This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Intense day, and it's only 3pm. I just... yep. I'm going to bury myself in herbalism books for the next few hours and then take a nap.

Comment

me: "I worship Apollo"
      other person: "is that the god of war?"
      me: utterly baffled that she doesn't know who Apollo is

Comment

Not to become to upset...remember few here in the US can at times not tell you the name of historic people who founded this country...Or even who was in that movie they watched only 5 years ago...
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Whenever I hear Apollo I think about Hermes. Probably because I associate both apollo and speed/movement (i.e. hermes) with the sun.

And I know very few actor/actress names in general... >.>

Comment

well Apollo and Hermes have lots of stories where they interact, so thinking about them together isn't really that unusual

and yeah, Anu... good point. unfortunately. *mumbles incoherently about the state of things in America*

Comment

I am thinking about Wicca. There is something comforting about duotheism which somehow seems right to me.

Comment

Root beer floats are easier to make with flat root beer...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Cuba seems to have had an effective "vaccine" for cancer for a while - like, 20 years. It doesn't prevent it, or cure it, but it stops it from progressing.

Fidel & Co. distributed it for $1 to citizens.

From what I've read, it is now being tested for use in the U.S., and it looks mighty promising.

I wonder how much it will cost here?
                if you don't have good insurance it'll be life destructive cost I imagine...
                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  nanoprobes
                  So I'm reading this anthology on the end of the world. There is this story where mini robots are placed in your body to help you live better etc. And then there is a war with America against the other team (we never know who that is). The other team has found a way to hack into those robots. They are set to self destruct on May 1st of whatever year. The time comes. All the people in America simply shut off. Dead. Except for the few who made little robots to go in and kill the bad robots inside.

It's terrifying. You are driving and then 'click' you are dead.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Btw guys, do we have someone who is into Native American faith?
                    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      So I'm reading this anthology on the end of the world. There is this story where mini robots are placed in your body to help you live better etc. And then there is a war with America against the other team (we never know who that is). The other team has found a way to hack into those robots. They are set to self destruct on May 1st of whatever year. The time comes. All the people in America simply shut off. Dead. Except for the few who made little robots to go in and kill the bad robots inside.

there's a steampunk-romance series with a similar sort of scenario, whose name escapes me, but it was fairly interesting
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                        Btw guys, do we have someone who is into Native American faith?
                        There is something like 500 recognized Nations in North America alone. Each has a unique spiritual and religious belief along with a pantheon of gods / goddesses and creature's that make up the pantheon. So there is no such thing really as a North American faith, pantheon or belief system.

Usually though two Nations are exploited the most in western magical / occult systems those being the Cherokee (Tsalgi) and the Sioux (Lakota, Dakota, Uglala (think Teton goes there also but not sure which major clan)) SO probably 90 percent of things passed as Native American faith or pantheon belongs to one of those two Nations.

Will be honest it's kicked my butt trying to keep them separate and recognize their individual uniqueness as well as understanding it's all part and parcel of their social, cultural and ethical systems and one aspect is not easily separated from the others and understood outside the totality of who they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                        there's a steampunk-romance series with a similar sort of scenario, whose name escapes me, but it was fairly interesting
                        Think I must be dense because I've never understood Steampunk. Read stories, both novel and comic like, but it never catches me or inspires me.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Not the end of the world but sure made me think of the current story lines of the nano-markers that the media keeps saying will be inserted into all American's in the next few years. make us out to be dogs with tags in some ways.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post

Think I must be dense because I've never understood Steampunk. Read stories, both novel and comic like, but it never catches me or inspires me.

Its the aesthetic I like----Victorian era sci-fi.
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Thinking about smacking my fur son upside his head. (I never do and never would. Love him too much. I'm not an animal abuser!) He keeps getting off the bed and I have to pick him up constantly. He would make a snail mad.
                            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Eunuchs.
                              Because coughing is inevitable, sleeping is optional, I might as well spend the night googling eunuchs.
                              baah.

Comment

As I've mentioned elsewhere already, I've started reading my books of shadows again, and after a few years of feeling nothing from them, I'm suddenly feeling a real connection to my earlier path, and feeling that same attachment as I flick through the pages, that I used to feel back in the day, when I poured my heart and soul into the pages.

I've been reminded of loads of practices I used to love doing, including one which oddly fits perfectly into my current theology, even though it didn't quite match up with my core wiccan principles back in the day. I'm also surprised to see how much more articulate I was back then (despite my terrible spelling >.<). I frequently used words I wouldn't even think of these days, and some of the spells I wrote myself and thought were kinda cheesy at the time, read back like poetry to my older, and I guess dumber mind.

Maybe it was starting to use the 'Radical Dreaming' technique again, that I used to use fairly often at the peak of my practice, that has started calling me back to what Goldhammer calls the 'authentic self'. Whatever it is, I feel more psychologically sound than I have for a little while now.

I brought volume 3 to work with me (if they weren't hardbacks so quite heavy, I'd have brought the lot, trust me!) , so I'm gonna check everyone is sleeping safely and soundly, then grab a cup of tea and sit for an hour or so getting further reacquainted with that once good friend of mine; myself!
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X