X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Are You Thinking About?

Originally posted by iris View Post
    Christopher Lee is dead *sob* well. Rest in peace.
    Right? I posted on my friend's fb that my childhood was filled with Saturday nights with Lee and Elvira.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Mostly art.

Comment

Music video of the song "The Bloody Verdict of Verden", aka "The Blood of the Saxon Men" belonging to the album "Charlemagne: By the Sword and the Cross" (20...

Oh, Sir Christopher Lee ...

Comment

So there's like uber drama on reddit. A subreddit called fatpeoplehate finally got banned for being a bullying type subreddit. What's worse is that almost all of the top posts right now are all fatpeoplehate members posting bullying posts to the founders and to people in general. Thus proving the point of the ban.

Can people be this dumb?

Comment

I hope I don't make people uncomfortable when I share my spiritual experiences. I come from a background of sharing my path with fellow seekers, so I'm used to being able to discuss my thoughts and insights with others. That community is gone for me now, and so PF has become my community. I guess that's why I share with you guys instead. So with that...

When I was about 12 or 13, I formed an environmental group at school that campaigned to clean up a local park. The park was first established in 1878 and is the only place where the Pow Burn, a now submerged river that runs under the area I live in (I swear all the cold spots and stunted plant growth my mum's street experiences is in some way connected to this river, just not sure how), rises to the surface (the small 'lake' in the photo below, is actually the exposed section of the river).

Fast forward a few years to my most active days as a witch, and I was often found in Northumberland Park, enjoying the trees and speaking to the fae folk that it is teaming with. The photo of me recreating the cover of the onion girl (that I used in my latest blog post), was taken there and at that time, back when I had much longer hair!

I don't go anymore. I haven't for quite some years now. Certainly not since losing my faith in 2010, despite returning in fits and starts and being quite spiritually active at several points during this period. My mum goes, and has been telling me about all the changes they've made to the park in recent years. I just had no interest in seeing it for myself.

I'm frequently working with some gentle rituals that I call 'the inner flame' and 'the mother's milk', and are simple enough to be performed while at work. I've been asking for healing and also for mental clarity. For some way to break the stagnation I've found myself in. Loads of things have started moving since starting to use these rituals. I feel like I'm finally making progress. The nicest part has been getting back in-touch with my local area. Especially in light of my new concept of deity, Brigantia and the local deities have become even more precious to me.

Yesterday morning, I visited another place of strong spirit presence that I've been neglecting; the ocean. The tide was in, so I didn't go down onto the beach, but I went down to a lower viewing platform and spoke gently to the gods, apologising for my absence and asking them what I should be doing with my life. I got a strange reply; 'grow up, but stay forever young'.

Tonight, my mum told me that there are wooden troll statues and little doors carved into some of the trees in Northumberland Park now. It hit me finally, that I need to go back. It's like, 15-20 minutes from my home by foot, about half way between my home and the ocean. I have no excuse not to go, and quite frankly I feel ashamed of myself for claiming to work with local deities and not spending time in the places where they are most strongly felt. I've looked, and the park has a victorian herb garden now and is working on installing a labyrinth. This is all done by a voluntary group in the area. I think I'm going to contact them and ask to join, so I can spend time out of the house and doing something constructive to help the local community. Who knows, I may discover other pagans living in the area. I know of at least one solitary witch, who'll be, gosh, in her mid-late 60s now, who lives down by the banks of the river Tyne, and another who used to live 2 minutes from Northumberland Park. Maybe I'll reconnect with these old friends and teachers.

For someone who was so angry that the gods don't listen, they're certainly responding to me now. Maybe because I've changed my approach to them, seeking them within instead of out there somewhere... or maybe I'm just asking more reasonable questions now...

Last edited by Jembru; 11 Jun 2015, 16:57.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              So there's like uber drama on reddit. A subreddit called fatpeoplehate finally got banned for being a bullying type subreddit. What's worse is that almost all of the top posts right now are all fatpeoplehate members posting bullying posts to the founders and to people in general. Thus proving the point of the ban.

Can people be this dumb?
              Yeah, it spread all over the internet and entered in proper, nice subreddits. It was balls.

Mostly art.

Comment

brb. I'm moving to London

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  He's threatened this before. If Boris Johnson can do it, Eddie definitely can!
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

How it sucks being sick. I want to be normal. Lord and Lady help me.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I tried to play one of my old nostalgic games for the ps1 and I didn't like it... I fear I may have outgrown my carefree gaming days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                        I tried to play one of my old nostalgic games for the ps1 and I didn't like it... I fear I may have outgrown my carefree gaming days.
                        My fave game on ps2 was MediEvil. I mean I had a crush on that lil skeleton dude. And Spyro the Dragon. Ahh...the young care free games.
                        Now I play bingo on fb and mahjong like an old lady.

Comment

One of the local dog kennels in town just posted a job ad. I know I've got enough experience to land the job if I apply soon, but...it's only $15/hr, for 30 hours a week. With the hours worked, I'm not sure if I have the time to pick up a second job after it, and I just did the math, and that's not quite enough money. I could JUST pay bills (not including groceries), but I wouldn't be able to pay off any of my debt.

I'm not sure what to do.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                            One of the local dog kennels in town just posted a job ad. I know I've got enough experience to land the job if I apply soon, but...it's only $15/hr, for 30 hours a week. With the hours worked, I'm not sure if I have the time to pick up a second job after it, and I just did the math, and that's not quite enough money. I could JUST pay bills (not including groceries), but I wouldn't be able to pay off any of my debt.

I'm not sure what to do.
                            Apply for the job...if you get the job, do it and pay the bills (you'll have to see what you can do to scrimp somewhere), while you look for another job that pays more or for a second job.
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

I'm not sure what to do.
                              When the late Nadine Stair of Louisville, Kentucky, was 85 years old, she was asked what she would do if she had her life to live over again.

"I'd make more mistakes next time," she said. "I'd relax. I would limber up. I would be sillier than I have been on this trip. I would take fewer things seriously. I would take more chances. I would climb more mountains and swim more rivers. I would eat more ice cream and less beans. I would perhaps have more actual troubles, but I'd have fewer imaginary ones.

"You see, I'm one of those people who live sensibly and sanely hour after hour, day after day. Oh, I've had my moments, and if I had to do it over again, I'd have more of them. In fact, I'd try to have nothing else. Just moments, one after another, instead of living so many years ahead of each day. I've been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle, and a raincoat. If I had to do it over again, I would travel lighter than I have.

"If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds and I would pick more daisies."
                              After reading that I realised that sure, I could have played things safer, taken fewer risks, but then how would I feel, age 85, when I looked back over my safe, dull life? I'll be able to look back and tell the nursing home staff about the time I gave up everything and moved to Germany on a whim. Then the adventures that followed when I got back. The awesome jobs I did (had Germany never happened, I'd still be doing my old job as a community enabler for sure, and probably wouldn't have met JP, or started studying Japanese again and so on...).

You too, have given yourself something very precious and exciting to look back on one day, and I can't wait to hear where it takes you!

Comment

The aurora borealis is supposed to be visible here tonight! I'm keeping my fingers crossed
                                You remind me of the babe
                                What babe?
                                The babe with the power
                                What power?
                                The Power of voodoo
                                Who do?
                                You do!
                                Do what?
                                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Working...