X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I feel you. We had this coupon for Memorial Day. Pretty much the same coupons we do on any day. Just with MEMORIAL DAY written on them. I witnessed so many 40 year old tantrums. It was quite embarrassing. Some dude was like I don't want to wait in line! He then throws a measuring tape at me and says he will be back. He doesn't want to be in line with stupid people. And then says he's going to Starbucks (which is in our parking lot and I can see out into their store).
    Guess what I see?
    A very long line.
    idiot.

I had so many people come up and just not have their shit together. Asking me all kinds of dumb questions. And I'm like
    NEXT!
    NEXT!
    NEXT!
    I read this and am so glad that I literally work across the store from the registers.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

The worst part is that I'm the gal that is known as 'the fixer'. I get all the cry babies, psychos and toddlers my way. Because I'm the one with the power to say yes. But I mostly like to just say 'no'.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I had some guy who was clearly a grown adult and could not use the English language properly (you know, full words, syntax, sentence formation, correct grammar), and clearly with no intent on learning the proper usage (common slang culture), and asked repeatedly if we had books on how to write grant proposals.

I just kept thinking to myself that maybe grant proposal writing wasn't the most useful kind of book in his situation.

I ended up having to hand the call over to someone else because no matter how many times I repeated we can't do subject searches without an actual title, author, or isbn, he didn't seem to understand what I was saying. My brain apparently thought it was the funniest thing in the world for about 10 minutes.

Also fun when the guy who volunteered to clean out the bathrooms tonight found a toilet which had had a bunch of baby wipes and paper towels shoved into it along with the un-flushed feces.

And that's not even touching upon the myriad of people who must have some form of inability to think about how they're driving in the parking lot could prove hazardous to pedestrians, or the people who feel that 10 minutes after closing is the time to start asking employees to look up obscure things or talk about how emails are such a confusing thing to figure out in order to receive coupons.

It's still not as bad as one of my former places of employment though, where someone once set a pair of pants that were for sale on fire.

Comment

and this is why my (grocery) shopping was all done at 6 am Saturday morning and we've not used the car since, except to go to the arboretum and MAYBE the beach in about half an hour before the crazies show up
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Going to medieval fair it's cold and raining but I don't care. I'm going!
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
              I had some guy who was clearly a grown adult and could not use the English language properly (you know, full words, syntax, sentence formation, correct grammar), and clearly with no intent on learning the proper usage (common slang culture)...
              In my profession, we call these people "the average high school student."
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm thinking MO's pizza delivery guy got into an accident and some toppings ended up in the road. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...ushpmg00000022
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I go back to work today after 4 days off. I'm ready and not ready at the same time. The cook 1 position went up. Well see if they actually interview me or just push it to the side.
                  "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    In my profession, we call these people "the average high school student."
                    Sad...

Just four hours of my working day, and then it's my weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                      Sad...

Just four hours of my working day, and then it's my weekend.
                      I work 2-10 pm tonight. Then 2 days off! Me too!
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        I'm thinking MO's pizza delivery guy got into an accident and some toppings ended up in the road. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...ushpmg00000022
                        A tragic waste of pizza ingredients

Also, disappear halfway through shift yesterday plus a no call no show on Memorial Day. Short of literally being in the hospital, one of my coworkers is leaping closer to not being a coworker with every passing day.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

^^^ Sounds like the person just had enough and sailed on out.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Provided he isn't a liar, his other job was more than enough but quitting by going out to lunch and not coming back is more than a little dickish. I have a very in-depth knowledge of the section he was assigned to. It ain't that stressful.

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              A tragic waste of pizza ingredients

Also, disappear halfway through shift yesterday plus a no call no show on Memorial Day. Short of literally being in the hospital, one of my coworkers is leaping closer to not being a coworker with every passing day.
                              Once had a temp come in the morning of Monday signed in,then disappeared for the week,and on Friday tried to get paid. That was the ballsiest attempt I ever saw.
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Masked says I'm not posting enough. So here we are.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X