishes around). We've had that talk, numerous times, and I've just come to a point where I'll catch him playing a video game or watching tv and point it out to him and then he'll clear it with a little bit of prompting.

Maybe it's time I start conditioning him like a lab animal... provided positive reinforcement for good behavior and all that. ^^

Oh well, he handles all the tech support weirdness that I chalk up to technological magical malfunctions, and he's at least trying to keep things together and moving forward in the rest of the areas of our life.

But there are those days... I ought to just get a squirt gun and discipline him like I do the cats. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
              But there are those days... I ought to just get a squirt gun and discipline him like I do the cats. ^^
              I think this is a fantastic idea! I should also go buy one. He really does do an amazing job when he cleans the house. He dusts and vacuums. There is no half a#$ing when he cleans. Its all or nothing, and it works for us because I don't like to deep clean. I keep a clean kitchen and work on single areas each day.

You know I really have absolutely no problem making dinner and walking the boys. The boys and I have a routine and making dinner is very relaxing for me. I can make it at my own pace and make what I want. Its the "Whats for dinner" as soon as we walk in the door that makes me want to throttle him. Give me a little time to relax and unwind too!
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

Haha, no kidding. I do it backwards, I come home and ask him what he wants and when he says "I don't know," it means I have free reign to make whatever I feel like making.

I don't mind deep cleaning, I mind the clutter... sooo much clutter... ^^

Comment

Thats the coffee table. Oh lord I have grown to hate the coffee table. His cups, his plates, his sunflower seeds, even his floss, go on the coffee table, and will sit there for days if I leave it.
                  But I guess thats our trade off as I will leave clean laundry in the basket instead of fold it. He hates that.

Comment

I wish it was just our coffee table... Here, it's his desk, the bookshelves, the dresser, the car, the couch, the staircase rail (work uniforms, for some reason - even if I put them in the closet first). And then my mom, who lives with us, clutters up the ENTIRE FLOOR (I think she has some phobia of being able to see the floor or walls, or of clear walkways through the house), the dining table, the piano, the counter tops in the kitchen... you get the idea.

I can keep our room clean pretty easily (because all that's in there is a bed, a tv, and our clothes), but I dread to look in hers.

People never believed me with how bad it was, until I got photo evidence on my phone. haha We've finally gotten to a point where she's not allowed to put anything of hers in my "space" of the house (it's complicated, but basically the basement main room is my domain), and that's where I need to go to escape the yuk.

But between the two of them.. I should probably invest in a super soaker.

Comment

I think every day about how glad I am to be living alone! I'm hurting more than normal today becasue I spent too much time on my feet this morning, and if I had to deal with someone else's b.s. I'd flip out.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm thinking it was nice to think I got an all over 'golden glittery tan'.
                        My 'tan' ran down the drain in the shower.
                        Just got back from the Ren Faire with Hobbit feet.

This is me. Being regal as f
                        fb.jpg
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Gawd I love the queen mode. ^^

Comment

I am not a drinker of the booze. And I certainly do not like beer of any kind.
                            But they had this raspberry cider. Omg. Soo good!
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am a huge cider fan, also I am glad you had fun today!!!

Comment

Feeling kind of crap and trying to decide if I want to eat or not.
                                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                                X