This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

We have adders in Britain. Rare, and not particularly dangerous, but still. It's the only one of our three snake species that is venomous.
    Dunno about mainland Europe though.
    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Got the job

Comment

Congrats Cuckoo!
        Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzal View Post
          Congrats Cuckoo!
          Thanks!! I'm very excited

Comment

I wonder why it has become mainstream, now, to misspell ridiculous.

It ranks up there with anyways, to me.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
              Got the job
              Yay! Let's celebrate in two weeks when you get paid. Buy me something!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post

Dunno if you'd have wanted it! Turns out that while I was sitting here with horizontal rain and wind but no windstorm, other parts of Adelaide had hail, bits flying off roofs and power lines down.
                Its just got proper cold here. Started wearing tights under my jeans yesterday. But is still dry as a bone
                ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                Seen the desert and the birds
                You cut your hair short
                Like a shush to an insult
                The world had been yelling
                Since the day you were born
                Revolting with anger
                While it smiled like it was cute
                That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                  Apparently, we have venomous snakes in Europe. How did I not know this?
                  Hah this made me blink. Venomous snakes are like... an everyday thing in Australia. So the thought that there's a place where it isn't an everyday thing is weird. I KNOW there are places where you don't have to worry about snakes every time you leave your house in summer... but it's still weird.

But then... I'm Australian. Not only do we have venomous snakes here, but (depending on who's list you read) we have between seven and ten of the top ten venomous snakes in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Heka View Post
                  Its just got proper cold here. Started wearing tights under my jeans yesterday. But is still dry as a bone
                  We'll send some your way then. We've had three weeks of dreary rain now... this early in the season we've got plenty to spare...

Comment

Hah this made me blink. Venomous snakes are like... an everyday thing in Australia. So the thought that there's a place where it isn't an everyday thing is weird. I KNOW there are places where you don't have to worry about snakes every time you leave your house in summer... but it's still weird.

But then... I'm Australian. Not only do we have venomous snakes here, but (depending on who's list you read) we have between seven and ten of the top ten venomous snakes in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

We'll send some your way then. We've had three weeks of dreary rain now... this early in the season we've got plenty to spare...
                    I don't know why I want to visit Australia so bad (been a dream since I was 17)...It's beautiful right? Like, deadly... but beautiful?
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      I don't know why I want to visit Australia so bad (been a dream since I was 17)...It's beautiful right? Like, deadly... but beautiful?
                      Oh yes, it's definitely beautiful. Some parts moreso than others, depending on what takes your fancy. But then I could just be biased!

Comment

They have these photos on facebook that are spiders the size of dinner plates (not the tarantula variety) and someone said they were from Australia... and then my science teacher in high school was talking about giant 10 foot worms... none of that has deterred me, still want to visit some day. Ugh.
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                          They have these photos on facebook that are spiders the size of dinner plates (not the tarantula variety) and someone said they were from Australia... and then my science teacher in high school was talking about giant 10 foot worms... none of that has deterred me, still want to visit some day. Ugh.
                          Don't forget the drop bears! Those are particularly nasty and endemic mostly to South Australia. Then you have the crocodiles at the beach in Queensland. And pretty much every snake or spider, and half the lizards, and a big chunk of the ocean life, are deadly or at least dangerous.

I particularly like this BuzzFeed post about how Australia in general is trying to kill you. And yes... every one of those things is actually a 'thing'. lol.

37 Pictures that prove Australia is the Craziest

Comment

Don't forget the drop bears! Those are particularly nasty and endemic mostly to South Australia. Then you have the crocodiles at the beach in Queensland. And pretty much every snake or spider, and half the lizards, and a big chunk of the ocean life, are deadly or at least dangerous.

I particularly like this BuzzFeed post about how Australia in general is trying to kill you. And yes... every one of those things is actually a 'thing'. lol.

37 Pictures that prove Australia is the Craziest
                            #18+ are enough reasons to make never want to leave a hotel, should I ever visit Australia. ... I can deal with #1-17.
                            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                            Sneak Attack
                            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I originally read this as "Australia is trying to kill you" I don't know how, but that is seriously what I read.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                                #18+ are enough reasons to make never want to leave a hotel, should I ever visit Australia. ... I can deal with #1-17.
                                Except that if you do it on a budget, half the bugs are likely to be IN your hotel with you. You pretty much never want to backpack in Australia.

And don't even get me started on outdoor dunnies (I grew up in the country... none of our toilets were indoors).

Comment

Working...
                                X