This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

I'm thinking that I really, really don't like flies. Someone suggested that I ask them nicely to go away. Nope. Didn't work. The flyswatter is the only answer.
    "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

I will second that Gas(or do you prefer Mask?)
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Just Gas Mask will suffice. Neither Gas nor Mask sound particularly flattering.
        "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

I am wondering just how a person is eaten by an escalator(I guess not really eaten,but killed) just weird,but it did happen in China. Dragon escalator???
          http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/27/china/...led-escalator/

- - - Updated - - -

Believe it or not,when I googled "Dragon Escalator" I found this.
          http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-4589...escalator.html

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Gas Mask View Post
            Just Gas Mask will suffice. Neither Gas nor Mask sound particularly flattering.
            And GM sounds too contentious...
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

There's this game called 'fury of dracula' that looks awesome and I want it. But it's out of print... from what I can tell a new edition is being released this year. But I want it noooow!
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Major things are happening in my life. Major, shocking, brain-melting things. I'll update another day when it's settled a little bit. I need to mull things over.

Also, my husband brought home this adult beverage called Kinky Pink. It's surprisingly good...
                I'm going to make an attempt at replicating my dad's grasshopper (the drink) recipe tonight. It'll never be as good on the first attempt, but if I can get halfway there it will still be better than any bar version I've had.

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  Three days of cutting, folding, glueing and writing and our wedding invitations are finally done and sent! Yes! Relief! Now on to wishlist.
                  That was a pain in the ass, we had bows to tie too... Don't do bows...

- - - Updated - - -

I'm currently thinking of sleeping babies, and how there isn't one in my house...

)bounce bounce bounce(
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                    That was a pain in the ass, we had bows to tie too... Don't do bows...(
                    We did wax seals on all of ours. KP hated me after that because hes a perfectionist and if it wasn't perfect hed do it all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking I've been away for a few days, and I've missed you guys TONS!!!
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

This concludes day 5 of 9 day work week.
                      My strategy is pretty much yeah, do whatever you want. Yeah, I'll return it. No problemo. Yup. Have a day. Yup.

Also this cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's was friggin excellent.
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        This concludes day 5 of 9 day work week.
                        My strategy is pretty much yeah, do whatever you want. Yeah, I'll return it. No problemo. Yup. Have a day. Yup.

Also this cheeseburger and fries from McDonald's was friggin excellent.

Have to admit that aspect is something that always confused me when working in the civilian sector. I'd hear complaints of working x number of days straight before getting a day off and they ask me why it didn't bother me. Usually didn't like my answer when I'd say what is 5 to 15 days when I've spent 6 to 9 months at a shot working every day without a day off. Working 18 hour days and only the ship itself was my place to go away from it all, which means you never got away from it all. If lucky maybe a day or two in some port after 60 - 90 days at sea at times. Subs even worse knowing once the hatch closed nothing till it opened again 90+ days later as a norm.

Definitely made it difficult when someone wanted sympathy for having to work over one weekend with no break. Usually being told then I was just being an arse because I didn't see it like they did.

Of course that also tied into the notion of hard work hours. Took me quite some time to get used to the idea of "It's 3:45 time to start getting ready to go home" I'm like hold it we've still got this and this to get done today and the reply was it can wait till tomorrow. That and the notion of were not getting paid overtime and that is overtime. That was difficult to come to terms with for quite some time once I retired from the Navy.
                        I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                          Have to admit that aspect is something that always confused me when working in the civilian sector. I'd hear complaints of working x number of days straight before getting a day off and they ask me why it didn't bother me. Usually didn't like my answer when I'd say what is 5 to 15 days when I've spent 6 to 9 months at a shot working every day without a day off. Working 18 hour days and only the ship itself was my place to go away from it all, which means you never got away from it all. If lucky maybe a day or two in some port after 60 - 90 days at sea at times. Subs even worse knowing once the hatch closed nothing till it opened again 90+ days later as a norm.

Definitely made it difficult when someone wanted sympathy for having to work over one weekend with no break. Usually being told then I was just being an arse because I didn't see it like they did.

Of course that also tied into the notion of hard work hours. Took me quite some time to get used to the idea of "It's 3:45 time to start getting ready to go home" I'm like hold it we've still got this and this to get done today and the reply was it can wait till tomorrow. That and the notion of were not getting paid overtime and that is overtime. That was difficult to come to terms with for quite some time once I retired from the Navy.
                          9 days straight of customers. :=I:
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

9 days in a row ALWAYS makes me cranky. I can generally keep a pretty good attitude but by day 7 my tolerance level drops a whole lot. I am more then sure that being on a ship or sub is completely different but retail and the food industry are their own hells.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Never worked that but i'll see your 9 days with customers and raise you 14 to 21 days straight with parents while your trying to do all the routing for a school system. Phone calls coming in around 6:30 and going all day and into the evening after your closed. Saturday and Sunday's to get cussed out because each parent has such special children and they just have to have such special transportation requirements that you have to bend over backwards to give them. On one line, another on hold and a third one ringing and they expect you to answer all three at once and be able to provide for each caller. Getting cussed out because you did what they asked, getting cussed out because you didn't do it and they never told you, getting cussed out because they just made a change at the school and you haven't corrected it yet much less knowing about it. That being just for the regular school students and not even considering the special needs students, the homeless, the special programs outside your school district, the special deals the school board or administrators agreed to.

One of my co-routers told me she'd rather go back to assembly line or retail as she got cussed out less and actually appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                              9 days in a row ALWAYS makes me cranky. I can generally keep a pretty good attitude but by day 7 my tolerance level drops a whole lot. I am more then sure that being on a ship or sub is completely different but retail and the food industry are their own hells.
                              Not saying they are not. My wife was manager for a Taco Bell for a while and manager for a 24 hour convenience store so I got to see that and hear about it for sure.
                              I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
                                That was a pain in the ass, we had bows to tie too... Don't do bows...

)bounce bounce bounce(
                                Oh. We did bows... but after all the other sh*t they may not have been so pretty. We were both sick of it by then.
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...