X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
    Got an oil burn today when I was cooking. Well technically, 3, but they're all from the same incident. They aren't very big, and I can't feel them (nerves died after a second of exposure), but they sure aren't pretty.

Ice packs to the rescue!
    I used to have beautiful hands. They aren't pretty any more after I started working the line. I'm covered in burn scares. I wear them well though. A little character I guess. Just make sure your burns don't get infected!
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I hate having headaches.
      Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
        I hate having headaches.
        Me too. Take care!!!
        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Eww, headaches. I've been a lucky devil to avoid those (my headaches can usually be cured by throwing a cold, wet towel on my head and neck but other people seem to have far more intense headaches/migraines. That might be worth trying though. whatever's the case, take care and drink a lot of water!)

Sort of ironic that I'm sharing health tips here... I'm basically a complete wreck. And eating a pie right now. I'm wasting all my money on the altar of instant gratification in the form of whipped cream and coffee.

Plus I'm a bit confused. Bumped into a friend who is doing far more better in this 'being human' thing that I ever will. She seems to think that I'm somehow spiritual. I should have probably told her that I quit yoga and meditation and all that... and I don't know what to do about the fact that I haven't been to bars or festivals or concerts and all that...
          Okay, this went into personal rambling again. But I'm just confused. And humbled in a way. It was nice to see her.
          baah.

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
            I used to have beautiful hands. They aren't pretty any more after I started working the line. I'm covered in burn scares. I wear them well though. A little character I guess. Just make sure your burns don't get infected!
            Yikes. That sounds painful!

No infections yet. Just a few patches of dark pink skin that still doesn't hurt.

Comment

I have a headache also.

I've decided to try IF (intermittent fasting), since I've been having a hard time controlling my eating, and I just recovered from a stomach bug, so my hunger levels aren't super high right now anyhow. But I went to bed with a headache, and I woke up with a headache. And I'm grumpy. And I have no desire to eat.

Mostly art.

Comment

I didn't know I was scared of lightening until I had to walk to work during a dry thunder storm tonight. I'd never seen fork lightening during the day before the first thunderstorm this afternoon. I like watching it from a safe distance, but when it's streaking across the sky right above, it's pretty damned freaky.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I think that I don't give a fat rat's ass about an election that occurs over a year from now. Gah!

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I took a couple of bites out of a jelly filled pastry. The first dough I've had in almost a month. There's a reason I didn't finish that pastry.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
                    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                    Sneak Attack
                    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Hoping a coworker keeps her cool til 8.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Well...we are moving three states to the south, timeline as yet unknown. And (as long as I get a job in a timely manner), we have the apartment picked out in the school zone we want.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking that anyone in my apartment building who raids the communal freezer and eats my ice cream is going to get it with a baseball bat. Well, not really. I'm a pacifist, but they don't know that. One cardinal rule in life is "don't mess with someone who is crazier than you are".
                          "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            Well...we are moving three states to the south, timeline as yet unknown. And (as long as I get a job in a timely manner), we have the apartment picked out in the school zone we want.
                            So to Georgia you go???
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
                              I'm thinking that anyone in my apartment building who raids the communal freezer and eats my ice cream is going to get it with a baseball bat. Well, not really. I'm a pacifist, but they don't know that. One cardinal rule in life is "don't mess with someone who is crazier than you are".
                              Take a photo of yourself liking the icecream in the tub and stick it to the lid with the words, 'this has my spit all over it'. That tends to work. Alternatvely, put it in a plain box, tape it shut, and write 'stool samples' in big letters. ^^
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                                So to Georgia you go???
                                That one could be interesting depending upon how you count. Three states from Virginia counting Virginia is South Carolina. Three states not counting Virginia makes it Georgia. Could even make it Florida if your going three states down which would cross North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia to arrive in Florida. Yes and my analytical mind is at work when I should be asleep.
                                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Working...
                                X