This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Civilization looks just like I remember it from last year. I'm in the St. Louis area until tomorrow a.m. And I'm at Cracker Barrel - first one of those I've been to in ages.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
      Does that only work for people with win8 and up? I haven't seen anything about a free upgrade to win10 but would try it.... It's free. And I have a win7 install disc, if it turns out to be crap.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
      I have a 2009 win 7. I have bing (I use only to rack up points to get free e-cards). I signed over a month ago. Last week on my actual desktop sidebar the win10 offer popped up. It's not from the browser. So I clicked and it sent me to microsoft. Anyone who has win 7 and up gets a free upgrade.

Find out how to get Windows 11 from Microsoft. Check your PC’s compatibility against the system requirements to see if you can upgrade to Windows 11.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think that would only happen if you have auto updates on Duce. I myself never put auto updates on ever. I am very happy with Windows 7,and would not update to windows 10 until I see how it shakes out.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm waiting for windows 10 myself. It seems like it'll be pretty good. I think there's a way to enable the preview version if you want to try out the unfinished product.
          Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
            I'm waiting for windows 10 myself. It seems like it'll be pretty good. I think there's a way to enable the preview version if you want to try out the unfinished product.

Try the Windows 10 beta safely: Here are the hardware requirements, and how-to's for preparing virtual machines and partitioned hard drives.

goes over it and the actual Microsoft link is

Find help and how-to articles for Windows operating systems. Get support for Windows and learn about installation, updates, privacy, security and more.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Morning after the full moon, good tea, supper in the slow-cooker, and I have a day of study, reading, learning, and maybe some artsy things ahead of me.

Comment

I'm sick of the universe's shit. I wish I could just fake my own death and live in the wilderness with my cat and dog.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                  I'm sick of the universe's shit. I wish I could just fake my own death and live in the wilderness with my cat and dog.
                  Don't try it. You'd eventually end up having to eat them... Or they you.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Can I come with you?

�Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

This would work just until you realize there is no microwave,and those Bugs BITE.....!!
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                        Can I come with you?

This would mean that you two are leaving Thal and Shahaku alone to keep me in check. What did they do to earn that ordeal?
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

How bitter I am lately. That we were almost over the d#$% hill and would be getting everything back on track and then BAM and I'm back at the bottom and have to start climbing again. I don't know if I want to start climbing again if I'm just going to be shoved to the bottom again. Next time I'll bring a stick and beat the crap out of anyone who tries to push me.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                            How bitter I am lately. That we were almost over the d#$% hill and would be getting everything back on track and then BAM and I'm back at the bottom and have to start climbing again. I don't know if I want to start climbing again if I'm just going to be shoved to the bottom again. Next time I'll bring a stick and beat the crap out of anyone who tries to push me.
                            I can empathize. I know it doesn't help in the here-and-now, but most of what doesn't leave you dead can be surmounted. Best wishes!
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              This would work just until you realize there is no microwave,and those Bugs BITE.....!!
                              I live in one of the buggiest towns in Canada. Bugs ain't got nothing on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                              This would mean that you two are leaving Thal and Shahaku alone to keep me in check. What did they do to earn that ordeal?
                              It's okay. I'll leave them with a bunch of rope and instructions on how to tie you up.

...I'm quite good.

Mostly art.

Comment

It's okay. I'll leave them with a bunch of rope and instructions on how to tie you up.

...I'm quite good.

I'm not really used to being the one that ties people up...
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X