X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
    Except that if you do it on a budget, half the bugs are likely to be IN your hotel with you. You pretty much never want to backpack in Australia.

And don't even get me started on outdoor dunnies (I grew up in the country... none of our toilets were indoors).
    Damn! Well, I guess I'll just always wear a deep sea scuba suit. It's not like I tan, anyway.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I've changed my mind about visiting Australia. Dang.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

lmao Australians have a morbid compulsion to tell everyone how badass and full of deadly things we are. Don't ask me why we do it... we just do.

But you love us anyway

Comment

lmao Australians have a morbid compulsion to tell everyone how badass and full of deadly things we are. Don't ask me why we do it... we just do.

But you love us anyway
          Everyone can blame Australia for not meeting aliens.

I redirect aliens to Australia and send a "missing, presumed eaten by local wildlife" to their homeworlds. :cthulhu:
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Australia simply intrigues me. I would absolutely love to visit for an extended stay.

The critters, the geology, the history, the people, the culture... just, yes. Absolutely.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I want to go for the cuttlefish....and the Huon pine.

Otherwise, it looks like a good place to get a bad sunburn.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking about changes in the wind.

And, just what it would take to go spend several months, up to a couple years, Down Under. For an unemployed gimp.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

A court ruled for marriage Equality in my state in the USA! HUZZAH
                  hey look, I have a book! And look I have a second one too!

Comment

But you love us anyway
                    Sounds a lot like New Jerseyans.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Hey, I resemble that remark Hawk....
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

It's too early for bed time.

Plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Malflick View Post
                          A court ruled for marriage Equality in my state in the USA! HUZZAH
                          ForumRunner won't let me give you Rep for this so I'll have to settle for a "yay! Congrats!"

Edit. My thought... I'm thinking about why I'm feeling guilty for being home at 330 pm. I'm constantly looking for justification for being home at a decent time even though I frequently work 10+ hour days 5 days a week but only get paid for 40. Why brain!?
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          Sneak Attack

Comment

But you love us anyway
                            Plus, you gotta remember that if you visit our fair country, you could meet. ..

ME!!!!
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post

ForumRunner won't let me give you Rep for this so I'll have to settle for a "yay! Congrats!"
                              ForumRunner suuuuucks, but its just so convenient!
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post

ForumRunner suuuuucks, but its just so convenient!
                                It's not so bad. Very convenient. I'm getting the hang of things finally and it still does a lot but it's definitely not the same as browser usage. There's also a lot, I find, that falls through the cracks on FR. Can't see formatting. Can't rep. I did figure out multi quoting, though. And it browses fast but I'm guessing that's because of the lack of pictures, avatars, signatures, formatting, etc. I only use it to check PF at work since PF is blocked on our internet at there office. Or at least it was, not long ago. I haven't checked for a while.
                                Sneak Attack

Comment

Working...
                                X